Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Pictish Warchief armour (epic, flawless) currently appears to be worse for temperature management than Guardian armour (epic, flawless), in all situations.
Previously Warchief was heat resistant (2bars on each piece of epic/flawless), while Guardian was cold resistant by the same amount.
Since the Siptah release, Warchief now has 1 bar of each heat and cold resistance while the same quality Guardian armour has 2 bars of each.
It’s not just a stats screen or tooltip issue either; wearing Guardian armour keeps you warmer at the Temple of Frost and cooler at Muriela’s Hope than the Warchief armour does.
Guardian armour used to (pre-Siptah) make me overheat in the desert near Muriela’s Hope. Now it keeps me cooler than the (formerly) heat resistant set. Initially I thought the cold/heat resistances had been switched (Guardian is skimpy metal and pictish a load of fur, so it would make sense), however testing shows otherwise.
That doesn’t seem right!
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Make a set of epic/flawless Pictish Warchief armour and one of Guardian, same quality.
- Compare the heat/cold resistances between the sets.
- Go somewhere hot, see how hot you get in each set.
- Go somewhere cold, repeat.
- Tremble and behold the Guardian set being better for temp management in each temperature extreme.