Pillars..... That's right. Pillars

Personally, i hate that we have to use pillars at all. Ark did it much better, walls do not transfer foundation support. Foundations provide support to tiles placed above them. I have a tower that is roughly 36 wall panels high. The foundations on the bottom floor support the roof. This allows you to build huge building that do not have pillars cutting away at usable space inside of your base. I could fit 2 of my conan towers side by side in my ark tower. And it is all usable space.

Those are not fence foundations, theyā€™re walls attached / ā€˜hangingā€™ from ceilings.

Back view, a row of ceilings attached to foundations pieces.

Foundations of any kind and pillars do not like each other at all in a vanilla building environment.

1 Like

I am somewhat against that, because immersion. ArkĀ“s setting is not antiquity, so modern building and ceiling is ok, but in conan times ceilings were a big problem. I really hate it, when i see gigantic halls in old time settings. I know, it is convenient for playing, but i feel the weight of a ceiling, when i look at it. Ok, ingame it is called ā€œreinforcedā€ stone, but still.
So i love the conan static system. It would even be better, if there were height restrictions. After building something 20 tiles high, i want to see the stone crumble and pillars burst :wink:

1 Like

Depending on which wall it is (thereā€™s a couple bugged ones), itā€™s because of socket data being wrong. LBPR doesnā€™t change socket data, because that can VERY quickly become messy. Thousands of players use LBPR every day, I really donā€™t relish the idea of making all their builds blow up because of socket data manipulation.

2 Likes

no, I donā€™t blame you. I just like to joke about how much of a headache they still are at any given opportunity.

I still have never been able to put one on a wedge ceiling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.