Playing solo campaign - what's the point

I ask this question sincerely with no animus intended. I purchased the game and enjoy it very much but I’m not a multi-player. If going solo, what is the end goal of the game? Will NPC camps come after me and my fortress? Can I go after them? Just need some advice on how to realize the essence of the developer’s vision if Exiles is being played via solo campaign. Thanks for any help.

nogeaux

The good folks at FUncom decided that we really wanted a group only game.
Thats what we have.

Hyborian and Shadoza - Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Shadoza - I appreciate the advice you offered. I’ll give it a go.

nogeaux

I would not have thought of this at all shadoza pretty awesome way to do the story for offline/co-op

And I’m now building hard all over the map with Purge disabled (not disabled in fact but requiring 2 people to be online in my SP game, so it just can’t be initiated). When I’ll be ready to protect all my bases I’ll change settings and have fun with all those dirty barbarians :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The goal of the game is to find the way (collect all the artifacts needed to) to free yourself from exiled lands.

Obviously in a multiplayer game, at least in pvp or pve-c, there is no reason for leaving exiled lands, because you can transform exiled lands in a paradise and “rule” over them.

But in a solo game, even if it’s wonderfull to build fabulous fortress even if meaningless, imho I see no reason for not simply completing the game :wink:

Well, sorry to be glib, but the point of the game is to have fun. “Well duh?” you might think. Yes, well, Conan Exiles is largely a sandbox game, which means creating your own meaning. It does have (a bit of) a story, but you can cheerfully ignore it - and it is not trying to be a “main story” or “campaign” a’la Skyrim or The Witcher, there isn’t even really a “big bad” to fight (well… sort of, but again not really).

Whether playing solo is fun for you is of course a good question, it isn’t for me - even though I largely play solo, I like that there are other people on the server to chat, trade and occasionally cooperate with.

Of course it’s ultimately all meaningless - just like somewhere between 99.9% and 100% of all human endeavor is ultimately meaningless. But no more so than reading, or watching TV, or playing sports or any other activity with no more intrinsic value than the enjoyment you derive from it.

2 Likes

Offline…Online? I solo… so single player allows me to enjoy the game and not have put up with troll who block pathways, spawns, put penis statues on my lawn, log out in my base etc etc.

Its a escape to enjoy the game with out morons ruining it.

But goal is the same, build, find fun were I can, and enjoy my time spent there. XD

1 Like

Survive. Build. Dominate.

Or alternatively

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.

You can even do both if you want to. (Note: The lamentations of women in the game are rather, well, lame. “I never wanted to be here” and “It wasn’t supposed to be like this” are about the best they can do.)

2 Likes

True. They’re not really keen on being driven before me, either, preferring a mad suicide rush every time. The crushing is satisfactory though.

1 Like

Awesome idea .

Very interesting ideas Shadoza, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.