Why does funcom hate thier single player offline mode?

question

Why doesn’t funcom check nerf effect on single player offline mode?

They nerf everything useful to a singles player offline mode player.

This is not OK!

I payed full price like every other preorder bonus!

Give me some support here.

This is why this game should NOT have PVP in it.

Unfair PVP blances in my offline single player mode!

Explain how my Offline single player mode effects PVP?

The answer is it does not effect PVP!

Can you at funcom staff stop nerfing my game version with PVP blance patches full of nerfs?

PVP is a major selling point for many players, suggesting that it should be entirely removed for your sake is both selfish and idiotic :slight_smile:

Please take other people in consideration when making suggestions like these.

PvP is also the most difficult to balance and generally the cause of a game’s failure to thrive. I did not purchase the game to play PvP. I purchased it for its solo play option. Suggesting that PvP is more important than the other modes of play is short-sighted and can be considered a selfish act as well.

Bryan is requesting that Solo play not be changed to benefit PvP mode. He is requesting that Funcom support the other billed modes rather than focusing on PvP balance. I do not see where he is being inconsiderate in his suggestion/request.

Please. I am getting frustrated with the PvP rebalancing as well.

I’ve played this game since launch mostly PVP official, I honestly would be bored out of my mind playing it solely as a single player game. TBH it would be nice to see more Skyrim like elements like randomly generated quests / side quests and such. So much potential for deep backstories drawing from Conan lore that keep you playing.

Fortunately, there are three main play modes: PvP, PvE, and Solo/Co-op; something for everyone. Funcom needs to keep the modes balanced in order to retain all the play styles. I believe this is what OP is requesting: balance for the Solo players as well.

PVP nerfs hurts the other elements of gameplay.

There are 4 modes 3 are online.

3/4 cost plus to play on.

PVP nerfs hurts PVE,Co-op and offline single player mode.

3/4 major mode hurts.

When you make nerf for 25% of the game modes it hurts 75% of other game modes.

the game is designed mostly as a multiplayer online sandbox experience and what I’m getting at is the single player version lacks content. Balance between offline and online game play modes seems like a moot point when the game doesn’t really stand on its own as just a single player game.

Your point is flawed.

You can balance PVP from PVE.

This game mostly PVE.

3/4 modes are not PVP.

Multiplayer sand box is NOT auto PVP.

The design does not lack single-player content; however, over the passing months, the nerfs and changes have made single-player mode more challenging.

Multiplayer does not mean PvP.

Online, open sandbox, only means that the map is shared and their are no linear quests to force movement. One can jump onto an online game, chat with friends while running solo to any part of the map they dare to challenge. If the player needs help, a friend can come help them because they are playing on the same map even if they are not playing together.

Online gaming was made popular because of the social options (live chat) not because of the PvP options.

The big driver to Conan exiles is online multiplayer sandbox and a large part of that is PVP too. It’s not hello kitty online and conflict and competition drives some of the most popular servers. Even on PVE servers you see petty squabbles over land/resources. Even so, the view I’m expressing is that the single player/ pve game does need more work and content to keep most players sticking around. Ever wonder why Skyrim is still played so many years after its release? It’s near unending content. One of the most common complaints I hear about this game regardless of game mode is that after awhile there’s nothing to do outside of some form of conflict or new content.

What is your problem? What did they nerf that make you this upset?

This game isn’t pve, this game is a survival game, survival games should be difficult, should challenge you and your sanity (I’m a rust player), the pve in this game is a joke, I can kill the croc boss with the stone spear given enough time, with 30 str i can kill hyenas with my fists…

I really don’t understand what problem you have…I would have understood somebody getting angry for decay in single player, but combat nerf???

Could you explain?

We can agree that new content is appreciated.

While bringing new content to the game is a good thing, that content needs to be carefully balanced amongst the various play modes.

I never wondered why Skyrim was/is popular. Dragons, (even thought they sometimes fly backwards or spit flames out the wrong end.) I played Skyrim and enjoyed it. I do not play it now because even Skyrim has limits on replay value. I was hoping that TESO would answer the needs of Skyrim players, but it turned into a PvP game with little PvE or solo value for end-of-game experience. Balance is everything. I do hope Funcom does not fall into that death trap. I would have thought that Funcom learned a valued lesson regarding the ability of PvP to carry a game (TSW), but no so sure currently.

PvP is a part of the overall gaming experience in Conan: Exiles. I agree that it should not be ignored. I move forward with that thought and state that neither should the other modes.

Just rendering a guess…sptiballing with some business logic… but online is where there will be still incoming cash flow long after Funcom moves on to another project. New free content and officials cost them money. Online private servers hosted by g-portal or other server services will be a small revenue stream (Totally guessing that Funcom gets some kind of % of the fees…if not then i suck at business 101…)

And the way this game is structured…no dungeon crawls, open sandbox with minimal story development, non destructible in game buildings… seems to cater to a more online multiplayer
type game play. I am not saying that it should completely abandon SP and offline, but just the logic says online is a higher strategic concern.

To balance everything is not a great strategy. Football terms, if you have 2 starting quarterbacks, you don’t have a starting quarterback.

I cannot speak for Bryan; however, for myself, I can.
A little tweaking here and there is not an issue. But too many tweaks and the Solo/Co-op mode suffers.

In Solo mode a player cannot trade with other players to gain items. It is a common belief that the reason there are limits on feat points is to force trading.

A player cannot heal as passively as they could in early access. PvP players complained that the auto regen was making their lives more difficult. It was removed and a restricted heal was put in place. Now low level players find extra difficulties in moving out of the oasis area as the food it weak and the beasts in the new areas are too strong and too many to make the fight enjoyable. A new player must find a secure place away from fighting and eat a wealth of food to regain enough health to continue in any direction.

Insulated wooden structures are T2. They are unlocked at level 20 but cannot be used now until level 28 because of the addition of oil to the recipe. Oil was added because PvP complained that some T3 buildings were too easy to create. Oil was added to the insulated wood resource without considering the impact on T2 builders. This issue has not be addressed by Funcom. It appears that it will not be because it works well for end-gamers and PvP needs.

World boss were added along with chests containing legendary weapons. The chests can only be opened by a key gained (or not since they changed the tables) from defeating the world boss. Solo players cannot defeat these bosses without spending a boring amount of time fighting them. The bosses were easier to kill for solo players until end-gamers complained that they could kill them naked with a stone weapon. Most solo players ignore the world bosses because the fight length is not worth the chance at a reward.

Once, activating a feat was all a player needed to make T3 structure pieces or weapons. Now, because PvP complained that the structures and weapons were too easy to obtain, a player must travel to a specific sight to use some of the more popular resources: Obsidian and Star Metal. Learning the recipes and capturing a proper level thrall is no longer enough. one must go to a specific forge and process the materials and create the item. A solo player could spend more time running across the map and fighting off enemy guards then actual forging.

Bandages are rendered useless as the player cannot move after they are applied. Guess why?

While i understand your love for single player, the only question is:

Do you think Funcom would make these changes if the player counts on each side (SP/MP) were the same, or close to the same.

My first thought without actual numbers is that Funcom is doing what any good business does, and caters more towards a majority of a fan base, while still trying to stay close the the original vision. In the end it is a business, and if i had to choose to keep 1 player vs 2 by making a nerf/buff, I would choose to keep 2. It is common sense math that has driven profitable businesses for ever. There is a saying that you can’t please all the people, all the time. IOt exists for a reason.

I feel there is more than enough SP content within it to have a different experience, even on official. I am in the midst of doing it now. Normally a big clan guy, but have refrained and wanted to survive on my own. Nothing has limited anything i have done so far mechanics wise. The only difference, is now i don;t have to go to battle because my idiot clan mate snaked someone, or got jumped. I do as i please, when i want, how i want. Been freeing. And no mechainc has felt limited at all.

I’ve played a lot of solo games and I have to disagree with some of what you’ve said.

(1) feat points. Never run out of them even when playing solo and if I did, I’d use a reset potion.

(2) healing. Don’t recall ever having an issue with this even when I’d just started the game. Have you considered turning the difficulty down in your single player game?

(3) agreed that it seem odd that you can’t use the insulated wood building blocks until level 28, by which point you might as well wait until t3 is available at level 30. It would make more sense to increase the cost of black ice structures (requiring 3 - 10 times more black ice for example) in order to balance the t3 structures.

(4) world bosses. I don’t think that they’re too hard, but I do agree that they’re an order of magnitude harder when solo. Have you tried bringing a thrall along for the fight? A good cimmerian or volcano fighter with epic heavy armor shouldn’t have too much difficulty surviving most boss fights. I’ve soloed most world bosses. The earwig and demon spider are easiest.

(5) obsidian is no problem for single players. Start metal is however quite annoying to find in the single player/coop game (something I realized when I moved to a server). For the obsidian, a single run to the volcano forge should provide you with enough bars to last a lifetime. But you’d be better off sticking to the serpentman recipes.

(6) bandages: can’t say I ever use them.

the answer is simple. funcom hates all of their player base.

I think there is a common misunderstanding of the value of PvP within game developers. The old idea of “Play together: stay together” simply will not die no matter how often it is proved wrong. Yes, I believe that Funcom will favor PvP even if Solo/Co-op and/or PvE out numbered the PvP players.

Good for you that you never notice the limitations placed on Solo/Co-op mode. However, I think most Single players do not want a “Different” experience, they want the same game options as other modes. They are getting less for the same cost as the PvP players. Not balanced at all.

About feat/skill points:
While I do agree, that harsher limits on feat points may enforce trading and I would welcome that…
The current situation is:
As long as you dont feel the urge of running around with the knowledge of each decoration, weapon and armor, you are never forced to respec because of your feats.
I never used any else armor than light exile/reliq hunter/DLC stuff, so I never invested points into these - aside of getting the journey. (acc armor+vanir)
I always had points spent on polearms, 2h swords and daggers.
Thus I would even be in for -200 feat points. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :

About healing:
IMO each and every player should go for 30 vitality anyway. Everyone did prior to the perksystem too, so I see no reason for people NOT to invest into vitality now. I do agree that a t0 healing wrap using fiber+aloe would be great though! (Possibly part of the basic cooking feat? To enable SOME out of combat healing?)
Prior to autoregen, life is harsh. After that, life becomes easier by each level…
However, it is possible for a practiced player to survive and even wipe camps in the north with fiber “armor” and stone weapons. How do you think that people level on pvp? … A “few” hours slaying i.e. new asagarth and they are 60… (daggers?..)
Did you really have fun facetanking the most brutal creatures because healing was so damned OP that even a light armored guy could facetank them?
People still do way too much facetanking… (If you should ever check out calamitous, some people just facetank these giant bears… Not exactly the best idea…)

About norther t2 building parts:
They completely overlooked that. And they keep ignoring that point too! @Ignasis Or am I wrong? :slight_smile:
Having the press be lowered to 19/20 would solve this issue. Or they could just make them require dry wood, resin and iron reinforcements. Something along these lines.
By the way. I would still LOVE to see wooden t1.

About these “worldbosses”.
I still hate that people agreed on that term for these monsters.
The big white elephant may be considered a worldboss. Heck, the undead dragon was a proper worldboss at lvl 50 times. But the current ones? …
They have been nerfed in HP and as always it’s a sandbox. The player him/herself is supposed to find whatever way works best for him/her to kill a boss.
-> A lot of people used palisades or huge staircases to kill bosses. Others just bring a bow and lots of (different) poison to kill the boss. Yet other people may bring a shield and companion with daggers/bleed to kill stuff while most damage is being dealt by their companions while the players themselves block the bosses attacks.
Though I agree that they seem to be balanced for multiplayer while not rewarding multiple players.
Same for dragons, though these are a different matter. (Even though I block, most of their attacks wont be blocked and instead knock me over/kill me.)

The special materials/recipes thingy:
I doubt that each and every PvEplayer agrees with you. The pve-part of me is thankful for these different approaches on different materials and stuff.
You should try age of calamitous. Their recipes are by far more complicated. An endgame metal bar requires killing giant bears, which isnt too much of a good idea for solo players. Then it still requires a huge chunk of materials being used for the cores at the volcano forge which then need to be refined at the frost temple forge.
Star metal isnt really something I enjoy though. (Due to it being random.)

Bandages? My guess is that they had been supposed to become like this when they first had been implemented. I might be wrong though. But honestly… Why would anyone use bandages if they could just gulp some herbal tea or that soup? …

I understand that the points can be reset; however, I do have to reactivate everything when the potions are used.

I could change the settings or make myself “god” with the admin panel but that isn’t much fun. I would like to play the game as it was set at base. If you played before the game went live, you might have noticed the change of ease. It is not impossible to recover, it is just annoying that my character must stand in wait while the healing happens slowly compared to the heal on the run action that was once there.

I think the world bosses are not really hard, but rather high in HP. It takes so much longer for a solo player to defeat them that they risk becoming bored with the lack of action before defeating the beast.

The obsidian is easy to find. But going tot he forge to process it is annoying. I love the look of the Star Metal; however, processing it and finding a fall are both off-putting. I do not usually play in the Frozen North or the Volcano areas as I do not find the terrain appealing. I liked it better before it was changed.

I think only a few players use the bandages currently. They are that useless.