Please add an option to disable admin-panel console enable command in SP

TL;DR Disclaimer: I want the OPTION for an Admin Panel to be inaccessible for a single-player game session, NOT the complete REMOVAL or Inaccessibility of the Admin Panel from the client.

Everyone should have a choice.

(Post Edited from a reply, because I think it’s more to-the-point and relevant)

Add a “No Cheats” check box at the create new singleplayer game menu that disables the console command to unlock the Admin Panel for a GAME SESSION (that instance of the singleplayer for which the option has been toggled for).

Poeple still have the option to access the admin panel if they want… they just need to have ignored the check box. That’s it. Poeple are exceedingly good at ignoring something unless they need it. Easy.

Why? :

When playing Diablo 3, or No Man’s Sky, or any game that is online-singleplayer, it feels good cuz you feel the dopamine of legitimate achievement, compounded by the acknowledgement of others.

If you achieve something in Conan Exiles singleplayer, there’s no dopamine. Cuz in the back of my head i’m like “I coulda done the same stuff in 4 clicks.”

In a way i’m saying, efficiency destroys achievement. And not being efficient makes you feel like your just gimping yourself. Leaving yourself at a disadvantage.

It’s said that a disadvantage can always be turned into an advantage. All it takes is a change of heart.

But I don’t need temptation gnawing at me at every turn. I don’t want to play “Dont’ use the admin panel.” with myself. I want to play Conan Exiles. In the current state, they should call Conan Exiles SP: “The Trials of Discipline: Don’t use the Admin Panel.”

In other words: It’s annoying to know one has a trump card that destroys the game. The fact that one has to resist temptation is annoying in itself.

I’d rather have something be an option to be exhausting enough to access that it’s no longer a temptation.

3 Likes

I would also be interested in an option when you start a new SP game that permanently locks out the admin controls. I think there are more players out there that would like this option as well.

2 Likes

Even with admin being a checkbox, I still can’t keep myself from checking that box… It does take a lot of enjoyment out of the game, but I do like multiplayer more for the simple enjoyment of occasionally seeing others hunting and stumbling across beautiful bases.

However, I like to test and see things in single player from admin panels, so I’m in 2 mindsets… A lot of mod items can’t be crafted, so there’s that, and it is impossible to kill several of the bosses in solo without using a thousand arrows or demigod.

Personally, I have taken more to single player for practicing building designs and testing out weapons/armor and used multiplayer for the actual game. Although, it is difficult to find a server with the settings/mods that i have enjoyed (2-3 times gather/xp rates, restricted pvp, emote/armor mods). I’m sure it’ll be easier to find a more suitable habitat come May. :smiley:

You could just type random characters in the admin password box in server settings.

That would force you to play normal or start over.

5 Likes

There’s your lockout. Smash keys on the keyboard until the password maxes out.

+1 I heard this mentioned but nothing offically, just rumors that they may have plans to change it that way.

I’d also really enjoy that because it means it would lock out admin access on offical servers if the server was created in the “Normal” gamemode, rather then sandbox which has access to admin commands.

For the first ~five months of ownership I refused to use the Admin Panel. Then I started going 1 v clans and realized I might be lacking some vital info.

I think if we had multiple characters available per account, it would make this issue go away. I’d have a sandboxer, and a 5x leveler and a 1x leveler locked behind a nonsense password as @droch-aon suggested. Also, hat-tip to @Enyo for your honesty, gave me a good laugh this morning. Cheers!

1 Like

Typing a random password is actually quite a good idea. But imagine I talk to a friend about having defeated a boss using 5 Archers legitly. Then he’d be like “Naw, you must have summoned them.” and i’m like: “Naw… I randomized my admin password” and he’d quizzingly ask: “Why would you do that!?”

I want playing fairly to mean something.
I know it’s a bit of a paradox, playing single player should not matter to others, but I would like to feel like it does.

Like, on ARK, I tried admining a server. Everything was heaven for 4 months, until I feel like all that I do doesn’t really have any value cuz I could just summon it. I just felt I was serving other poeple. Nothing I did felt like it had any “intrinsic value” unless some one road fury voice witnessed me /road fury voice, chromed teeth and all.

I ended up returning to the official servers. I hated staying up at night, sleep deprived for a week, playing Wildcards sadistic imprint game, but it was still preferable to the pointlessness that admining exudes.

In X3, if you played the game legitly, it is a pure save, otherwise it get’s watermarked with “modified” on the stats panel. Things like that motivated me to play X3 SP for over a year. That was a total blast. I could show my friends what a badass I am.

I’d like to do that on Conan SP too. I would play multiplayer but I do AirBnB in RL too, and I don’t want to logout in the middle of a desert to recieve guests in RL, with my character unconcious on the floor on official servers, nor do I want to join some unofficial server that’s gonna accidentally wipe itself on the next update, or have to restart 194734 times a day cuz it is heavily loaded with mods.

I don’t want to fly away on vacation for a week then lose all my stuff cuz of timers, or see pillars everywhere so I can’t build.

1 Like

Possible solution for SP:

1. set up the possibility of admin rights with the level of difficulty the player has to choose at the beginning
    or
  2. let the player at the entry menu choose between
    a) online/multiplayer
    b) sp without admin rights
    c) sp with admin rights (=local host)

Option 2 could even have the no admin option as a check box when creating the SP game when you are asked to select a difficulty tier: civilized, barbaric, etc.

2 Likes

@TikaTheHungry
Oh yes, ofcourse. That is possibility number 3 :innocent:

Just reread your post. Maybe your option 1 is what I recommended for your option 2? I guess that means I really support option 1.:stuck_out_tongue:

@TikaTheHungry
I thought you mean an extra checkbox behind every difficulty level :innocent:

Both consoles and Steam have achievements, which are usually blocked when you activate any cheats or mods.

Perhaps there will be a checkbox when starting a server, which blocks the admin panel from the start?

1 Like

I hope so. It would defintely give people a higher sense of security for officials also. I’ve heard a few people say they’ve seen admin powers on official servers. (i’ve only ever seen a admin fly, which could of just been just lag mimicking the standard fly model, I didnt look to deeply into it because nothing else shady happened)

When you first start your character on SP having a option then to enable admin rights sounds pretty cool.

1 Like

When playing Diablo 3, or No Man’s Sky, or any game that is online-singleplayer, it feels good cuz you feel the dopamine of achievement, compounded by the acknowledgement of others.

If you achieve something in Conan Exiles singleplayer, there’s no dopamine. Cuz in the back of my head i’m like “I coulda done the same stuff in 4 clicks.”

In a way i’m saying, efficiency destroys achievement. And not being efficient makes you feel like your just gimping yourself. Leaving yourself at a disadvantage.

It’s said that a disadvantage can always be turned into an advantage. All it takes is a change of heart.

But I don’t need temptation gnawing at me at every turn. I don’t want to play “Dont’ use the admin panel.” with myself. I want to play Conan Exiles. In the current state, they should call Conan Exiles SP: “The Trials of Discipline: Don’t use the Admin Panel.”

In other words: It’s annoying to know one has a trump card that destroys the game. The fact that one has to resist temptation is annoying in itself.

I’d rather have something be an option to be exhausting enough to access that it’s no longer a temptation.

My proposed solution:

Add a check box at the create new singleplayer game menu that disables the console command to unlock the Admin Panel for a GAME SESSION (that instance of the singleplayer for which the option has been toggled for).

Poeple still have the option to access the admin panel if they want… they just need to ingore the check box. That’s it.

1 Like

The default setting for the Single player game will have the Admin function disabled once the Testlive build is pushed to the live build.

But all it takes is a console command to get it up and running again. That’s tilde + CTRL-V + Enter. Unlocked.
Unless it’s more complicated then that, it’s not gonna make it any less tempting.

On testlive it’s currently:

1. go to server settings
  2. click ‘make me admin’
  3. return to game and reopen options, then the admin panel is there.

You do have to do it every time you log in for a session as well. I have given up on using single player for anything more than Testing Grounds, where I’d need the admin panel to see/compare items in the game. All my actual game play is done through private servers, which I greatly enjoy. There’s a sense of accomplishment when you have other people’s structures to admire (and thralls to avoid).