Please consider making the next Saga server PvP!

They made the Saga server to make money. Do you think a PVP server would rake in as much as the PVE one did?

No, but I think a PvP saga would be a lot more successful than a 2nd PvE saga.

1 Like

It would depend on how the did a 2nd pve saga. If it was an identical quest chain as this first saga and the rewards are the same then probably wonā€™t be as successful.

But if they did another pve saga server, Iā€™d like to see one where the questline focuses on the 6man dungeons. However, if the intention is to bring more players back that arenā€™t currently playing then a PvP server might make more sense next before another pve one. Even though I hate PvP and will only check it out if the rewards are worth it from a pve perspective.

I think this server showed that a 6 man saga is nice in theory but it would take dedicated players little more than a week to complete (unless it were time trial based or something). I much prefer dungeons to raids, but even the dragon spine ones are far too easy. Set the Khitai difficulty back to 2010 and I might be interested in the idea (especially if all raid gear is disabled).

With the current population, only a handful of people would be able to do most of the dungeons. It would turn into and endless KK farmingā€¦ :dizzy_face:

Only a handful people currently just barely capable of doing mona runsā€¦ and by mona I leave coppice out cus I was in t5 item shop warrior group and they kept wiping the boss, so decided just to leaveā€¦ Some people say to this day they are trying to kill that bossā€¦

If youā€™re talking about saga, the quality dropped down drastically about 1 month ago. Before that, despite the fact that most of the people was farming RF like chickens, it was still possible to find decent groups.
Then I guess that most of the people got bored and went back to their normal servers, but it became impossible to find decent group. The last one I joined was not even able to kill Anoki, in the Iron Towerā€¦ :crazy_face:

The 6man dungeons are my favorite part of this game. Would run them endlessly for hours every night into the early morning. I do have one of my favorite stories Iā€™ll share. Does anyone remember the guardian Edit by Anzu: No names.? Was a member of the Edit by Anzu: No names. guild. Anyways back when the infamous den of crowmen farming exploit was going on. Where groups would repeatedly farm the boss over and over for relics, Edit by Anzu: No names. was partaking in said exploit and thought it was wise to petition a GM to come observe what they were doing to see if it was OK? Well the GM determined it wasnā€™t and banned him on the spot!!

1 Like

Not really, GMā€™s were bound by the server ruleset. There were no rules for 80ā€™s ganking lowbies, i asked a GM in FotD myself at the time. This behaviour was the reason we got the criminal system, too bad it came after the game had been mortally wounded.

Nobody said anything about rulesets. Read again.

I support this idea 100%.

for me, from the beginning of this game, the most entertaining, exciting and fun content has always been the open world PVP feature.
running around the world like a pirate, improving my skills to survive in the field, sometimes kill, sometimes get owned, like a cat and mouse. whether iā€™m a cat or a mouse it is fun either way. of course fighting an equivalent strength player is the most fun.

it is very disappointing to see PVP like that is almost dead, along with the PVP servers.
i think there is too much focus on PVE features these days.

the devs should at least improve the minigame feature. the flag capturing is boring and too class oriented and outdated as heck.
there needs to be a system that it gathers all players who wish to open world PVP in one area and just let them roll freely. similar to PUBG.

There isnā€™t focus on any part of the game, pve or PvP. The game is in maintenance mode soā€¦

Honestly, the idea of a ā€œopen world pvpā€ is good on paper, but in reality is people ganking you when you are almost completing a questā€¦ So you start to camp and kill people when they are most vulnerable to increase your KD and canā€™t barely explore the world without the fear of being gankedā€¦ Is not fun at all. I donā€™t know if on AoC is different butā€¦

There are a reason that Crom population is much bigger.

ā€œThere are a reason that Crom population is much bigger.ā€
This argument is as dumb as it can go. People just state that more people on crom, so that must mean pvp does not work in aoc.

Or how about we take a good look into this games history and the hundreds of times Funcom spat on pvp:ers for years.

People been able to cheat since forever without any kind of lighting bolt from funcom to prevent this
Pvp:ers forced to grind pve for years and years to stay relevant in pvp. Memory cloud / etnity farm at the start was ridiculous and gave a massive gear advantage to anyone not doing that. ā€œcough night watchā€ (even when majority of them were garbage in pvp)

Ainā€™t it fun that pvp 10 weapons were likeā€¦ worse? than t2-t3 raid weapons. And it took TWO years to grind out that pvp 10ā€¦ Unless you were farming rocks ofcā€¦ and at the start that area was claimed by biggest zerg guilds to hold it. Pvp gear was pure garbage, you were better off wearing khitai gear than pvp 10 sets. (for dps classes, tanks forced to use crappy pvp gear) but its okay since Guardians steamrolled through anything by slamming head on keyboard.

Lets move on the important stuff. Mini games not working, criminal system not working properly and abused, game crashing, horrible lags, Major disadvantage being EU player etcā€¦
Was it when swotr or eso came thatā€¦ Mini games died for a month or so? whole game was red baring for a month and you could not sign mini games. Let me know why anyone sane would stay on pvp server at this point, we have nothing but scratched the surface here, but I got better things to do than type a novel here so bb

1 Like

All of this

After all the unbalanced revamps (to mechanics and classes both), forcing Khitai and T3 on PvPers for at least the weapons, Bori (even if you levelled the slow way you still needed the tokens), pug minis, broken sieges that were never worked on and all the other crap itā€™s amazing that this games PvP lived into 2011. But Tyranny remained a pretty populated server until the SWTOR patch it never really recovered from and Fury was well populated for years after.

Whatā€™s more amazing is that my old friends, some of whom quit long before 2012 are still nostalgic for it. Itā€™s kind of a testament to how fun the game is to PvP in even with all the rubbish they did to make it as much of a bad experience as possible

1 Like

This sounds like an awesome idea. It would be a really good oppertunity to breathe some new life into pvp. Low level pvp is pretty much non-existent on both servers (be it minigame or openworld) even though itā€™s SO much more fun than 80 pvp imo (because of the massive gear imbalance at 80). So you would have to enhance the ruleset to encourage low level pvp. And also make the final rewards in such a way that they make you able to compete with other players at 80 once your character is transferred (for example some pvp T2 pieces) .

1 Like

Maybe cap leveling at 25, so everyone can still do lowbie pvp on white sands, acheronian ruins, and underhalls.

First saga reward would be reaching level 25, granting t1 gear. Everyone would have the same gear. Pvp would be much more fun.

Also, allow us to back to the beach area and pvp. Maybe have an event, or capture the flag, or death match on the beach. Have a sea monster eat you if you stayed in the water more than 10 sec, animation already done for ape island. Would be a blast!

sorry for necroposting butā€¦ how it ended the story of blood and glory server 5 years ago? anybody remember it? was it a success? what rewards did it give?
http://www.ageofconan.com/news/the_blood_and_glory_pvp_ruleset

There was a massive item duplication exploit that I think never got fixed. The server lost people and became a deserted wasteland pretty quick I think. Then it sat abandoned for a few years before being shutdown and active players were shunted to Fury with wipes on particular exploited stuff and gold.

As far as I remember, the initial idea was well approved by many players but the implementation and later changes made the server bad and not liked.
At first there were the countless exploits (not only item duplication but also exploits that made ganking easy which drove away new players) that got used 'til the very last day if the people I spoke too were not lying, then there was the implementation if Bori into the server which killed it for many players since they wanted to actively avoid this content but they got plagued by it again.
Combine that with no Dev feedback, fixes and new content and the servers quickly became deserts.
I remember this one extremely well made fan-made trailer that kind of promoted the server, was a really funny and awesome video (it was literally made like some kind of TV ad) but I canā€™t seem to find it on YouTube anymore, the person that made this trailer was very actively encouraging players to join this server (in the very old forums) but he quit when the Bori update hit the server. From then on it got really quiet in terms of Blood and Glory servers.

To be honest, the ruleset of these servers sounds very similar to the ones used on the recent saga server, I got the feeling that a PvP saga server might end up as a desert in no time too if the major issues are not fixed and given that the PvP community is very small anyways it might cause some serious problems.

I for one have to admit that I wouldnā€™t stay long on a pure PvP server, maybe trying it for a day but other that I have no reason to play PvP at all.

1 Like