Please do not increase the size of crafting stations!

Wow. They’re all two walls high? That’s a really big change for PvP servers, isn’t it?

On the rare occasions when I’ve played on PvP I’ve almost always made the levels of my base 1 wall high to conserve space and make it harder to be noticed.

1 Like

That furnace in the second picture is definitely 3 walls and pocket change… It’s gonna be a beast.

I need to compare it with the kiln. They either made the kiln useless, or I don’t need to redesign the workshop :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. Glad you see my point. :joy:
It’s the same concept as vaults versus metal chests.

EDIT: Don’t worry Narelle! The new crafting benches were designed to fit your 2x2 house. You can place them on the roof.

Already tested that to an extent (though I’m still playing around with test cases). The kiln with a purge smelter processes ironstone at the same rate as the improved furnace when a T4 purge smelter is slotted.

The heat efficient furnace processes almost twice as fast as either with the same thrall.

I think the kiln is your go-to when you need to conserve space.

1 Like

and reading this not only I need the “optional” big ass benches but I also need the older ones:

At the moment I’m looking at it a bit like buying a new T.V. You spend over a thousand dollars to get yourself a nice big high def screen, bring it home and discover that it doesn’t fit in the space where your old one was. So now you have several options:

1. Move the furniture around to expand the space designated for the television.
  2. Take the T.V. back and just make do with the smaller one.
  3. Remodel your living room.
  4. Build an addition onto your house designed around the new television.
  5. Burn your old house to the ground and build a new one that can accommodate your new television.
  6. Cry and moan and demand that the store give you a new T.V. with the same screen area and definition as the new one but with the same physical size as the old one.

I know some of you have this strange instinct that makes you want to skip right to number 6, but you really should at least consider the other options first. :wink:

3 Likes

You don’t need to craft those benches at all, they are just meant to have a different role and use for each one, for example, campaign armorer bench should be usefull to craft quickly at a raiding camp or if you just want to have more items done in less time, while the garrison armorer bench is more efficent with materials, making them cheaper to make but at longer time periods.
Both of them won’t make the already existing imp. armorer bench as it’s still a middle ground between those two and takes less space.

1 Like

I am in agreement with Narelle here. @CodeMage If I wanted to build these new crafting stations in my current base in the Exiled Lands (which I do because they look really cool), I would have to expand my base. However, we need to be both responsible and mindful in regards to base sizes on consoles. Otherwise we risk performance issues. This is even more pertinent as a purely offline player, as my ps4 is the server. My game already becomes a little ‘stuttery’ at parts of my base. So this presents a conundrum.

I appluad the new benches and love their designs, but I would prefer if we could make them a little smaller and more compact.

2 Likes

That is not an apples to apples comparison, as it appears that in some cases, #2 won’t be an option (alchemy for example)

Yes!!! I love those “building” challenges, I can’t wait!!! -

I don’t mind that they’re a little bigger horizontally. I do wish they were a little more compact though (like a 2x2 footprint instead of a 2x3 footprint or even a 1x3 footprint to fit along a wall).

Most base designs that I’ve had over the last few years usually center around a 2 wall high floor-ceiling level. The height does concern me (4 walls high). I’d like to see the chimney stack of the new furnace down to fit a 3 wall height instead (as a compromise). 2 walls high would be great, but I could settle for 3 walls high if necessary, please.

1 Like

What I’d really like to see is ceiling/roof pieces that fit to the chimney stack so it can go up through an otherwise-solid roof/ceiling. I’m not optimistic at all since it’s contrary to the freely-placed bench paradigm, but it’d be welcome.

4 Likes

Well, for once my vertical box-builder approach Is helping me out, if not for style at least for adaptability. It’s time to remove some ceilings and build more floors!

Oooo oooo I want # 6 I don’t care about the house

Ps my aunts taxes is 183 dollars a year on the house the only thing keeping it up is a 6k pound strap but the insurance is worth 180k dollars let it go we says

It depends, we probably no longer need 100rds of stations anymore.
I gladly change my 4 smelters to 1 if they can work on 3 orders at once (like bake stone and smelt iron all at once).

I like the looks of the benches very much, no longer do I need to decorate them myself since they really really look good.

Still the tier 2 benches give a lot of benefit, there is not 100% need of the tier 3 I think, since tier 2 got all of the benefits slightly less.

Wonder why benches looked small in proportions and the altars look ridiculous big, same for the animal pen… all of this will compromise small building though which can be annoying.
So prepare for even bigger sandstone boxes.

Because.

Theres an upside… at least these benches wont appear inside the mesh on Siptah anytime soon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly, people spam probably 200-300 blocks around their bases with blocks on most servers just for the current craft stations… does this mean that will now grow as well :wink:

1 Like

Holy crap! And then people complain my base is big :laughing:

Of course it’s big, I keep all that stuff inside it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We have already expanded our base to take the bigger machines.
What Id like to see is no lock on them. So they have to be in a building and not scattered all over the land, cluttering up the server and slowing it down.

I play on the PVE server. We go to visit each other. Not all players can come to my base. They do not have it loaded. Now there will be more of them.