Please fix the PurgeConfigTable before you go on holiday

If only that were true. People complain about the previous preorder scam scheme even whilst browsing for the next one.

Nevertheless, this is an issue about which we can reasonably disagree.

Back on topic however, do you think we will get a fixed PurgeTableConfig before Funcom heads off to the sun?

What I want, and what I have always wanted is for the game I paid for to work properly. (Not necessarily perfectly, just to head off any ambitious fanboys).

Well I mean, we all want to. Internal gaming industry commom knowledge: ppl come to forums when they have an issue, satisfied ppl just play the game and do not bother. And those ppl with issues on the forums are those who want it for the game to be great and they really actually care.

But i highly doubt that a company that small can really maintain the project as big as CE in a proper state, not in a reasonable amount of time, anyway. So no hopes here.

It’s not really an issue for you perhaps.
Still, censors are typically optional and you lose nothing by allowing players to shut down overt harassment with a similarly optional ignore list.

Well they did add a mute option in the mother-of-bugs patch. Don’t know if it actually works, though, never bothered to enable such an option in any game before.

I can’t like this post enough. I am tired of fighting spiders.

Dear funcom, please fix this. It seems quick enough to correct typos.

Well, if the financial imperative involves keeping people happy, I guess you think that “snowflakes” aren’t customers too.

For their part, Funcom added an ignore function. It never worked for me when I tested it though.

The problem is, if you are so delicate and crystline that you don’t want overt racist abuse planted outside your door in a computer game, the transaction is already complete and you are SOL.

Same for us. First wave came then
nothing. Though we did get a defeated notice about 20 minute a later.

Thank you science for Help Funcom in your private time and also helped us with that Info for the devs to get the Purge Work as intended. Merci, you Rock!

1 Like

Haha, well, I knew that actually, all along.
I’ve just been dying for an excuse to use the dolls house line for years.

Disclaimer: The latter is true. The former is a disgraceful lie.

Bump, it’s time to start fixing the Purges. What you experienced was exactly what happened to me like 2 months ago, and I reported it here in a big purge thread with many others reports, and even Joel and some cm’s taking note of the issue and promising a fix.

So it’s not only those typos on artisan code, but looks like the purge is still bugged in many ways.

Then, the mother of all patches as Funcom calls it wasn’t that awesome, as it fixed many things, broke a few, but still left some major bugs untouched!

I’m the first I wouldn’t have invested so much time in base defence, taming thralls etc if I knew Purges were gonna be so broken since launch. 7 days to die, a buggy survival still in alpha, has a similar mechanic which works much better, so I wasn’t expecting less

I don’t expect Funcom to fix Purges before holidays, which leaves us with an important pve mechanic partially broken for whole summer
but at least I hope they fix it sometime. I don’t wanna get a fail purge like that ever again xD

I’ve been posting about this without response. Good to see others starting to make noise about it too.

In addition to the db entries there is the little problem of the game showing all players in a clan as offline. So any purge servers that have a setting requiring X number of players to be online for it to trigger will never get a purge anyway.

Have fun on vacation, funcom.

Hang on, you were raging at me in another thread barely moments ago and now you are suddenly all for it?

Lets have a look.

You don’t think Funcom should fix this trival but important bug before they go on holiday.
You are saying even if it’s fixed, plenty of other things will remain broken so it won’t help matters.

I see what you did there.

Yes, please fix the typos in the PurgeConfigTable. Easy fix.

Bump bump bump
 the purge is one of the best features of this game for any server mode (PvE or PvP) and yet it’s the one thing that is consistently broken since launch.

Bump because I am starting to believe Funcom is intentionally ignoring and/or sabotaging aspects of the game to keep people around for more DLC.

1 Like

Bump, please fix your game funcom.

Welp, in their own inimitably ambiguous way, Funcom have said on reddit that “some” purge fixes are not likely to be implemented until August, and that they’d basically already done them anyway.

So, if you were in any doubt, now you know.

They know how to fix it, they know how easy it is (search and replace in a text file to correct typos, even if they don’t pad out the 5/6 waves with humans) and yet, they are not going to take 10 minutes out of their day to help alleviate the disappointment of their own customers.

I am not surprised, and I know everything I need to know about Funcom now.

Cya around guys, and if nothing else, I had fun grinding the shills into the dirt. For all the good it did.

3 Likes

Tascha are you around? I know you have much to do with the moap but can u make a small statement here? Becouse If its right it would be fastly corrected in the files. Its a fine Work from science that He will Help you Out.

Yah how about a response for this, please. @Tascha

1 Like

I’m extremely happy you’ve managed to find out why the Purges don’t spawn artisans. If correct, that’s a simple thing to fix.

That said, you’re being paranoid if you think Funcom is intentionally sabotaging their own game in order to keep people hanging around for DLC
 I mean, what?

Black and white dye drops occasionally from Volcano thralls now. And legendary repair kits
 whatever. They’d be nice to have, but the thought of capturing a thrall that makes one is not what keeps me playing the game for a month.

I want purges to work because I’ve made massive well-defended bases. I’d like to see how they hold up against waves of monsters. It’s effectively the end game for PvE, and they keep servers cleaned up and people on their toes (no more sandstone monstrosities in the north).

At the same time, look at some of the other issues that have popped up recently and I think you’ll understand why they’ve somewhat sidelined the Purge for now.

1 Like