POLL=> Should the Lifeblood Spear and Sword of Crom be Restored to their Original Values?

Yeah me too, at least since Purges are now effectively locked behind a minimum-hours-per-day gate.

They maybe should have been better at communicating that soc didnā€™t work as intended on thralls, but if it was wrong it was wrong. Itā€™s not like you really need it that badly anyway and thereā€™s other good options.

Lifeblood seemed kinda op but the nerf is too much.

Voted no, because the options are too simple.

And stuff change in online games all the time and at some point all your time spent will have been a waste anyway

Is this the reasonā€¦

ā€¦? If so, then I can understand, though that feels like more of a reason to get Funcom to rethink Purge Meter depletion rather than giving away the benefits of them.

Hell, on the server I play on, itā€™s pretty common for folks to trade such crafters to other players in return for building supplies, other thralls, or whatever. I take it that must not be a widespread practice elsewhere though. :frowning:

Well thankyou Barnes, I like you too buddy! :smiley: No I really do mean it. In fact I liked it more when you were trying to help me understand technology before we began to clash over recent issues. I miss those days. But the way the forum functions is no different to any community. Its members, even those who are ordinarily close friends and allies disagree at times. And I wouldnt for a minute want you to refrain from being honest in your response on the grounds of friendship. I admire honesty, and you having the conviction to put it on the line. Furthermore, I as a person, despise the supression of free speech. But so that you know; this works both ways. Im not going simply to bite my tongue while someone falsely accuses me of wrong doing or pitting the community against each other.

The community is already divided Barnes, look at the forum for yourself. Arguments over the nerfs on these two weapons have been a near daily occurence since they came into effect. And a new thread about them pops up every other day. Do you expect us to pretend this isnt an issue for us? Furthermore, most of us already know ā€˜who is in what campā€™ and freely identify ourselves as such. I didnt even mention play mode here. Im sorry but I think we as mature and sophisticated adults should have the guts to ask the hard questions, rather than ignoring them, or simply pretending they dont exist.

Yes and like every single poll that has ever been on the forum, there is ALWAYS someone who groans about the parameters and semantics of it. The poll asks a valid question in black and white terms, of whether or not the individual is satisfied with the current state of these weapons. Ie-do you want these nerfs in place? Yes or No. Then democracy dictates it provides an indicator on how best to steer policy based on the voting results. There is no single way of wording it which will please everyone, if not yourself, then someone else will simply find fault with it. So tell meā€¦what else should I have added in thenā€¦!? People have been searching for the magical third option which will please everyone since the nerfs came into effect, but it never materialises. Because sadly it does not exist. I could add a whole bunch of other voting options. For example:

1. Reduce the existing nerfs to half value
  2. Restore the Lifeblood Spear but not the Sword of Crom
  3. Restore the Sword of Crom but not the Lifeblood Spear
  4. Both weapons should be restored and given a further buff
  5. Both weapons are still overpowered, remove them entirely

All this will do is see the data distribution flatline. Every option will yield a result of what, roughly 9-14% each, and none of them would have a clear and distinct majority. We will simply leave with more questions than answers. No, as I said we need a clear cut result, NOT an ambiguous one. So ok Barnes, yourself, Cauthey, Mikey and any other takersā€¦please, tell me exactly how it should be worded and list all possible response options! Show me this perfect way to word it. Or hey, do another poll afterwards, and endure the same criticisms. I will even participate. Heck, I would even be willing to make a joint one where we contribute a shared set of answers if it bothers you all that much.

Not to me it doesnā€™t. Or rather, maybe it does, but it also presents the only alternative to the current version as being the pre-nerf version. Now I get you canā€™t possibly represent every possible opinion as a vote option, because youā€™d just end up with a poll-result so diluted as to say nothing at all. But I do think youā€™ve veered too far into ā€œblack and white territoryā€ here. If that was your intention, fair enough - carry on, Iā€™ve said my piece and will hold my peace. Though Iā€™m sorry if you feel thatā€™s ā€œgroaning about the parametersā€.

Perhaps I have, perhaps not. I do not know. As I said, I am open to suggestions. All Im saying is feel free to offer constructive alternatives. I assure you this is not as easy as it seems.

Well if you donā€™t care about the impact on high level PvP then you have no business in participating in balance discussions based on PvP.

Everyone has every right to participate in discussions since we all share the same game. Of course your reasons for being in favor of a change are your own, as mine are, but that doesnā€™t mean that your reasons or mine are worth more than anyone elseā€™s.

4 Likes

Dave: Wanna know why I have this opinion.
Me: Is it this reason?
Dave: You donā€™t care about PvP, STFU!
Me: ā€¦

Sorry, didnā€™t realize black and white dyes were so critical to PvP balance. However, since Iā€™m pretty sure that theyā€™re not, I guess Iā€™ll go on remaining ignorant to your REAL reason so you can stay comfy up there on that high horse of yours. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well the Purge alchemists (and the Witch Doctor) are even faster producing than regular T4, so I reckon thatā€™s probably what the ever min-maxing PvP crowd values rather than the extra colors he can make. Still though, thatā€™s not the only value he adds.

But wait, the Witch Doctor is super easy to get, just as Vathis the Hierophant was! Shouldnā€™t we therefore conclude that this is unintended and a hermagerd super obvious exploit that must be nerfed and removed retroactively from peopleā€™s bases? :laughing:

1 Like

Sure, why not :wink: I know Iā€™ve stockpiled a few thousand of each dye just in case that happens.

Okay, sorry Crom Iā€™ll stop derailing your poll now :bowing_man:

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind reverting the change to the lifeblood spear since there are already strong dots in the game that counter healing heavily.

Sword of Crom is another issue. It is totally antifun getting killed in one shot. Imagine fighting 10 bosses at once that all can kill you with one hit. Nerfs or buffs do not help here. The sword needs some serious rebalancing regarding thralls.

i always wanna know y

The only problem i have with this is if the meta pulls you out of the theme of the game. Rolling Sonic game play (naked, spear, poke, roll). Not very conan-esque. Another example is Madden. The meta for the longest ( i quit playing 5 years ago, so it may have changed) was to put your fastest player at running back or even QB, and exploit the animation glitches to break long runs. It was a meta of sorts for online comp. That doesnā€™t seem very football like. So should EA just made a game around fastes player with the ball instead? Or should they nerf the way a player atss work out of position to pull the game back into the the origianl theme., which was a sim style football game that was supposed to give you the feeling of playing with your favorite team.

Mikey I am talking about game knowledge. @Larathiel has no clue what I am about to point out.

Creating such an important spawn (T4 alchemist with increased craft speeds) is very lucrative for PvP players regarding bomb production.

High level PvP servers have frequent wipes and therefore everyone has to farm the thralls again. Guess what will happen at summoning place. Fights over and over which adds tension to all players. You have clutches and fights with low level equipment which is a cool thing but leads to another issue that was introduced with the latest stamina changes.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t bother me terribly much, but it helps cement the ravine between the camps. Iā€™m more into bringing us all together, as it is the sharing, and help from PvE players who by and large make the community shine. The truth of the matter is itā€™s difficult to construct a poll without placing emphasis or unreasonable bias on one of the questions. Furthermore, a poll should never make a point.

Considering there are three options available per weapon, there should have been one poll for each.

Each of the options for LB is:
a. no change
b. rebalance to increase the healing
c. restore it to original

The options for Crom Blade: (a bit more inherently complicated due to the ā€œquick fixā€ stamina solution/cooldown)
a. no change
b. rebalance to increase the damage
c. restore it to original

Please keep in mind weā€™re not different at all. I want to be able to fight others, and am willing to risk my ā€œlifeā€ and buildings plus possessions. Otherwise, Iā€™m a really good PvE player. Something people donā€™t recognize is that when a public server goes into a lull of either game cycle or vacation, there are true hybrid players who keep it alive. Iā€™m going to call him out because he seems to have mastered the madness of long-term PvE on a PvP server: @zerog. He is proof (as is @Cauthey, myself and a few others) that there is no substantive difference between the combat classes.

2 Likes

Which you COULD have explained when I asked what your reason was. Instead, you decided not to further other peopleā€™s understandings of your views but to be a prĆ®ck. Way to get others to give a damn about your point of view.

3 Likes

Cauthey comes from cage-match PvP where friends can turn on you in an instant, and where the peaks of Heliograph Heights are still prey to underground glitchers. I spent most of my time on mid-pops, seeking out issues and glitches and BS. Iā€™ve been on 1742 for 9 weeks I think, and even in low pop Iā€™ve never been so faithful to Raid in my Conan time. Itā€™s odd how priorities shift when all the booty can be yoursā€¦

Hang in there, man. We got probed for the last five nights, Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s incoming. And anybody wanting Zero-Gā€™s good stuffs needs to bring like 20 Sags. And me. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hasnt godbreaker armor also +3 stats increase?

But yeah, silent legion is easy to craft compared to godbreakerā€¦