POLL: Your vote about animation canceling

, ,

yes tell me more how people who never pvp will have a good understanding of what pvp needs.

hence why 90% of this forum thinks the healing changes, unwield/wield cancel are good changes.

they don’t pvp, they never have and never will. you want changes from this forum community? you’ve already got them and its the reason the game is in its current 2.4 garbage state for combat. Lol.

Pvp is not the end all be all of the game. Its never been. It’s about both the pvp aspects and the pve aspects, coupled with the vision the developers of the game have in mind. Obviously that vision was that animation canceling is not wanted in their product. I can only imagine that a rework to weapons are on the way. We could be more productive discussing what we would like to see in weapon tuning instead of sitting here fighting about a mechanic that has been removed because the team say it is an exploit.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s why @Twitchy said:

Would you classify your comments as less venomous? Were they more productive? Did you offer a creative solution? If not, then maybe you need to start pulling your weight and stop picking fights.

Not sure where you came up with “90%” but if that’s how you feel, maybe you should express to the Dev’s (in a constructive manner) how you feel that PvP needs a completely different combat and healing system. Then you can propose the system you feel works best for PvP.

F.Y.I. it was the PvP community that requested the changes you’re now complaining about.

3 Likes

wrong buddy. no one from the pvp community asked for unwield cancel to be removed. only the offhand 1.

when will you people learn. nobody wanted unwield cancel removed. only the offhand because it was abusable with scripts.

1 Like

They’re both abusable with scripts and Funcom decided (after the PvP community complained about people using scripts) to remove both.

1 Like

no one scripts unwield cancel. stop. lmao.

But if we’re talking removing things because of scripts ok lets start.

Throwing axes
Explosive jars
Gas/Explosive arrows
Farming from the game entirely because you can script to use 2 tools at once and it’s so much faster than 1 tool
Reaper poison

edit: o and also the only reason funcom removed unwield/wield cancel as stated in their stream is coz veteran players who know how to do it have an unfair advantage over new players who have less experience in the game.

It’s almost like having experience in a game and learning about the mechanics to better yourself as a player shouldn’t exist. hmm casual conan is casual conan. removing the skill ceiling. as dennis said.

Next we’ll see stacking doors/walls/ceilings/drawbridges removed because its unfair to players who don’t watch a yt video on how to do it or putting in the time to learn how to do it themselves.

2 Likes

Well, your comments aren’t any more productive now then they’ve been. But even if you weren’t successful in changing the game, at least you got to blame some random innocent PvE players for your perceived lose. Oh you’re one of those that thinks using a script is a skill and now that Funcom has taken away your skill, whatever will you do?

I suppose you’re gonna tell me that stacking is a skill too.
I’m done barking at you but I do recommend reading some posts with your brand new account before posting a bunch of hatred.

2 Likes

I don’t script. Lol. Nor do I think anyone scripting is even good at the game. I even stopped playing with a notorious scripter for said reasons. I’m sure anyone playin NA servers knows the name Raidboss.

stacking your base a skill and making it more secure? of course. It’ll be on the chopping board next because it’s unfair to players who don’t put the time in to better themselves. Like i said and the same as the developer said. Removal of skill ceiling and unfair advantages a veteran and experienced player has over a new player. Multiple stacking methods have already been patched out of the game further proving my point.

People who don’t strive to do the best they possibly can don’t deserve any luxury. If you weren’t stacking your base (depending on location for which stacking method) you were doing it wrong.

The same as if you weren’t cancelling your spear at the end for faster response times you were also doing it wrong.

It seems this game is heading to a more casual and RP scene. that’s fine I guess for the games audience. Just take a look at fishtraps. now you need bait to catch a fish and fish are worthless as well.

No one from the “PVE community” asked for that, either. And yet you, and many other PVP players, came to the forums to accuse the PVE community of that. I can’t speak for the rest of people who don’t play PVP servers, but I know that I, at least, would be enormously grateful if you people could stop doing that.

The removal of stacking methods does not prove your point. If their intention had been to make the game more casual and less skill-based, they would have removed more. They removed stacking methods that lent themselves to deliberate sabotage of server and/or client performance.

Yeah, the fish trap change came out pretty bad. Instead of getting rid of fish trap spam, it got compounded by compost heap spam. The fish decay timers inside the traps just added insult to injury.

And yet, I fail to see what any of that has to do with “casual” or “RP”. There’s nothing casual with having to babysit your fish traps to avoid losing fish. As for RP, it stands for “role playing”, not “chores and farming”. It’s supposed to be fun. I assure you, no casual or RP players asked for that.

Funcom’s stated reasons for doing it have nothing to do with RP, either. According to them, they didn’t like what passive oil production did to the economy, and they had some concerns about the impact of fish trap spam on server performance.

2 Likes

Since you all claim newbies have a 50/50 shot at taking you down. Then the PVE’ers are just as understanding about the current system as you do.

what are you talking about? who is claiming noobs have a 50/50 shot killing experienced players lol.

Taking animation cancelling out of the game isn’t going to make some 100 hours player any better at the game nor give them anymore chance at killing a veteran player who understands the game to it’s core and all the mechanics.

What it does is remove the skill ceiling available for players to improve. The unwield/wield cancel was basically feinting in a sense from mordhau/chivalry. I can commit to my attack or I can cancel it. yes yes I can cancel after I land my hit and bring it back out but that DID NOT give the player a faster time to deal damage again. What it did give the player was a faster time to MOVE instead of being stuck in a ridiculous animation length.

Unwield/Wield cancel was never about doing more damage and the fact dennis said that is so very wrong it actually hurts. You were NEVER doing damage faster with the unwield. Because you still had to land the hit then put away then pull out weapon again and you had to wait for the animation of pulling the weapon out anyway. It’s about the movement and control we had on our characters. At any moment being able to stop the attack and avoid damage. To see a player charging at you and you can cancel your own animation to simply avoid their attack. Reaction times. Skill.

The only time you got more damage out of animation cancelling was with the offhand cancel. and let’s be real I used it ofc because it was insane DPS but it was stupid lol. It took away the need for a spear to chase players because I just axe spammed at them. I mean you can see how stupid it was here [Youtube Example] clip I upload to youtube fighting players who were invading my official.

Then of course there is the 1 hand sword spam. Again stupid. Unwield/wield cancel? good mechanic that added freedom for movement and reaction times.

you can see at 2:05 I land 2 hits into 1 player he rolls, second player is coming in to hit me. Instead of being animation stuck I cancel it and avoid the attack from the player I was hitting after his roll and I avoid the incoming players attack completely.

Situational awareness and reaction times and having the ability to cancel animations to avoid enemy damage.

4 Likes

Except there is a high stamina cost for doing that in those games…this exploit was free.

and zero stamina management, try dodging, pretty much the same.

You look like a skilled player, instead of asking to get the exploits back, what would you like to see in the game in order to raise the skill gap?

No it’s not. Doing a combo is faster than doing hit unwield/wield hit.

Im not talking about off hand animation cancelling.

Wrong, pre 2.4 u did not use unwielding as a way to hit ur enemy faster. It seems like you mixing unwielding and off hand animation cancelling together. Or maybe you’re the one lying.

Or he just doesn’t know.

Anyways, animation canceling in Conan is dead now. We need to move on.

giphy

1 Like

I mean, move on or not play ofc, for me this is a huge mistake from FC, wich and actually one of the worst ones aswell. So if they decide to not do anything about it im pretty sure they lose a bunch of PVP players atleast. And tbh this poll isnt helping them to see what ppl think since it’s combinating both unwield and off hand cancelling wich is totally different.

Yes but they also announced a new patch it is irrelevant for the combat sydtem, sorry bro

It can all change within a month,

Remember that this pole is not for us wish new content away but just bring back somthing that was very liked clearly but 1/2 of the community

He’s not wrong. I roleplay, and most of the roleplayers I’ve spoken with hate the changes to the combat, canceling included. As you might imagine, scripting and extreme weapon-switching in combat is seemingly nonexistent on a roleplay server. So from the get-go, nobody felt like there was anything to correct.

There are also the people who didn’t PvP at all on said server and some have voiced being happy about it. Basically, if you didn’t use it or didn’t know how to use it, you don’t mind or you’re glad it’s gone. If you did use it, you’re annoyed it’s gone. Surprisingly, we had a large number of people who knew how to use it.

But actually, the overwhelming majority of people who care are actually people that wanted canceling back. The rest are mostly apathetic. And this is an RP server. So, I hope that dispels the myth that roleplayers hate and ruin combat/PvP?

2 Likes

Here is a shameless plug.

I want to discuss the heart of the problem with the loss of the unwield and wield mechanic. Cast your vote and post your opinions. The damage is done, so the best thing we can do now is either guide Funcom before it ruins more stuff, or convince them of why they have ruined something by pointing out the good it brought to the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.