Possible idea for new thralls

So I know conan has been out for a bit but I was thinking what if it was possible to “craft” a horse back archer/fighter thrall? I play primarily on RP servers and was just thinking about this due to my current Mongolian style RP. Any thoughts or criticism welcome

2 Likes

You basically mean a thrall on horse? Acting and fighting like a player?

Essentially yeah. I think it would be nice to have some form of a mounted cavalry unit that you could somehow craft out of two existing thralls ie a horse and t4 fighter

1 Like

I think it is a good idea, wouldnt be crafted though. With the recent horse changes I believe it would be possible to have thralls mount horses but would probably be a lot of work to develop a thrall AI that would be able to perform mounted combat. I feel it would be unlikely FunCom would devote the resources.

2 Likes

To be fair I jist recently say over the past 4 to 6 months got into the game but so far I’m really enjoying what I’m seeing and where as that is true that funcom may not devote the resources possible push from the community has a chance to get alot done…hopefully also be mindful I’m coming at this from a roleplay stand point lol so it’s a little selfish of a desire to say the least lol

1 Like

Would be so cool.
I totally would recreate the ancient Hungarian archer calvarly!

1 Like

This is a cool idea. Thralls are sort of OP right now, even after the recent patch. I play PvE, so I like OP thralls, but still, the way it would get implemented could get sticky.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, but you know what could be even better? A building parts crafting thrall that you can put on a bench, load up with materials and put him to craft those 400 T3 walls I need😂

3 Likes

You don’t want your inventory loaded up with all the Dlcs materials. Like the idea of a crafting bench for building walls and such to open up personal inventory space even with out a thrall.

1 Like

Nice idea for pve. Pvp players would have a fit. Moded server probably only way it could happen.

I can only imagine the outcry of players asking for this to be removed/nerfed if it’s ever implemented. Plenty of people think horses are OP. Plenty of people think thralls are OP. If you put an OP thrall on an OP horse, Crom have mercy on us all.

5 Likes

Jhebbal Sag wishes for the strong to thrive and the weak to fall by the wayside :grin:

1 Like

Would be cool to see some mounted combat. Would like a macro or an option added to have your thrall switch from guard to follow via the menu in case they get stuck in the environment. So they can follow you and port out and not lose a horse and a T4 thrall in case they fall through the ground.

Y’all living in a cave. Age of Calamitous has a “construction platform” for buildings (4 tiers provided by Mod) - shitload of other stuff - to me Conan is absolutely unplayable without AoC and EEWA

Yep. It’s that “shitload of other stuff” that keeps many players, myself included, away from AoC. for all its merits, it’s taking things too far away from the original vision of the game and the Hyborian Age.

I’d just like to have more decorative thralls. But mounted fighter/archer thralls would be totally cool, too.

1 Like