PS4 (18.03.2019): Optimizations, Balancing, Purges, and much much more

Hi I’d like to make a correction on something. You wrote that the steelfire requirements necessary to manufacture dragonpowder were “halved”. It is actually only 25% reduced from the original 100 pieces down to 75 pieces. Thx :slightly_smiling_face:

First of all I’d like to say, I got a Purge! It was glorious. Been waiting some months for one and finally got one last night and I was not disappointed. Thank you!

On another note a neighbor of mine who built very close to one of my bases got a purge as well. Since he was offline we defended his base for him. That’s what neighbors do right. During his purge the people spawning in actually attacked my base as well. Which was interesting because during their shambled attempt to purge the wrong building they broke a sandstone fence which was a big mistake on their part because it was all that kept my sand reaper queen “Ness” from tearing them apart. Fun to watch for sure. But is that something that is intended? Someone else purge attacking your stuff because of proximity? It really doesn’t bother me except for the fact that if I hadn’t been at that base I wouldn’t have known it was getting attacked. If it’s intended I think there should be a purge proximity alert. Such as Acme clan is getting purged near you. It could be set to a foundation distance to your base or something similar.

Hey @Wak4863

It’s not intended but it seems that in this situation it could be perfectly possible that due to the proximity of the bases, and players involved, the purge just got liberal with their targeting.

1 Like

I forgot to mention and don’t know if it’s been brought up yet. The purge attack timer resets if you use the map. I used the map to teleport to our jungle base around the 7 minute make and when I spawned at the obelisk it started back at 10 minutes. My clan mate who didn’t fast travel, his timer was still accurate. I do have video but I doubt you need it. :wink:

About these new mini boss monsters, I do not like them. They are no fun. The regular upgrades of people were difficult enough, but the occasional monster wolf/sabretooth/snake? Nope.

Went to a neighbor’s purge, and a monster sabretooth showed up. He wasn’t part of the purge. He was just wandering around, came by to say “Hi”, kill us, and then stay around to kill the 8000 pt thralls.

Star metal hunting just got interesting. Let the pucker begin.

@Wak4863 was not the only one on our server to experience this. Immediately after his purge, another player in another clan we play with got his purge notice. When he spawned at the obelisk, his timer was reset as well.

Since it had just happened, we were prepared and used an old fashioned clock for the countdown.

1 Like

They wouldn’t be as much of a problem if they didn’t nerf most good builds which is why im never going public about the one me and my friend found out but im sure the weapons are going to get weaker status effects are going to be worthless and armor wont be enough for anything

So got some play time…and enjoyed the changes. But the giant snakes (lets call them rainbow hence forth) in the jungle have made me rethink my favorite biome. Not because they are particularly hard to combat, but because the animation is to spot on for those slimy, creepy things.

ran the unnamed City. Man corruption galore. But it took a small group of three, 3 thralls to slay things in a timely manner. Loved it. This is what i call a game. Felt like Diablo light running and laughing for the first time in months on this game.

As an admin, we are testing some fun stuff out with all the new big baddies. Like spawning a snake pit in the brimstone lakes of desert and jungle rainbows. Possibly building dungwons filed with these loot monsters.

Other than the noted bugs with clans not showing up on buildings, and the player list not allowing for any scrolling or interaction, i think Funcom found its groove on this one. I would take more NPC/Beast tweaking in other areas (Tree House Thralls in the jungle and Western Savanna hunter thralls???) over the load in dungeons. Something about not feeling relaxed running around brought out the best features of Conan Exiles.

Loving the update so far. My game seems to be running smoother running on G-Portal server. The only thing that bothers me is now when I open text fields instead of defaulting to empty, it now defaults to the last text I entered. It’s a bit annoying having to erase before typing every time.

Update:

• Wheel of pain “play” button is ok.

Sorry for misleads.

@Jens_Erik
Started New Character after playing with some of new bosses.

• LOVE new nameless city, much better for later content. (I can’t wait for new dungeons/caves)
    -Love item drops, Picked up some armor and weapons, stone skinning knife. Its Making Journal Entries work abit better order.

Part two of some notes.

-Bark… its not lv57 item (improved carpenter bench) and it takes 9-10 tree to get one to drop via pickaxe. And you need alot of it… recipe doesn’t seem to be part of normal bench, or via thrall.

• Not world ending, But can’t place thralls on wheel of pain in mass.
    Example, spawn several via admin, or have a few. Placing one equips it, and you have to Manuel click and move them now, instead of just clicking r1 to move them.

• Several of building items wont place for “very long” time. Before, you would try and place item, and game thinks your standing there, or you just built said piece. You often had switch building parts, and swap back to get game to let you.
    Now, you can swap, or wait several mins and game wont let you set a building piece. IT WILL eventually, but the game is really picky sometimes now.

• Quick Slot no longer empties.
    Before, Placing Carpet, would empty quick slot. Or, Placing last wall place would keep it in quick slot.
    Now, All items remain in quick slot, even if you can not make them. (carpet must be made on artisan table) and it bring up message not enough resources. (not world ending…just drags out placing stuff about my home)

• Elites “non-bosses” are …well Bosses. Most of them have god awful health. I was expecting more damage and x2 or 2.5 health. Not x 20 health. (it feels way to much) I’m fine with the heavy hits, but health sponges… not so much.
    And them Snakes…blasted ninjas!
    (croc elite wasnt to bad)

Edit-

1 Like

Same exact senario happened to me (before the update), which lead me to write some suggestions, restricting hyper armor to active frames being one of them. Update drops: enemies get stat buffs and improved AI, which is good, but they also added more hyper armor BS :angry:

2 Likes

If they dont make it more reasonable and actually test all of the things they wanna add alot of ppl are gonna fall out and stop playing the game enemies get buffed we keep getting nerfed id like to play with more builds but just as i start liking a weapon it gets nerfed and i have to change my entire build which is a pain i like playing and experimenting with my builds but cant on this game

Private gportal server. Getting our butts purged off purge frequency too fast any help. Slider different post update. Ps4 thanks in advance

i run a server as well. Purge has a couple of settings in the back end. How much a clan has to do is a major one if you leave the other settings alone–activity or something like that. set it to 10,000 to slow the progression bar down. Tweak up or down from there to get the balance you are looking for. Also, turn on # players online to 1 so there can’t be offline purging, unless you want that.

1 Like

Thank you very much. After update it was at 50 I bumped it to 500 people still messaged me to fast. Will fix tonight.

Big fan of the update guys! However last night we got a purge and all the purge thralls spawned inside our base! Inside our wheel of pain to be exact! It was hilarious and fun for my whole tribe defending the purge however we are quite worried that after hundreds of game hours, we very well could have been wiped out because our pets and thralls did not defend! Our pets and thralls only started fighting back after we directly attacked incoming npcs! They would not even defend themselves being directly attacked by the purge thralls! Any reason for any of this? Was this intended to play like this?

Inside the base could be a location thing. May not of seen the base as accessible from anywhere else.

The non aggro thralls pets is worrisome. Whole point of thralls is to defend purges, and on PVP some resistance to offline raiding.

First Observations on the 1.34 PS4 Patch:

Post patch 1.34, I have played through a few hours with my level 60 character on Official Server #3731 PvE and I am overall happy with the obvious improvements to game play, the fact that my Wheels of Pain keep grinding thralls while I’m logged out, etc. However, I will share a few observations or opinions that may be similar to other PS4 players:

1. MAP - when I open my game map, ALL my individually placed & labeled map markers are now MISSING. If I try to plant a new label, I still get the notice that I have reached the maximum number of player labels (which I did before)… but if I can’t see the old ones I can’t delete & replace, now can I?

2. INVENTORY - I see that the inventory now stacks precisely by Heaviest item over all, but I’ve actually found that to be more annoying than the old system I have played with for the past 7-8 months. Specifically, I don’t find it all useful that all stacks of items will be scattered all over my inventory grid, rather than consecutively listed; i.e. 100 ore… then later a stack of 78… then further down 2, etc. Much preferred keeping all items of a single type contiguous. And sure, I could use sort by Name, but that puts all the stuff in an order I find less than convenient also for most of my purposes.
    Also still noticing that same items will split into 2 different stacks for no apparent reason, so I’ve got to swap them to another location & back again to make one stack.

3. NPC UPGRADES: I believe I was accepting of the idea that higher level NPCs would be toughened up but, by Crom!!..this has been turned into an epic kicking of my butt. I lost my Werk of the Lost Tribe blacksmith, who seems to be one of the few who can make/repair Exceptional/Flawless Cimmerian heavy armor in a brain fart moment spending a couple hours too long away from my original main base. I’ve gone back to Mounds of the Dead a couple times & died at least twice from the much heavier NPC attacks. It’s easy to get caught with low health & then they tag you with a damn cripple effect & you cannot run away in time to heal… I suppose I will adapt - anyone else notice how much tougher that is?
    I did note that my uber warrior hottie Dalinsia Snowhunter dressed in Exceptional Vanir heavy & toting a truncheon did conveniently knock out or kill all the enemies that killed me by the time I got back.

4. NPC weapon switching: I often go thrall fetching with a fighter thrall armed with a truncheon & a greatsword however, she seems to (still) have no logical pattern of attacking NPC humans or beasts with either weapon (or even unarmed). Thralls & Pets are definitely more aggressive in defending me post-patch but it seems I have to forcibly remove the greatsword so she won’t kill that rare named thrall I have just about knocked out…

Great community, I am enjoying the feedback, tips & comments on similar situations.

Dalinsia is a real skull cracker just stand back and watch. @Catspaw boss white tiger kicking my butt have not killed it yet wearing legion armor 2 3 swipes and I am ddead I

1 Like