PS4 Airplane Engine has Returned!

Game mode: *[ Select one: (Online official
Type of issue: *[ Select one: Bug

Server type: *[ Select one: PvE-Conflict
Region: Australia
Hardware: PS4 Pro with SSD hard drive

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

So my wife came out to the lounge room this morning to ask me if my PS4 was planning to take off anytime soon…

The loud whirring fan is back. There was a time when the fan was not spinning at all, what a glorious time that was. Now the fan is louder than the music! This definitely happened after the last patch.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log into game
  2. Stare at something like your base or a storage box
  3. Prepare for take off
  4. Remain seated until the light turns off
  5. Thank you for flying with Conan Air

Lol

2 Likes

Hi,

The fans operate loudly because the APU (processor) is overheating.

Your Playstation probably needs to be cleaned internally. Also it most likely requires the thermal paste to be replaced.

Consoles need to be maintained regularly. The cooling systems are quite bad, and the thermal paste used in manufacturing them is cheap, and usually applied ineffectively.

In the meanwhile you may want to turn off boost mode in; PS MENU> SETTINGS> SYSTEM.

Good Luck!

If only CE is doing it, then I’d lean more towards issue of CE running in odd manner.

Few games I play that do this, and patch later they fix it. (most of time) CoD MW… I doubt they’ll ever tone down amount of loading going on at main screen during matches. XD

2 Likes

I would have to agree with my third poster here mate.

The PS4 was NOT doing it prior to the last update. Funcom posted a patch note somewhere I remember in the past, where they said they patched the way the PS4 was using memory to process the game’s assets. When they did this, the PS4 console stopped fan-takeoffs and it was blissful silence.

Now it’s extremely loud. Just like out of nowhere.

No other game does this for me. It has to be Conan, not cleaning as the problem here.

I also use an air cleaner on my machine vents regularly, and I do this maintenance all the time.

I think it is not the machine. I would like Funcom to look into the way the game makes use of memory again, to see if some cross wiring happened in the last update.

Thanks

1 Like

I do not have any games that make my PS4 as loud as this. It certainly has nothing to do with my console. :confused:

A week ago I opened my PS4 and vacuumed it thoroughly. It was really dusty inside. Loud noises disappeared. Where my PS4 was about to take off before, now it only does a reasonably loud hum (not lauder than in any other game).

2 Likes

Well you stated that the fan noise had “returned”. So it’s not really “out of nowhere”.

Some games are very resource intensive. CE certainly falls into that category. I agree FC should definitely continue to make improvements in that regard.

However, if your fan is making a loud noise, it is a warning sign that your console needs proper maintenance.

Using compressed air on the external vents can actually dislodge clumps of dust, and push them inside the console. Which can also contribute to the exaggerated fan noise.

Also @3LiON, vacuuming internally (especially with a brush fitting), can cause static build up, which can damage components inside your console. You will be much safer using an anti static brush. But I’m glad your console improved. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.s. I’ve been told that facing the camera towards the ground can significantly improve fan noise (temporarily).

Good Luck!

I meant “out of nowhere” as in suddenly, like a sudden change into something new, from nothing.

Had this few times.

Most of time, you can tell Fans kicking in, (hour or 2 of play etc)

Had few moments Ps4 just running normal, then RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
And you put your hand on it, and its hot as a oven. XD

RDO/FO76/COD-MW run Fan on high, CE likes turn it to 11…if not 20.

Just log outta game, Cause after about 4 hours, Was standing in my house waiting for egg to decay, and RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Ok…time for bed before ps4 starts a house fire.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you all for your feedback. We’ll forward your report to our team for further investigation.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues on our Lands.

2 Likes

That’s what I did. Most of the modern vacuums has antistatic nozzles and hoses. However there is still a chance that static effect will appear because of dust particles that move inside the console while you are vacuuming it, there is always a risk. They recommend to use Compressed Air Dusters instead (but you still need to open the console and remove the AC adapter to properly clean it)

Hi Mayra, can I add one extra thing I noticed while playing this morning?

So while heading to New Khemi Docks I noticed that the console fan spun up significantly as I was looking directly toward the Docks.

I was swimming in the water, heading south toward the Docks. I was approximately 500m to 1km away from the Docks. When directing my swim, I had the camera pointed at the Docks, and this is when the fan spun wildly. I looked down at the water beneath me and the fan slowed down, I looked back up to the Docks and the fan spun wildly.

Something is definitely going on here.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hey,

Sure thing, it would be awesome if you could share the location pointing on the in-game map. Then our team could try to reproduce it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Ok I’ll try tomorrow morning to get a screen shot for you!

1 Like

I would like to add to this. I have a base in the place where the blue dot is (see the screenshot). It is on the top of the plateau. If I look at the direction where red arrow points, I experience a severe frame rate drop. This probably caused by the same issue that @Mbeat experiences. If I look at any other direction, everything’s fine.

I play on PS4 CUH-1208A if that matters

1 Like

Hi Mayra

I have collected some screen shots for you…

So this is the main culprit. As I face New Khemi Docks the fan spins heavily…

Here is the map reference…

Sometimes around my base the fan will spin for random things that make no sense.

This morning I was looking at a parchment on my bed and the fan was out of control…

Processing: DF33A5DA-37BA-4671-BA6F-7C61B3A98B5B.MOV…

Ok hope that helps!!

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.