PS4 Halloween Update (31.10.2018)

Game is entirely unplayable due to lag, and I’m playing a solo/lan game. Playing on standard PS4. Please test these updates and events on all platforms before going live. While it’s impossible to test every PC configuration, it’s very simple to test out the consoles. If a standard console (PS4 or XBOX) cannot handle the event, you haven’t worked out all the bugs.

3 Likes

Do you realize this is the PS4 event thread?

1 Like

No, my mistake, thanks.

Just to let you know that I experience the door bug as well on pvp on ps4. Thought it was me being a ghost in the beginning. Now I’m a bit nervous as my base is wide open. :smiley:

1 Like

So to start off, I do love the game. I’m still getting stuck in rhinos, but I love the game. This starts with bugs from this patch and continued with general bugs. Thanks for the hard work.

1. RIP my greater hyena. The barrier between the Savannah with cheetahs and the highlands with the wolves. Walking around with a pet was always glitchy, they would often disappear, but when I left the barrier rock they would come back. With this patch I returned to my supply house and elevator to get down, but after a moment I got the message that the greater hyena wasn’t following anymore, haven’t seen it since. RIP GREATER HYENA !!!* Recommendation: make pets and followers immune to falling damage.
  2. Mega lag from Halloween patch, probably the meteors or whatever. recommendation: undo this patch immediately. Do it next year after thuroughness testing. It was an awesome idea, Xbox tech couldn’t keep up.
  3. Getting stuck in rhinos. Been feeling like Ace Ventura, climbing out of rhino rear after being stuck for too long.
  4. Blunt javelins not having concussive effect. They just do regular damage. I hear arrows might have the same issue.
  5. Tent placement impossibly hard. I heard you nerfed it to stop people from fighting bosses. Please fix the fix.
  6. Stacking throwing items in small groups. Otherwise they are useless. (I only play pve, they may be better in pvp idk).
1 Like

Really? The only way to fix the meteor shower problem, is to use a console command? So PS4 users are screwed then, since we have no access to console commands, I just tried my wireless USB keyboard (which I forgot I even had), and not a single key would register, and yes, I made sure there were batteries that worked in it. Another way I can confirm that we PS4 users have no access to the console or even chat, is that I can use this keyboard to chat in Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4.

I can only speak for the Halloween meteor problem, they are very much visible and do not stop. Extreme lag/frame drop. So much so that navigating pause menu or map is a chore.I played shortly after update (PS4 SP) and all was fine mined meteors and had no issues. Came back a few hours later and lagging so badly I can barely select to quit to menu. For what it’s worth do enjoy the event idea. Hope this gets fixed.

been waiting like 12 hrs for them too fix it , not happening anytime soon i think

Ps4 start game early AM. Sitting on bed clothes /armor gone. Wife and mine. What is going on someone walking thru our door room full of thralls. Lots of explosions no memoirs. I think perhaps shutting down Halloween good idea

I’m guessing you have Reinforced Wooden Doors? Due to the patch, they’ve been broken, they can’t be interacted with and anyone and anything can just walk through them.

Yes we do busted down a wall to get out then read about walking thru

Could someone who does get the meteorspam in SinglePlayer try something for us?

Can you connect a keyboard and hit “insert” then type GetServerSetting HalloweenMeteorSpawnTimer and let us know what you get back?

Thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Single player offline mode
Can try it in co-op if need be
Insert doesn’t do anything,
Tried typing it anyways just in case but still nothing

If you hit insert it should open up the console command line at the bottom of your screen
That didn’t happen for you?

1 Like

Nothing shows up

Do you need to be admin in single player for it to come up?

Game froze completely on menu screen had to close and re start

Can confirm, pressing Insert does nothing, with and without admin rights.

Tried with admin as well and had the same outcome

Is there anything else you wish us to test?