PC Halloween Hotfix (1.11.2018)

Hey everyone,

Today, we’re rolling out a hotfix to take care of the most reported issues with the Halloween update released yesterday. We want to thank our community for reporting these issues to us and for staying patient and positive as we fixed them.

In this hotfix we’re tweaking the game so it will be easier for players to see in the eternal twilight, while also balancing the loot drops from the Halloween meteors. The T2 doors are also getting fixed.

If it’s still too dark for you you can also tweak the following server settings (in game or in an .ini file) to the following values. This will make it less dark:

• DayCycleSpeedScale=9.000000
  • DayTimeSpeedScale=0.10000
  • NightTimeSpeedScale=10.000000
  • DawnDuskSpeedScale=5.000000

If you do not wish to participate in the Halloween event, there will be a build available on our Testlive branch without the Halloween content, but otherwise identical to the current live version.

If you switch branches and play single-player, you might want to take a backup copy of your game.db file to avoid potentially losing your save data.

Server admins might also want to back up their server’s game.db file for people to be able to continue with their characters on your server, just in case.

How to find and copy your game.db
  • Open Steam and go to your library
  • Right click on Conan Exiles and choose Properties
  • Find and select the tab marked “Local Files” and click the “Browse Local Files” button. A Windows Explorer folder should now pop up
  • Go to ConanSandbox --> Saved to find your game.db file
  • Make a copy of it in an easily accessible place on your computer
  • Once you’ve patched to the Testlive branch, simply drop the game.db file you copied before into the Saved folder, replacing what’s already there, and you can continue playing as you normally would

Changelog

• Fixed T2 doors so you cannot walk through them
  • Removed Star Metal Picks, Dragonpowder and Skeleton Keys from meteors for balancing purposes
  • Meteor fragments that have been harvested or disappeared won’t leave a particle trail behind
  • Changed speed of day on official servers so it will not get as dark during the Halloween event
  • Added auto exposure to compensate for the darkness and make things a bit brighter

An equivalent patch is also being made for consoles, but we’re looking into fixing the spammy meteors first.

8 Likes

NICE! Thanks very much for fix :slight_smile: :heart:

this is why this game turning to be bad. Cus of Kids that dont have nothin to do but complain. Thats why we dont get nothin cuz of players complainin on every good new stuffs.
@Jens_Erik what about a list of those “uber” loots?

1 Like

just and FYI, on official 1504, standing torches and protected torches still provide zero light.

I should also add that spawns of the meteors are still broken, meaning if you are not in the impact zone when they hit you still cannot harvest the nodes. I was near the mound when they came down and ran into the first ones. i was able to harvest the first 3 but as i went along and further away from where i was the next nodes were only showing the purple sparkle effects and no meteors. when i try to walk through the sparkles i bounce off something, but still cannot harvest anything.

1 Like

Thanks PVP.

3 Likes

Cheers, nice one.

I would have preferred the uber loot was simply made rarer, rather than being removed completely. Yet this is still better than how it was. I’m still ages away from even making star metal stuff in my current game, and suddenly I have a few dozen star metal picks falling out of the sky lol.

2 Likes

they just hould have take off the “UBER” stuffs out of PVP not on PVE. and what the hell UBER is about a star metal pick and a skeleton key???

1 Like

I got 50 Starmetal Picks, 25 Sekelton Key and tons of highend mats from a few nodes. They spawn very often next to my base. Even with farmrate 10x you wont get that stuff so fast.

1 Like

It’s balancing :slight_smile: As Kharnarius pointed out, they were able to get 50 Star Metal Picks and 25 Skeleton Keys, which in turn allows them to collect a ton more resources in a very short amount of time from regular resource nodes.

Once they hit lvl 60 they can also raid a bunch of Legendary Chests and collect Legendary Weapons without taking down a World Boss first.

3 Likes

Hi, do you know if it was fixed so the meteors dont fall in the exact same places every single time?

Because that makes it far too predictable and exploitable.

2 Likes

That hasn’t changed. The meteors fall in clusters from specific spawn points.

1 Like

“Great idea” to remove the skeleton keys and the rest, when half of the players have already stocked a huge amount and will be in a huge separation from the others. THANKS. Do not pause. :rofl:

3 Likes

Hm ok. Not ideal. Guess I’ll keep the timer a bit longer than 20 minutes on our server, even with picks and keys removed lol

Thanks for reply and fixing the worst offenders in the loot table, though. On our server one of the spawns is IN a clan base, so…just not good that they always fall in the same place.

2 Likes

srsly jen sorry but i cant accept this answer. Its like tellin us “i dont know how to play this game”.

its soo easy to kill and far WB even with a lv10 character. soo telling us Balancin the things is just serchin an excuse.

and starmetal pick the hell how can that harm?

2 Likes

Credit where it’s due. I still think the whole thing is a horrible idea, but at least Funcom have listened - to both the fans of the event and the haters like me - and made changes in response. Fair enough.

I get the halloween thing and candy falling from the skies and all, but in the end it’s a survival game, and free stuff doesn’t “fit”.

Luckily our server is mostly RP and not so PvP heavy, so some extra loot doesnt fully break anything.

3 Likes

okey so u thing its ok if there is droping from 10 meteors 35 Skeleton Keys and 25 Star Metal Picks right ? Your answer is actually reason why players in this game trying to cheat, abuse bugs and glitchs cuz u cant play without free loot or most OP loot in game. Too lazy kill boss for skeleton key ? Too lazy farm star metal for Star Metal Pick or what ? This is free staff in survival game, if u are not able to play fair like 30% players in this game, u are not able to play this game never cuz i think its not fair to another players playing on some server 8 months, farming nonstop and player what is playing 2 days have everything cause OP loot from meteors. I TELL U MY LOOT DROPED FROM 10 METEORS OK ? 38 Dragon Powder, 35 Skeleton Keys, 25 Star Metal Pick, 22 Legendary Weapon Repair Kits, 42 Rocknose eggs ( Players buying for Gold coins from merchant, totaly unfair), 120 Demon Blood and lot of another staff. Its maybe more like 10 meteors but u know what i mean :slight_smile: (not more like 15 meteors)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot.
A serious downsizing of the chance for Keys would have been okay too, but that works too.

Fast reaction too. Really great.
Thanks

1 Like

I really appreciate that funcom is doing a cool event like this btw Jens. It’s very awesome apart from the hiccups. I’m digging the atmosphere and novelty of it.

6 Likes

Thanks Robarbarian, that means a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes