Xbox Halloween Hotfix (02.11.2018)

Hey everyone,

We’re rolling out a hotfix to take care of the most reported issues with the Halloween update released yesterday. We want to thank our community for reporting these issues to us and for staying patient and positive as we fixed them.

In this hotfix we’re tweaking the game so it will be easier for players to see in the eternal twilight, while also balancing the loot drops from the Halloween meteors. The T2 doors are also getting fixed.

If it’s still too dark for you you can also tweak the following server settings to the following values. This should make it less dark:

• DayCycleSpeedScale=9.000000
  • DayTimeSpeedScale=0.10000
  • NightTimeSpeedScale=10.000000
  • DawnDuskSpeedScale=5.000000

Changelog

• Fixed T2 doors so you cannot walk through them
  • Removed Star Metal Picks, Dragonpowder and Skeleton Keys from meteors for balancing purposes
  • Meteor fragments that have been harvested or disappeared won’t leave a particle trail behind
  • Changed speed of day on official servers so it will not get as dark during the Halloween event
  • Added auto exposure to compensate for the darkness and make things a bit brighter
  • Made the minimum spawn and decay time for meteors be 60 seconds.
  • Made it so meteor spawning could not be triggered if it is already spawning meteors.
1 Like

WTF is wrong with you!!! Stop pandering to whiners, most people were enjoying your event! The only people complaining are those who dont want noobs being able to compete! Your named thrall spawn rate is ridiculous, again only ■■■■■■■■ new players or players moving servers! The keys for the event are one of maybe 3 reasons worth chasing these meteors! We literally have no reason now! You did great and then took it away to pander to a few baby back whiners!! Everytime you nurf something more people quit! Orbs, especially grease are worthless, cant stack them? Really? Worthless now, i havent seen a named smelter in months, if it wasnt for the static spawn i wouldnt have seen a named alchemist in months, ive seen 1 tanner, no blacksmiths, zero priest except for the newest, and all it does is screw new players, and discourages them from playing, bc i as an alpha already have all those things, as someone whose played for the last 6 months im set, and new guys cant compete, ever!! Stop ruining your game with nerfs that only benefit the richest 1%, and instead actually fix the purge, fix the lag, fix the dashboarding! The stuff worth geinding is non exsistant anymore!! Please fix these issues, undo some of your nerfs and let us play!!!

3 Likes

:frowning:

I really thank you so much. I think this addressed all the issues I came to complain about. Keep up the good work.

Are you stupid? The game was literally unplayable in single player because of a meteor spawn bug. How selfish do you need to be to whine about them making the game playable after 3 days. You absolute ■■■

Thanks for the hotfix.

Regardless of problems, the meteor shower was a really nice gesture. Some of the loot is pretty awesome.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

He wasn’t complaining about fixing the constant meteor shower he was moaning about the removal of the 3 items from the meteor random item pool

I dont play single player, if there was a glitch that was making it unplayable, obviously they need to fix it. Bearded ■■■■■■, I am as an official player am tired of them making the game worse or more of a grind. The feeding system not so bad, but another grind, making silent legion more of a grind while making dlc’s better than silent legion making the game pay to play, nerfing everything in sight for “balancing”, bery pulp, haunch, orbs, vaults, catapults, the list goes on and on. Sorry if I put you in your safe space, bc everytime they nerf something or they dont fix a glitch thats been there since the beginning causes them to lose more and more player base. But my post really didnt pertain to you!

it mest up my beas tamer dlc. Tryed to reinstal but says it is instaled no pich related things are showin up sine i did the hotfix

Thanks for they Hot Fix. Seems to be fixe. It is a shame that we lost those three items from the loot table. They were nice to have and made it a bit useful to get those meteors. I do have one issue though I am getting game crash every once in a while after playing 2 hours or so. And the darkness is getting to be a problem going to new areas, and gets to be hard on the eyes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.