PS4 Hotfix (27.03.2019) - UI bugs and XP fixes

Since the patch, the game is in a much better state and Funcom has been incredibly involved of late - for each, they should be applauded.

That said, there are some questionable mechanic changes that have some upset - the ‘no owner’ on all buildings and, the event log does not detail exactly who stole / destroyed anything of yours.

1 Like

Actually, i have seen dead servers getting more and more players this week. Servers where the Alpha policed the server to death. Now, people feel like logging in, playing a few hours and raiding. Then they can log off, and have a normal life.

The scenario of the old way and what you speak of welcoming to the server, is basically saying that the Official PVP–and i stress PVP-- servers are now PVE/RP. Alpha controls content and style of who gets to do what, when, where and why. Anarchy is not what i strive for. I strive for no Police State on the server. No one will ever tell me how to play the game on official PVP. Never have, never will. Griefers don;t need names to grief. they can and will do it no matter. People offline raided on purpose with ID’s. so the whole can’t be on 24/7, that will never be truly fixed. IF anything, now at least the offline is more random. If anything, it is hard to tell if the no owner is online or not when you hit a bldg.

So if your friend raisds you, then were they really friends, or just afraid the mat rich clan would wipe them if they tried to have a little PVP fun?
If you are a true Alhpa, you will adapt, survive, build dominate. If you are a PVE Mobb Alpha, then you will be stressed until broken. By word of Crom!!!

1 Like

So Im new to the game and forums in general but will there be a fix on ps4 pro performance? I very much enjoy the game but can no longer play do to loading issues and lag issues when i try and play with friends.

2 Likes

ps4 pro has been a thorn in Funcom’s side since the beginning. I don’t have one, so i can’t tell if the new optimization patch helped any. I do know that i switched to an external SSD due to needing more space in general, and it helped my “normal” PS4 out.

For PC, that would be thanks to the multiple free weekends they have have of late. For consoles, the bounty of the patch would certainly be legit motivation to fire up the game - not this non-published griefing ‘feature’.

That is just false - you want to get your PVP on, bring it - we are ready and willing. Just dont programmatically allow for cowardice play - that they can strike with total anonymity while all are offline.

Nor do we ‘tell’ anyone how to play. However, if someone comes to us with a legit beef, we settle it. Yes, that is mafia style justice and the server is happy to have it.

Conan is not Apex Legends - something you play for a few hours and cannot lose anything of value. In Conan, hundreds, if not thousands, of hours go into designing, gathering, and building - to have that all destroyed by some punk griefers, who get a chubby offline raiding, with no way of knowing who is responsible and who must pay, is unconscionable to me (and I hope most).

4 Likes

Safe patch then? I wont be surprised at r2 and l2 breaking? rhinos still fly?

They are full of helium.

1 Like

rubs hand together
“good…good!”

How is a simple hotfix almost 1GB in size? Especially when said fixes aren’t exactly anything really big.

Its how patches work sometimes.
You don’t send over small edit, you send whole thing as replacement sometimes.

They may also be added some stuff that’ll be used later.

No im being serious. I like and support the idea of not having names show up on the event log. Its way more realistic . I’m a fan of revenge too but having names show up is a little too informative. To say “another player” is plenty for me to know to check my stuff and find out who it is… so I can send them to the desert.

Because Crom hates us

It makes no difference if they fix the no owner bug in PvP. They have stated you never know who has raided you. See image attached.

I also agree with you. This is not a good change and it has made griefers worse!

1 Like

Hey there,

Just for the sake of clarification. The “No owner” issue is not an intended change and our team is looking into it.
Also, we have this poll going on about the changes to the event log.

Please continue your discussion about it there and keep this thread for discussions about the latest hotfix.

Paper Cups

Conan is not high school - something you did for a few hours and can learn all you need to. In High School, hundreds, if not thousands, of hours go into learning, stressing, and building friendships - to have more stress added by some punk bulies, who get a chubby mob bullying (feeling stronger because in a group) , with no way to avoid them because they go to your school and know your schedule, is unconscionable to me (and I hope most).

Excellent news, Ignasis, thank you and will move to that thread.

1 Like

Apples, meet Oranges… Oranges, Apples…

I prefer Pears, meet Nectarines… Nectarines, Pears…

Cant lock on since the last update im losing interest in playing since there seems to be zero testing before update release i use lock on to dodge and kill enemies before they hit me once id like to play and go farm the volcano but wont make it far with my current build you seriously need to test update files multiple times before releasing them