PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: Lag
Region: North America

[Free text]

After the last update, major lag started to happen in the North part of the map, making it almost impossible to fight, hunt, build, or anything without suffering 10 frames a second, even on a PS4-Pro.
This issue never happened before this update.

P.S. I find it funny how the North Lags more than the Jungle now… (Jungle never lags)

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Start up Conan Exiles
  2. Enter either MP or Sp
  3. Head North.
  4. Suffer
1 Like

Hey @HexingCutioner

Mind if I merge your thread into the Performance issues thread?
Could you provide a video of those issues in action?
Thanks for your feedback and welcome to our community.

Game mode: Online
Problem: Performance
Region: all

the game, on almost all servers, is jerky.

edit:how do i insert the video?

ps4 pro
connection 94mb 10mb ping 7
server a little everywhere

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a video. However, all you have to do is imagine having a light bulb, glowing perfectly fine, then then next morning, the light bulb is flickering (lagging) continually without any cause, reason, or rhyme. And it’s so flickery that the bulb blows up (crashes)

1 Like

Next you’ll be asked for a video of the issues which occurs on every PS4Pro…

So since the last update, around a week ago, I haven’t been able to get on the game. As in the server list isnt showing any servers available. Favourites doesnt work. And I cant join on a friend or accept a game invite, it just errors out saying the session is unavailable. I’ve sat and left it on the server screen for a half hour one day and nothing came up. 0/1000+ servers available. The only saving grace is that I have clan members checking on my thrall and making sure my base doesnt decay

I’m not sure if it’s been suggested or not. I can’t read every single post here. Would be nice if all of these weren’t merged. But anyway.

Wouldn’t be easier to just add an option for us to lower graphic quality? I feel that would help with lag and freezes and crashes.

I don’t mind having lower graphics in order to not have any performance issues.

2 Likes

There is already plenty of videos and written descriptions right here on your forums. Please for the love of god stop procrastinating and find your own problems. What have you guys done with the dozens of videos and hundreds of filed problems and bug reports here?? Ps4 problems have gone nowhere except possibly bloody worse for over a year!!! Ridiculous!! And here you are still asking for the same things that have not helped you at all to fix this since release. Ridiculous!!!

Ignasis, I feel it needs to be stated that possibly removing the Online part of the game is at this point, necessary. As it is clearly the source of all of the problems with this game, much like with most games where online compatibility causes most Lag, Connection Issues, Crashes, and many other things. I’m not saying get rid of CO-OP, but what I am saying is get rid of the official servers, as they cause the most problems. It’s not like you’ll lose income for getting ride of Official servers, you’re already getting a lot of money from people who have bought Servers, and DLC’s…

If you look at any open-world game throughout history, it’s downfall has always been multiplayer related… Look at WoW, COD, Destiny, Fallout 76, and many other games. The root of all of their issues mostly arise from terrible internet connections due to slow server speeds.

Now, don’t get me wrong, again. Server speeds and Multiplayer obviously isn’t the ONLY issue. However, it becomes rather noticable that most issues we’ve ever had (especially recently) have been MP/Server related…

Other solutions are to possible remove certain assets in certain areas, or to lower the amount of AI in certain areas maybe. Of course, there is the issue of “Graphics” which I feel shouldn’t be lowered, or heightened. As they’re perfectly fine for this game, people need to realize that there are other, more demanding PS4 games that are actually quite larger than Conan Exiles, so Graphics is not the issue… Just clearing that up for later commenters…

All in all, I feel the best soluation is to get rid of the Official servers, remove some assets and AI, especially in the North, now that it is laggy as hell. That, and you can probably change engines…

Conclusion, do I love this game? Yes, I’ve bought all the DLC except the 70+ Dollar DLC for Conan’s gear… I play this game literally everyday when I get home from work, or get out of class. But does this game upset me? Hell yes… I’ve played this game on PC and PS4, along with many other Open World, MMORPG games… And this is the first one I have actually loved the concept up, but hated it’s execution. I hope that you guys fix this game, and make it better.

1 Like

Stupid post man. Getting rid of officials is not the answer. Multiplayer was not the downfall of those games. Shtty practices by the devs was. And while forcing a drop or increase in graphic quality I don’t think would help. Giving an option to customize our graphics would help. Like a lot games out there.

if you only play single player which it seems you do, you have no say in this then. You can’t take away the time and effort people put in on officials for single player unless they remove the tether distance in Co op.

But they would still have to solve all the current problems.

your suggestion is basically a huge fk you to many of us on officials.

Good job, smart move to remove your comment. ■■■■■■■.

Stupid post man. Getting rid of officials is not the answer. Multiplayer was not the downfall of those games. Shtty practices by the devs was. And while forcing a drop or increase in graphic quality I don’t think would help. Giving an option to customize our graphics would help. Like a lot games out there.

if you only play single player which it seems you do, you have no say in this then. You can’t take away the time and effort people put in on officials for single player unless they remove the tether distance in Co op.

But they would still have to solve all the current problems.

your suggestion is basically a huge fk you to many of us on officials.

Oh I’m sorry it got marked as a non reply to you. I wanted to make sure you read it. How bout you calm down there.

There ya go read it twice. I’m sorry you don’t like it but it’s the truth. So get angry. Be an Internet tough guy. Just cause some one called out a stupid idea.

Not my fault you made an arrogant statement, pal. I’ve been playing this game sense release on PC and PS4, only recently have I decided to switch to Singleplayer, which is much smoother. It’s just a sheer fact that Online, Servers, and Multiplayer causes much more lag in a game. Literally. Do you not know what Peer to Peer is? do you not know what PING is?

I’m not going to destroy you, but if you REALLY want to get into this, you’d lose instantly in a serious discussion, because you’re talking to someone who is a junior game designer…
That, and I personally don’t feel like wasting my time with someone whose first words to me were “Stupid Post Man”…

One last thing, if you pay attention. MOST!.. Servers for Conan Exiles suffer a 80-130+ PING, which is god f’ing awful for an online game. Optimal PING is something like 30-40 or even 50-70, which barely causes any issues… But 80 and 100, you can start to see MAJOR issues, screen tearing, rubber banding, lagging in general…

Conclusion, don’t make a smart ■■■ comment if you aren’t educated on the topic.

1 Like

Kiddo you realize you took my words the wrong way and now are trying to fight a person who was never trying to fight, just calling a shtty idea out?

Stop trying to act so hardcore because words do not display how far someone would actually go in person.

You’re not scary or intimidating. You’re coming off as a pissed off teen that is throwing a tantrum because they didn’t like what they heard.

Another stupid comment though. Destroy? in a conversation? Really? You really need to calm the fk down.

I love how so many people are controlled by their emotions and can’t even talk, they can only resort to trying to insult cause they feel insulted. Il break it down for you. I said stupid post. Not you’re stupid. Huge difference there buddy.

Honestly you wanna argue? You’re on ps4 right? Get in a party with me then. No need to make off topic post here. But even then youl see you over reacted.

1 Like

You’re the one who over reacted, you made a blatant insult of character, and I rebuked, not my fault you can’t handle it. If you’re gonna throw s##t, s##t will be thrown back. Learn how society functions, monkey.
And why would I waste any more breath talking to you when you’ve already proven you’re too ignorant to research latancy, lag, P2P, and other things… You refuse to educate yourself, so why should I talk to you?..Peace out, pal.

And lol, Kiddo. You’re talking to a 38 year old, bud.

Your refusal to talk just proves my point. Plus I find it sad that a 38 year old is acting like a kid. Il tell you what many people need to understand. Just because you feel something doesn’t mean that’s how it is.

You feel you were attacked? Well that’s on you but my post weren’t attacks. So your own fault for jumping to conclusions.

but of course people see what they wanna see and can’t admit when their wrong. Note that I’m talking about you feeling attacked not the lag.

I’m pretty dam sure they can fix it. How Ive no clue but it’s not my job to figure it out.

Do whatever and have a good day. But don’t tell me I attacked when I didn’t. You have no idea what my intentions were when I wrote that. You can not speak for me. Il gladly accept you saying you didn’t like what I said or how I said it. But don’t tell me what I did or didn’t do.

And stop jumping to conclusions. You create arguements for no reason by assuming someone’s coming at you when their not.

Never said it was an attack, just said it was you being an arrogant s##t and attacking my character, not me… FINAL COMMENT.
P.S.
(I find it funny how you’re the one who is assuming I am upset over this, but you’re the one who had to start s##t by insulting my fact based opinion, and by not providing any counter evidence to my claims… …Whatever, just goes to prove console gamers are less intelligent on average)