Purge 101: How it works and other things you should know - Clarification Question

@Jens_Erik

Continuing the discussion from Purge 101: How it works and other things you should know:

This is what is stated in this PURGE 101:

This is what is stated in the GPORTAL Admin Server Settings:

We were wondering why we were getting purged on a Rented Gportal Server with only 1 clan while offline.

Based on the description in this thread, the setting should be a minimum of 1 if we only want purges to take place while players are online. Is that correct?

1 Like

You should get a purge only if online if set to 1.

But it is1 player on server, not in clan. If working like intented of course !

After, i don’t trust the config-panels coming with hosted servers, so i upload with FTP and edit ini manually.

I get what you are saying, so it should work like this.

Example:

2 clans in server (Clan A and Clan B)

Both clans each have 10 clan members.

Clan B’s purge meter is at full, but Clan B does not have any players actively on the server at the moment.

Clan A has 1 clan member currently in the game. The Purge commences and attacks Clan B without any clan members being in the game.

In our case, there is only 1 clan so if 1 player is in the game it is our clan. Previously I had the MinPurgeOnlinePlayers to set 0 and we were getting hit with Purges while offline.

By setting the MinPurgeOnlinePlayers to set 1, now it should only strike if there is at least one player in the game, which means someone from our clan will be on to defend.

yes, with set to 1 you need have 1 player on the server, if there is nobody, no purge should happen.

Like said, should ! I know people having problems with this still, and i didn’t test it some time ago.

But of course, with previous settings (0), you will get offline purges to.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.