That’s the algorythm I use to build the “village” bases:
- Main citadel or the first building is placed, 92+. Building ID is, for example, 8388 (can be checked via console on solo play)
- I start to build a thin “bridge” 1 fundament width
- I start to build another house at the end of the bridge
- When I finish a blueprint of the second house, I break the connecrion bridge. Two separate houses share the same timer and the same BuildingIdentity (it still remains 8388 as in step 1)
- Even if I continue to build another bridge and the 3rd house from the second one, they still will share the 1st house ID and timer. Even if I break almost all the commectors and leave 1 block to place some braisers on it for extra lightning: separate buildings share same ID and same decay timer
Some of my satelite buildings are <92, for sure, but they share the ID from the bigger one. I do have some decorative elements though, like one small stable that wasn’t built from an already existed building, but cmoooon, it can’t just be that the purge 4 days in a row checks ONLY those buildings!!! I have at least 7 building “chains” that are big enough to make the Purge want to wipe them!
Can someone from the tech support be tagged to help me to discover what is happening?
UPD: here is what I’ve discovered by far using console on my solo server:
- Yes, a bunch of houses that wele linked once still count as one.
- It works even if the broken link house has less than 92 blocks
- A new fundament block that was placed separately in your claim zone is considered as a new base with new ID
Right now I’m cleaning up all my houses filling them with fence fundaments between floor blocks. Will see tommorow If I’ve managed to do it right