Purge won't start on single-player/private server - Solved

Online private and Single-player
Bug
PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE
EU

Unable to start purge. Purge won’t start by itself regardless full purge bar.

Rented a server on g-portal. Allowed to have a purge with 0 players online. Removed time restrictions. Playing with 4 friends in single clan. We built a base surrounded by walls. Purge meter was filled, but no purge arrived. We’ve waited for 2 weeks with filled bar.

Decided to start purge manually. So, we did:

Cleared purge meter, filled it back. Used StartPlayerPurge, StartNextPurgePhase, StartNextWave. I’ve built second base far away manually through admin menu (with Black ice walls). Did the same above, no purge. I turned it off and on, enabled and disabled time restrictions. Changed how many players needs to be online to start the purge. Changed purge meter capacity.

Absolutely nothing. Purge won’t start and there is no logs on “purge” in server log.

Please help us activate purge and turn it on. I’ve created similar post and did everything suggested: Purge won't start or I did something wrong?

Thank you.

Any mods at all? A complete list would be beneficial, since some mods inadvertently affect things outside their description.

A shoutout to the modders for their fine work, thank you !

Regards

jim

Hey Jim. Thank you for response.

No mods at all. We just started playing and I only bought 1 dlc with Arnold Statues and that’s it.

Here is the screenshot of purge settings (If i messed smth up, please poke)

While I do not see anything obvious that would prevent a purge, I would recommend a start time of 0001, even if time restrictions are off, just to prevent a misunderstanding of midnight.

Otherwise, there is no reason your settings should be preventing a purge.

Can you start a purge in a single player game?

Regards

jim

1 Like

I’ve tried but I cannot also start purge in a single-player mode too.

I’ve added screenshots of in-game settings (just in case)

and here is the logs for purge for 7 days (there are no logs):

thank you <3

What is the building score of your base?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m still new. Where can I check building score? Is there a threshold for building (I mean I’ve built the base with Ice stone floor + walls about 10x10 with ceiling. Shouldn’t that be enough?

You quoted my post, I thought you have already looked into that because it was explained in it.

How to check your building score:

• Enable Building Decay (you can turn it off later if you don’t need it).
  • In the ServerSettings.ini add the following line DecayShowBuildingScore=True.

And yes, there is a threshold. It depends on where your base is located though.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this post and this is why I build new building in starting zone 10x10 by using Black Ice materials. I thought it was enough. Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you nor ignore you.

It depends where you built though. If it is snow area, you may need close to 100 T3 building pieces to get the minimum required score. If you say 10x10 black ice foundation, then it should be enough … so it is probably not the building score.

When you type the command StartPlayerPurge twice one after the other, does your purge bar empty?

2 Likes

No, after entering command StartPlayerPurge nothing is changing. Bar remains the same.

Hey everyone!

I’m sorry for bothering you! Purge was fixed. As Narelle was right, issue was because of small buildings. We went full hardcore on this one and built huge building and purge appeared. I’m sorry for bothering you and sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for being supportive and have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

@love2watch, I edited the subject to show solved. Could you mark Narelle’s post as the Solution?

It allows the devs to concentrate on folks who still have problems :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

1 Like

Yes! Of course. Thank you @Jim1 and @Narelle for helping me with this and @Shadoza for helping clarify with logs. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.