Purge 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m not looking forward to it

I didnt know what a purge was when I started. I moved to highlands and just built a small castle and animal pen with my gf. Then a purge occurred. Wasn’t even home, when my gf and I managed to get there, we found our animal pen gone and a bazzilion naked thralls attacking our base.

Was pretty funny, we ran around trying to kill them, I think I died about 10 times…haha. We did manage to keep most of our building in tact. But what an eye opener. Such a mess!

I spent my entire time before next purge, building defences, animals, and thralls. I decked out all my thralls in heavy armor. Built a massive wall (just sandstone) around my base using foundations. Then I added t3 walls to it slowly over time. Just slapped them onto the outside.

Thralls are easy to get. I ended up with 4 animal pens and about 5 wheels of pain. I never did get attacked there again, but I have an army that should be able to repel any purge.

I had a smaller base setup near the galleon. Its a very defensible area. I blocked off entrances using mountain walls and foundations/gates. I didnt need a lot of thralls/pets to defend that place. Because of how its situated, not many enemy thralls can get close to the base en mass. I have them funnelling in 1 or 2 at a time. Easy pickings.

Don’t be scared of the purge. Just build defences! Make a quick sandstone wall cause just need rocks and wood. Super easy to make and u can add/replace it later. Capture a ton of thralls and have them everywhere. I had a lot of fun setting up defences.

2 Likes

And even that doesn’t work. We had neighbors build a base up a hill from us and their purges have wrecked one side of our base twice now.

They don’t. Ive had volcano archer thralls in heavy armor and using legendary bows killed by T2 sand Reapers during offline purges.

Quick question, if I build my base in the location shown above, would it hold up to purges if it’s structures are made of reinforced stone and Aquilonian?

@Korykubik Well, the main benefit of the T3 buildings is that they have a lot more HP than Sandstone. So they won’t last forever if there is nothing to kill the attackers, but they should allow your defenders a good amount of time to kill off the purge enemies.

One thing to know is, foundations have the most HP in any given set (100K for T3, 50K for T2, 10K for T1) followed by fence foundations (90K, 45K, 9K), and then walls, etc (70K, 35K, 7K). What I like to do then is to build my outer curtain walls using foundations, then line them with fence foundations on either side (70+100+70=240K hp at T3). Some folks even “honeycomb” their curtain walls with fence foundations and wall pieces to increase their strength even further, or make their walls two+ foundations thick, as I did on either side of my gatehouse.

Just be mindful that if you go on a building spree, your purge meter is apt to increase more quickly than it has been, so you’ll probably want to keep a balance of defensive structures and defenders for the time being.

1 Like

Yes they are. I checked it in God mode just after the patch. But they are tough to knock down. I didn’t try to knock down their Boss, just one of the fighters standing near.

We have updated the Purge Map to the latest version :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man, so many red X-es! Would it be a huge trouble to also update the background map to the version with the grid letters/numbers too? :3

/me goes back to scouring the map for intel

Come join our server “Game of Exiles”. We will be doing a week of free building where I’ll provide any materials you need. After that we will be going back to x10 gathering. We will have a weekly “Arena champion” and the winner of the pvp competition will be awarded with a nice prize each week. If you are interested please come check it out. My psn is popasquat2.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.