Purge, purge, purge, purge 🙌!

Greetings!
I got my first Purge Priest (Named (T4) purge Ymir Priest: Drem the Occultist 🤩! - Conan Exiles - PS5 - YouTube)!
He is Drem the Occultist, an Ymir Priest, and I am so happy about it :smiley_cat:. Now, I want purges to spawn more often (on official PvE servers), and I have a couple of questions:

• What do you do to fill the purge meter faster? Just killing and building?
  • How can I increase the chances of a purge spawning on one of my outposts? My main base is huge, with all crafting stations, wheel of training, all altars, and I believe that is why purges always spawn there.
  • Every purge one or two mobs go to one of my neighbors and stay there, and I have to run around until I find them wandering far away. Is there a way to avoid that?

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 Like

The game ticks once every 15 mins (on officials) and there are four things that move the purge meter; killing, building, relogging and surviving.

Killing: Kill at least one thing every 15 minutes, this can be a little baby, a world boss or another player, it doesn’t matter.

Building: Place at least one “building piece” every 15 minutes, this can even be the same building piece over and over, by destroying and replacing it.

Relogging: Relog once every 15 minutes. Respawning (after you die) counts as relogging, so simply pull your bracelet.

Surviving: This is just being logged into a server. This is not something you can really manipulate but it will gradually tick up when you are playing.

4 Likes

You are correct about everything. I’m just gonne squeeze some details in

I looked at the wiki. The building piece must be placed by itself where it is not connected to any structure you’ve already built. Presumably so it has its own Decay Timer I guess. Placing other tiers of foundations does not give more points in one 15 min tick. Sandstone is fine.

You also get points for killing a player. This is separate from killing an NPC, so find a friendly player to kill under a Battle Standard.

BTW: Purges can be quite vicious some times. Be prepared for worse ones

https://conanexiles.fandom.com/wiki/Purge_Meter

2 Likes

Thank you both!
It was way different to what I thought!
Good to know now! I will try to log in every time I can during the day, and will build that lonely foundation also.
I also have a small camp I use for sacrifices, will pay them a visit as well.
And yes, every time a purge is coming I am just afraid that the next one will kill some of my favorite Thralls again :expressionless:, but I am also excited to see what final boss will I have to face :slight_smile:.

Good hunting!

1 Like

Don’t forget that different areas of the map can spawn different purges too. This might help you find a particular thrall that you are looking for.
I used to create a 21x21 purgeamid (foundation pyramid) outside Asguard which worked everytime to get the thralls we needed. However this would now probably be a ban but something smaller might be ok.
Also if trying the method of pulling your bracelet, you may currently experience very long load times. If this happens logging out of the game and back in again usually helps fix it.

1 Like

I will give it a try to the 92 foundations (wiki in previous post) instead of the 21x21.
Maybe in the snow first, and if things go well I might try the volcano eventually :grimacing: .

1 Like

Convergence trap. Create or stop a purge at will.

1 Like

Yes the convergence trap would be a good idea too. But even if you have the Siptah recipe to make one on the exiled lands getting the stuff to power it from the events could be a long process. Has anyone tried?

Thank you!, but I do not have Siptah yet :grimacing:

1 Like

What purges love!
Wheels of pain that worked the whole period of time!
Map rooms, so make sure you have one close to this wheel!
Decoratives and farming pots!
Religion Altair that accepted zeals the last days.
But the most important of all it was the busy wheel of pain and a construction over 85 pieces!
I remember doing all these to attract a purge in my outposts and 90 % it was working.
Once I joined @sestus2009 and @nitecat on their official server. No mater how much @nitecat was building in the main base, we had purges in the wheel of pain house on Sinners Refuge. Actually these guys teached me where to build to accept an Asuras purge. In this area that they build I learned the game on single player, like @Kikigirl said in another post, I knew this area “like the back of my hand”, still I never build to this small area, ever. So my next suggestion will be my friend Wonka, when you master everything, go blend with people. There are no good players or bad players, you will see, there are only different players. Each and every one of them out there has something new to teach you. And knowledge is power my friend, the greatest power in this game. Good hunting :wink:

2 Likes

One piece of important info not highlighted above: the 15 minute timer means only the 1st time you perform a purge meter action in that 15 minute period counts. So you just need to do one of each. e.g. killing one NPC is just as effective as killing 1000 NPCs during that 15 minute period. So what you really want to do is vary your activities regularly. If you place 2000 T1 building pieces in 30 minutes, even if all separate as the Wiki suggests, only 2 of those pieces are progressing the purge meter, you should do some killing and other stuff too. Also, if you place a t1 a t2 and a t3 building piece in that 15 minute period, you get purge progress for each. (<-- edit: this is wrong, they don’t stack) Read this for the full story and the points granted for each action: Purge Meter - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

2 Likes

Trap works flawlessly in Exiled Lands. I use it all the time. Helps that I have an enormous stockpile of fuel from taking holidays in the Isle of Siptah on my character.

Thank you!
From the Wiki, I do not understand what this means:

• Separate tiers do not stack; you can only get points from placing a piece from one of the three tiers at a time.
1 Like

First of all @KamikazeHamster thank you for uploading this information from our excellent wiki editors.
Wonka, a bit above it says something about a limit of 200 pieces, building pieces that add to your purge meter. They have to be building pieces of the same tier to work I guess, not 60 sandstone, 60 insulated and 80 black ice building pieces.
The only I didn’t understand is…
200 is the limit to start gaining or after this you get no meter upgrade anymore? I believe it’s the second, but I would like to listen what @KamikazeHamster will say about it

@stelagel , I am not sure if we can only get 200 points every 15 minutes by placing either one of the tier building pieces, or if we can actually get 200 points every 15 minutes x 3, 200 for each tier :confused:.

1 Like

Thank you everyone!
I was able to spawn a Purge in only 4 days of just login in, building two T3 blocks far from any other building and then removing those blocks, killing any mob, every 15+ minutes. Sometimes, of course, it took me a bit longer than 15 minutes to remember to build the blocks.
Whenever I was close to my bed, I just removed the bracelet and looted quickly.
I could actually see the Purge bar growing faster than ever before!
It was my first ice Purge, I got the Frost Giants purge, and even when no one was killed and I only lost 4 lamps, it was frustrating to kill so many T4 named I wanted :expressionless:.
But now I know how to hurry those Purges to have another shot to those T4s!

Good hunting!

3 Likes

I actually missed that point in the wiki, thought you could build 1 piece of each tier and each would give you 200 points. Obviously not. All they mean is, within the 15 minute period, put down one building piece of any tier, and that will earn you 200 points. Every other building piece of any tier during that 15 minutes adds nothing.

1 Like

It’s not a limit of 200 pieces, it’s 200 points for the first piece in the period.

2 Likes

This bitter part of the game comes with experience gained by loss. In these difficult purges playing in clans helps a lot. Being in a clan with many members have negative things, but has positives too. Your purge bar is filling for fun and you enjoy difficult purges, since it’s very easy to handle with team mates. No worries, more will come and now you know :grin:. Even alone you will manage to gain more from a difficult purge. Next time do not focus on the damage you gain on the building, let them focus destroying it and focus on farming good thralls. Building back is easy, having a purge like that is hard :wink:

@KamikazeHamster thank you for clarification :grin:.
The reason I don’t read wiki is obvious, my English are not so good and I confuse situations :confused:. If I want to fill my purge bar, I will do what I usually do and I will have purge in two days without checking what to do and what not. 12 to 15 hours gaming in two days are enough to fill my purge bar

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.