Purge seems to teleport/spawn inside the base and a short rant

For months now we were building on Siptah with my friend our dreamed of base. A huge wall all around the area, with ,many small buildings inside. We also set up our thralls around the wall on the outside as first defense against the Purge.

So far we had 2 purges. The first one was the Wasps/Flies however you want to name them. We fought them on the outside and just after 20 minutes we noticed by chance they were actually also inside the walls, in the middles of the base. We were astonished but we tought “Ok they are flying, so maybe its their special ability to bypass walls, fair enough”.

We had second purge yesterday Lemurians.To our wonder many of them also spawned inside our base. Whats worse some of them seemed to teleport short distances to get into a building, even if the entrance was barred by a thrall.

(Yes I will report it in bugs forum later, with more hopefully helfpul details)

This is tottaly dissapointing and sucks the fun out of the game for us. Why did we even build those walls? All that effort was wasted time apparently. For gods sake, the purges are ingame for ages, one of its better and marketed feature and they are still not working right.I am not exagerating here, its just how it is for me,a feeling i have to expect from this game, this disspointement and feel of wasted time, Its for so many features due to bugs, inbalance or plainly lacking something that would be expected. Temperatures on siptah dont mean anything, so part of armors and food mechanics are all pointless.You get from the bosses usually keys to legendary chests , but legendary wepaons now arent that great anymore, making fighting bosses abit pointless. According to info on the pictures when the game loads, exploring landmarks should be rewarded. We try to climb/swim towards most of them, I think were really rewarded and astonished 2 times: one was the hidden isle with trampoline and undersea cavern, pretty great and one i guess the ruins where you must climb to fight the flying harpy like boss. 2 times out of i guess by this point 50 times we climbed/swam/explored. The Grey ones with hammers found inside the ruins are much mroe dangerous then most 3 skull bosses. Overall 1/3 skull bosses difficulty seems tottaly random as are the rewards and xp from them.Some pets perma spawn in certain places, while other are random and rare , without any correlation to their abilities. (imho all should be rare and random). I could go on and on.

What im saying is i get it you raced to release Siptah, adding new content after new content. But for gods sake, now that we are there stop introducing new content and fix and balance existing features. Just like you did with night on spitah, suddenly the torches and night potions again made sense, thank you for that, much appreaciated. If you dont , I dare to say even if the shiny new content attracts alot of new players, most of them will leave soon.

3 Likes

And this is , maybe, the main issue on why I stopped playing Conan Exiles. As a single player (no multiplayer of any kind) relying my entertainment of purges was crucial: the player versus the environment IS the purge.
But purges never achieved to work as they should/would, building a base (and feeling that sense of preparation) compelte dissolves into nothing when:
purges spawn randomly inside your base
purges spawn randomly on top of your roof
purges behave like you never build any barricade or wall or fortification.

This is because purges (A.I.) can’t handle the way you build and if they do not find a clear path to challenge you they “cheat” and spawn inside your base.
This is a massive failure because makes all your efforts to find a good location, build and protect a base completely useless.
Spiders should be able to climb walls, bats should be able to fly over, certain enemies could be able to break barricades without getting no spike damage (or fire damage or other, it depends on various enemies).
This should lead you to prepare as many tactics possibile to engage different purges… but nothing really matters: if they do not have a “private EVP route for guest” to invade you, they will simply jump over all your construction.

And when you play single campaign all the defence/turret gameplay simply vanishes into a noisy fart.
Hell I do not even “know” how a trebuchet works: in PVE you never use it and enemies never use it against you. Is a dead mechanic for the PVE single player.
2018-2021 purge issues are still a thing. Never had a doubt in my mind it would be ended like this. (sadly)

4 Likes

There was a glorious period of a couple of months when they worked mostly okay. I miss those days a lot.

4 Likes

“Oh now, oh now, oh now
Bring it back, bring it back
Bring it back, bring it back”
(“Battle of Evermore” - Led Zeppelin) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixing the Purge (and improving the Purge system) has been a long-requested feature voiced by the community. Now that Siptah is nearing release, perhaps we’ll get some attention on the Purge, Thralls, AI pathing, Settlement system, and the Rescuing of captured thralls?

Its great when it works right. But yes, the Purge needs some TLC.

4 Likes

Urgh.

The purge mechanic has never worked right.

Conan exiles is the only game I know, where you get actively penalised for using your brain, especially with regards to purges.

Choose a strategically high vantage point to build on and then realise your mistake as you watch the purge simply magically bypass everything you’ve built and start destroying your base from the inside out, all because you are in fact now at a disadvantage compared to those who barely built above sea level.

Or, even better, don’t watch, in fact don’t be online at all! and come back to find your base wiped because the purge system thought someone else from a rival clan was you, and proceeded to demolish everything you built, while you’re blissfully unaware in RL.

In fact, building any walls, palisades, or ANY defences is a colossal waste of time, when the purge can just warp / teleport inside your base.

Absolute nonsense.

2 Likes

Since the 2.3 release on PS I’ve had four purges, and only one of them actually happened as it should. The other three all spawned one wave and never came back for more (an issue I almost never had before). I would say it had to do with them struggling to find a path to my base, but my purge last night happened at a gate I’ve built that is completely on its own, nowhere near anything. The spawn point for the first wave was completely out in the open and couldn’t have been any more of a clear walk to the gate. This purge still glitched out after wave 1 and never came back for another!

Before the update I had very little issue with the purge, sure it always spawned in random spots and on top of my roof, but I could at least fight, now they don’t even show up!

Some serious attention needs to be focused on the purge, as @Tselem said, many of us who play PVE continue to play for the purge, it’s basically our end game content that keeps us playing. I’ve fought the purge at least 50 times now and there is very little consistency!!!

2 Likes

This is probably my biggest frustration about the game. There are so many places I wanted to build but passed because I didn’t want to end up with a purge spawning inside my base. Then when they do actually spawn it wears thin pretty quick. While leveling they tend to be brutal with no regard for how progressed a player actually is and then the inverse is true at the other end. They don’t seem to scale in difficulty at all, the difficulty seems to be just which purge you get and how many waves spawn. Knocked out enemies screw with pathing resulting in thralls bugging out and getting stuck doing nothing. It seems like I get repeats within a purge of named enemies a lot. The same smelter, the same taskmaster, etc. I’ve had triple wave accursed purges on Siptah where I got 5-6 of the same named archer.

4 Likes

5000+ hrs .

Purge will hit inbase eventho you build at the right spots. (by chance)

been ther done that, and like 20+times. Whilst completely focussed it still got me several times.

Avoid the purge, play with 2 accounts to keep an eye on decay. (wich is totally bugged too)

Im not the only one who does that , and with succes. (greets Brunhilde and Loki)
Last purge for me was like a year ago now.

Don’t fight the bugs, roll with them, only way to enjoy CE imo.

Note a basic steam CE key costs 17 (ish)eur. online. Wich gives you exiled lands only.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.