PvE character death after 2 mins of logging out

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

Logged out and after a couple of minutes a clan mate informed me that my character had died. I was inside a safe-house at that time.
The safe house is located up north and built mostly with frontier materials. There are fireplaces installed, so when inside the safe-house I wear the heavy armor that has 1 point to heat resistance. With that armor on and when inside the safe-house the character heat indicator displays either cold or soothing depending on the character placement with regards to heat sources.

(I had issues before with character deaths that from some tests I did probably were due to the following:

1. Logging out in a place that is vertically aligned to heat sources such as fireplaces (this was my case), even if they are 3 or more stories higher.
  2. Wearing the khitan armor.
  3. Turn off all fireplaces and other heat sources and log out.
  4. On server restart all fireplaces turn on and you end up with heatstroke even being 3 or more stories up or down of the heat sources.)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log out.
  2. After 2 minutes the character is dead.
1 Like

Hey @barbolis

Apologies for the frustration. When logging out please try to deposit your valuables in a nearby chest before you exit the game to avoid issues like this one. Our team is looking into ways to at least telegraph offline deaths better.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Why not disable death completely at least in PvE mode, when someone is logged out?
Its not like this is a game mechanism which is needed or adds benefits to the game…

Would reduce the amount of such posts/tickets by a huge amount and PvP players mostly dont log out with their gear, as anyone can kill and rob them.

2 Likes

Hello.
Thanks for the feedback.
If any additional info can be helpful for you, please ask.

Totally agree, at least for a certain period of time (in days) so that to also avoid having characters that are probably never going to log again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.