PvP issues and a humble player ideas

The Baal Pteor Lodestone hammer drains every part of stamina when no other weapon or concussion buff , wether it be tinker bench items or concussion oils make concussion viable in anyway in pvp.

This weapon takes all of your stamina completely. No other correlation can be made with other items when it comes to concussion damage for pvp. The hyper armor was taken away from single hand axe and sword which nullified alot of the point in using them. I’m fine with changes but the PVP seems to be punishing variety and different play styles in favour of one weapon meta every age.

2 handed axes with a running attack is making the learning of a weapons light/ heavy combinations ,skill and knowledge based use of weapons, completely redundant. Grit players lose strength and weight and all the perks that strength gives with the risk reward of being a more agile player. lodestone bypasses that and makes wearing strength 8 full piece meta the ONLY option in group pvp.

For some reason you added an aim boy system and took away hyper armor on certain weaponry. Now that aimbot is taken out but hyper armor for the single hand weapons has not seen a return. It’s made it a " run with 2 handed" game. I get new lead developers want to make their mark but this really isn’t making the game fun at all. Your punished for thinking outside the box when variety and risk reward for your build used to be embraced.

The game is still very fun but so many dedicated players have left because of the constant goal lost moving in cheesy basic metas.

Twitch offered a weapon which gives players eldarium. I’m all for eldarium having an introduction into Exiled Lands but making it exclusively a hidden feature of a twitch weapon is wasting all the potential it has. I understand the dungeon weapons could be too much to introduce but surely a delving bench and all those weapons that just sit on a dead map could make the game more interesting on exiled lands. Perhaps a table in with the sorcery and a changing of the delving bench to bloodstone could be a way to introduce the delving bench into Exiled Lands.

Priest nerf. The priests seem to be extremely inbalanced.

Derketo was introduced and is one of the most unused gods. I spent days solely spending my nights after work trying to get a Derketo priest from the extreme limited spawn area. I’ve never once seen one over countless optimistic trips down to the temple to try and get one. Other priests seem to be nerfed as well. You have at least 3 tiers of priest for absolutely no reason at all. Instead of making the temple useless perhaps make the god farm a higher cost for risk reward. Instead of nihilistic RNG that just makes it redundant.

Age of War : what exactly has been added to make it an age of War ? The archer posts are a ridiculous farm , the fire cauldron is a ridiculous farm and now we hunt werewolves. I absolutely adore this game and hate being negative but if you’ve turned a Game Preview player with over a year of actual game time, who is optimistic about every age into a pessimist then things aren’t going well.

Kill barriers: the abundance of meshing. The jungle has turned into the epitome of a cheaters paradise. 2 minute timer on kill barriers is enabling net limiters to completely exploit the mesh to an absurdly easy level.

Suggestions from a humble player :

Introduce the delving weaponry and armors into Exiled Lands using bloodstone and a bench into the magic cave.

Make 2 handed axes running attacks a complete stam taker like the 2 handed sword overhand.

Make weapon effects viable again. Bleed and Poison to be given a 10 percent buff and concussion becoming a viable pvp buff. Perhaps the lodestone wouldn’t be so bad if other weapons could be turned into lesser options with the players chosen build enabling stamina draining weapons that perhaps does the stamina drain of perhaps 25 percent. Say a shortsword with a blunted fitting or an Oil of Concussion .

Create an agility sweeping spear. The sweeper falls right in line with an agility / grit style play but has no correlating weapon. Strength players aren’t using them so perhaps it could become an ‘agility pike’ of sorts.

Enable the throwing weapons to become strength/ agility adjacent. The throwing axe and javelin are both excellent ideas but not implemented by agility. Grit builds tend to be agility and using a shield with a javelin is fun. But having grit perks for the shield but the javelin being strength only is nullifying them to a play style that wants to embrace them.

:radioactive:* Correction* serpent man and obsidian javelins are agility at least . My bad for my take on that :radioactive:

My optimism is hoping funcom sees this and perhaps takes a humble players opinion into at least consideration. Keep your loyal players at least being heard because right now we are slipping away when we were always your biggest supporters. Peace.

4 Likes

Ah, a tale as old as time. The chicken goes cluck, the cow goes moo, and the PVP players go “the PVP is unbalanced”

Thing is, though, you’re right. The nerf to rolling thrust hurt agility players a lot, and that in combination with other changes has made PVP into the grindfest that it used to be (remember when food used to be used as healing items?). It’s just players sprinting headlong at each other, rolling away, healing, and coming back for another pass. It’s…dull, to say the least.

my thoughts:
-Make rolling thrust viable again. The way it was before needed a minor tweak, but they smashed it to bits. A buff would help bring the perk back to relevance

-Corrupted builds: A joke in PVP, but having a “corrupted grit” line would be nice to see. A corrupted grit perk could reduce all damage taken by X% based on corrupted stat points.

-Shortsword animations: There’s a lot of pausing and standing around for a weapon that’s supposed to be quick and agile. Speed up the animations and shorten the “rechamber” after the heavy->light combo

-Spears: Remember when they used to be large area denial attacks? If not, go watch Neebs gaming’s first conan series made a few years ago. Those were really cool, and would be relevant in today’s meta, I think

-Hyperarmor: I know we complained a lot about how much there was in the game, but I think removing almost all of it was a step too far in the wrong direction. Again, it needed tweaking, but was smashed to bits. An adjustment would help

-Delving: I’m not opposed to this, though needing eldarium for a lot of the recipes that delving would unlock complicates things. Of course, simply replacing eldarium with bloodstone could work, but eh

-Kill Barriers: Shorten the timer to 1 minute

-Priests: Last I recall, there are 2 tiers of priest that are worth the time. T4 and the T3 Archpriest. The other 2 tiers are only good for getting sacrificial blood/souls/zeal.

3 Likes

Too much needs to be done. But we must ask first - do they have the basic idea of how combat works?
The answer is no.

One of the principles of balancing is called “high risk high reward”.
A swing from a Great Axe has: great range, good speed, super high damage, crippling effect - high reward
It should have either very high stamina cost or slow recovery so your opponent can rightfully punish you if you whiff - high risk.
This is called balance.
The reality is the opposite - you can cancel anytime from any Great Axe moves or walk out of it, but you stand still for a couple of sec like you are posing for some cameraman out of nowhere after certain shortsword animations.
The existence of these “high reward no risk” and “low reward high risk” moves are a good example that combat system was developed at a hobbyist level, and explains why we always have a meta in every age.

4 Likes

Now I am going to start off by stating that I am against nerfs FOR THE MOST PART as they often have major effects on more than just the one gameplay stay that is asking for them, and more often than not the item they are requesting to be nerfed is not even the real issue. However, this is not exactly the case here with Baal-pteor’s Lodestone, and here are the reasons why:

So if we look at the item itself this is what we see.
Now the first thing I am going to point out is look at the WEIGHT of this TWO HANDED MACE. For comparison, here is a list of the three lightest two handed maces:

Sure, the Abyssal Maul has the same weight, but that is something that you summon via sorcery, does not last forever and technically speaking isn’t “real”. Where as Knock weight 2.45 (opposed to 0.1) and is essentially a broken oar… that does 1 damage… Just put that into perspective for a moment.

So the Loadestone has sunder, which reduces the targets armor, and it has a 47.25% armor pen on top, and it weighs NOTHING on top of that. BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! It also drains your target of stamina, an ability which they did not even bother to list on the item at all.

So, even without that last little bit this beast of a weapon is already pretty damned nice. But the real reason it is used in PvP, it weighs nothing and saps the stamina from people trying to run (if I am not mistaken). So, how will this effect PvE? Short and simple of it, it won’t. NPC’s are not effected by stamina and neither are your thralls. So a reductions of this ability, or even it’s removal, would have no effect on PvE at all, but it WOULD have an effect on PvP.

So, I will have to ask the PvP players. Would this weapon still be viable if the stamina drain was reduced to 50%? 25% Removed completely? Exactly how do you want this item to be adjusted?

6 Likes

we need dynamic pvp time. Less offline raiding. BTW offline raiding benifits hacker more, because hacker can see what’s in your vaults and chests. What’s more, hacker can even take items from vaults and chests. So putting most important items in followers is the best solution. SO plase enalbe the damn dynamic pvp time.

1 Like

Maybe reduce it to 5% stamina “sapping”. Makes it somewhat special (on top to it’s low weight).

1 Like

Before the legendary rework(s), the lodestone’s “gimmick” was that it was a 2-handed mace that weighed practically nothing. There’s a greatsword that is pretty much the same thing

I’m not sure why it drains stamina in PVP. It’s a really odd effect that’s out of scale with the rest of the weapons which aren’t specifically tuned for player interactions (Heated Argument/Black Ice weapons aside for their temperature effects, and Drunkard’s Blade for the alcohol effect)

If concussive damage drains stamina versus players now (As I think it was implied by the OP), then giving it the concussion effects of the highest truncheon would be fair I think. IIRC, Szeth’s Truncheon has the highest concussive rating, so give it that and call it a day. It still drains stamina, and PVE players have a really weird/janky KO weapon for thralling that weighs practically nothing

2 Likes

It had the same mechanic before nerf/rework and was one of the top pvp weapons for some time.
Even one hammer could win a group fight due to old stamina regen and grey stam mechanic.
We had to roll full grit builds just to have a fighting chance against it.

Many two-handed maces (and I think their one-handed counterparts too) historically did stamina damage. Getting smacked by star metal hammers always gave a little butt pucker moment when they hit you hard enough to put you into exhaustion and couldn’t roll dodge. Exhaustion removal/mitigation makes this much less dangerous.

I think a reduction in it’s amount and actual meaningful use of concussion would really bring that into the game for other weapons. Make the lodestone THEE concussion weapon but the drain at the moment is just too powerful.

I’m a grit guy I like the rolling thrust nerf. It punishes just going full strength, vitality and agility. But I’m an anti meta guy. I try to be as different as possible just for fun.

I have to say I agree with most of what you said. My baby is the shortsword and I’m happy with it but I’ve been maining it since November.

It always has drained stamina but nothing significant unless you do a kill floor with thralls all carrying truncheon as the main weapon. Placing a concussive mod from a tinkerers bench on most weapons do nothing. On a lodestone it’s seems to boost the already massive stamp drain. I like concussive and wish it was implemented more. But to a realistic level. Especially after disastrous dupe glitches over the last few months and the ability to cheese keys in the obsidian.

Do we need two identical threads?

1 Like

Lodestone is broken. I don’t mind concussive being a stam drainer. It’s just too much . Try it out and see for yourself. All the sweats on PvP using it.

Its FOTM. Next month will be something else. Just like it was with last month.

1 Like

New UI messed up the perk list of the weapon. It has the perk “concussive” on it. It does 60 stamina dmg each hit. Its been this way since agr of war ch1. Its just much more noticeable now due to recent stamina regen changes. If you know how to fight against it and build right its not an issue in pvp.

Apart from the whole EU XBOX community whose standard is extremely high ? It completely is an issue to have a broken weapon mate.

Hammer of the whale has been around forever and does the same thing. Its just a new meta and people arent adjusted to it yet.

OK, so lets compare the two weapons then.
image image

The laodstone does 31/36 more damage than the whale does. Armor pen is the same, but the loadstone has 2,800 more durability (more than 2x the durability) and weight 0.1 compared to 5.78. :thinking: I don’t know about you but I think I am noticing some slight differences here.

1 Like

Only named summon gods, arch priest is useless. That’s why people believe that an age of gods will arrive. I believe that Derketo named are rare because of the power of this avatar. It can slay all the personnel behind walls with its breath. So if these named priests were easy to gain it would be a standard way to make the first attack in each raid.

It’s true that i don’t use war axe when it was my main for years. The truth however does not hide behind hyperarmor but behind the build of strength. A warrior, from pve to pvp, is more effective when he has flexibility, fast stamina regeneration and really punishing hits. Now in pve against slow mobs, katana is extremely punishing, which is good, but in pvp tulwar can be more efficient. Yet tulwar is a rare drop just to “balance” the situation and force players to risk strength builds and use 2h axe. I say risk because you cannot have strength and be effective in pvp without at least 3 perks in agilty. If you choose 20 str, 20 agil and 20 vit, you are vulnerable. A player without grit accepts humongous numbers of damage.
On a side note i believe that they try to make every build viable and competitive. And this will always be with a combination of perks and specific gear. It’s not an easy thing both for devs and for players later. I say for players because we tend to use a “trendy” fighting style and only a few do research for effective styles out of trend.
And to this part allow me to say “god bless pvp players”. These players will always be a step in front, digging every single detail of dev work and that’s exactly the reason (i believe) @den long ago applied his respect to the pvp community of this game. The “need” a player feels to outplay “status” and “trends” comes only from pvp competition.

A pve player will read that a hammer that weight nothing does concussion damage and leave the weapon rot in a chest or dismantled on the bench for a handful of star metal bars. Not even try what this weapon does :woman_shrugging:t4:.

My fellow exile @DevilManXBOX i am against nerfs. Especially about a weapon like 2h axe. The spin to win animation was not exiting at all, but this animation is freaking awesome. From pve to pvp a player feels rewarded for using this weapon and super exited when he tear apart npcs with this amazing damage and animation. So allow me to vote against this nerf.
As for javelins? I wish the bat was throwing a handful of riptides :laughing:, not just one and watch all the lands playing the game as Spartans :metal:. Amazing weapons that give vital reasons to medium armors and shields more than any other weapon!

Before i close i will apply my view for this game all these years.
Everything happens for a reason, devs want us to discover, get exited and have fun with this excitement. Of course nothing is perfect so they expect our feedback to do it. But their intentions will always be “happy gaming hours” believe nothing different.

They do my friend, they do, especially the humble creative criticism. See them as friends and not opponents and you’ll win always!
Thank you for your feedback :metal: