Quality of Life and Other Gaming Suggestions from a homebrew gamer and Dungeon-master for years. :)

I originally suggested that Funcom should introduce Mudbricks as a new T1 or T2 building material back in January with my second suggestions list. It was at first tied to a concept biome I devised known as the Black Marshlands or ‘Bog’ biome, as both a new resource and building type.

Here was a brief description I posited in another thread. Although I now feel it would be better off as a T2 building material.

Another potential building material is one I suggested in my most recent suggestions list. Create clay/mud nodes, and make ‘Mudbrick’ a new T1 building material. A mudbrick: a mixture mud with a binding material such as straw (plant fibre and ‘clay’). Mudbricks are known to have been used since around 7000-6000 BC. Furthermore, since 4000 BC, mudbricks have also been fired, to increase their strength and durability. Here are two possibilities in one material.

I later suggested that instead of adding in a new biome, we could simply add in some Mud/Clay nodes along the river bank or shoreline, but more suitibly in the Jungle biome due to its environmental conditions (ie-high rainfall).

I also campaigned for Mudbricks in a number other threads, but it would seem that I couldnt get a bite on this one. A shame, as it is such a simple and workable idea as you yourself know. It is also a concept which even the most simple of savages could understand. It is good to have another voice in the choir Eladrin. Let us hope we can gain some traction.

1 Like