Question of the Week: What recipes would you add using the foods/materials in game?

Poisoned food to kill or weaken enemy thralls.

Energy food to increase exprate rather than stats, both for players and thralls.

1 Like

Definetly not a white bat soup. Maybe some battle chicken breast, could be nuggets too.

1 Like

This would hardly be a priority of course, but may I make a fairly minor suggestion while this topic is active? As we know Boars yield a meat which is unique from other creatures in the game, in this case Pork. May I also suggest that Shoebills be changed to yield either Poultry or Fowl as opposed to the usual savoury flesh when harvested, for the purpose of a little extra cullinary diversity? It would make sense when we consider that we can purchase ‘Spiced Fowl’ from a merchant at Flotsam.

3 Likes

True, but a lot of them you can’t get below. I have used a sickle on some, but most will not respond to the sickle. Others do, but you have to hit 50 times before it does.

Atlas stole all the coconuts. lol

1 Like

Oh, and I forgot to add, they sound like a stone when you pick them up off the beach. lol

Currently the Cooking/Food situation in conan seems purely RP to me.

Roasted Haunch is super easy to make while the more complex recipes don’t seem to seem enough of a benefit to go out of the way to make. If there was a greater appeal to the more complex recipes or if they were toned down on requirements to make, I believe the entirety of the cooking portion of this game would find more diverse use.

Feel like that needs to happen before there’s any point in adding more foods.

However, with the above done, the other thing that would be nice (or at least makes sense to me) is to divide the different meats up to be specific to the animal/monster type killed. Rather then feral meat exotic meat, ext…

Would be interesting to be able to cook up a snake, rhino meat, elephant, tiger, scorpion… ext…

From that there can be dishes based off those specific meat types.

Could involve further interest in typing in the food buff/stat buff type from the food that matches its original source.

EDIT Oh! and probably a greater desire for me, instead of new foods/drinks to eat… we need actual placeable foods. Feasts, drinks, bowl and platters of food.

Sure the exile lands are desolate… but a warlord leader sitting in his/her mighty stronghold would not be eating poorly.

Always excited for more placeables…

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point! It’s also the reason why I don’t even go looking for some of the recipes in the world. And even though I always get the recipe for aloe soup, I keep using cooked abysmal flesh, because I don’t have to go farming crystal (among other things) to have decent healing food.

Rolee9309 I would absolutely love to see a handful of Fruit Trees added into the game, even if we just grow them ourselves. The Berries are nice, but I just feel we could benefit from a few other varieties to compliament them. Coconuts, I agree should definately be one of them. I actually suggested that we add in a number of Fruit Trees a while ago, and it was very well recieved.

2 Likes

Since there is no use for crabs right now how about crab soup, crab cakes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.