Questions for the DevStream - The Purge

I think it’s just that way to add more spice and variety. Sure, it’s strange when hyenas come to wreck your foundations, but they also serve as a pretty easy type of enemy to fight against when you’re just starting out. On my game, I’m just at level 16, and packs of hyenas are VICIOUS.

The Exiles Lands are home to plenty of ‘unnatural’ things. Hyenas under a voodoo spell, perhaps under the control of a priest of Jhebbal Sag, might be led to chew and dig at your sandstone foundations?

I’ve added the above questions @DeadSpine

5 Likes

More reporting is always welcome!

Succinct.

I need to gain a level so I can spend a few points on that attribute.

My thanks!

I remember Oscar saying that they couldn’t keep the hold drawn while aiming because of the new paradigm as the root motion attacks, tho, since this is the problem, I imagine it can be solve like this:

Heavy attack makes you aim and start to eat stamina, the more you aim, the more it eats, to release the arrow, you click Fast attack, this way it will count as a heavy attack of course, and we will release the arrow by will, like in Chivalry.

Another thing, I think bow dmg shouldnt change, what they need to buff is Accuracy value per point, a buff in the 3 and 5 perk by 20%. That way only the players who invest Acc will have good bow dmg, separating other players who just carry the bow for ranged optional dmg, so they can’t do as much dmg as Archers with ACC.

5 Likes

Thank you for the explanation and I like and agree with everything else in your post. It all seems reasonable and achievable.

I agree they should buff those perks a bit more. And after playing with a full accuracy build o think they should replace the 2nd perk that gives arrows ricochet. It’s pretty useless because it’s near impossible to predict where it will ricochet and the only time I even landed shots was if I was intentionally missing to hit a ricochet shot. I can’t really think of s good idea but something that doesn’t ride on you missing shots would be better.

2 Likes

I agree, and actually, although ricochet is a cool thing, its not that advantage for an Archer, because a player who favors Bows is someone who likes to aim to hit the target, so that perk could be changed to something like " Ranged heavy attacks are 20% faster", it would be more helpful than ricochet shots.

2 Likes

Good justification, TwinCrows. It would be cool if, in addition to the hyena pack, that there’s some lone priest or priestess up on a hill side (within sight of one’s base) waving arms or chanting or doing some voodoo dance ritual to help ‘sell’ it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

That would be awesome, “Rapid Reload, shoot arrows 20% faster”. Reflects how the character has learned to be faster with the bow. Honestly, Trick Shot is cool, but many of us would much prefer something else and less gimmicky. If we invest 20 points into accuracy, we want a perk that makes it worth it. Trick Shot does not matter anymore, especially after the bow nerf.

I’ll add this request for a different 20 Accuracy perk.

2 Likes

Exactly this. I single sorcerously themed humanoid in the mix would make it much more compelling. At some point I hope they do this as well as having the purge disband if you manage to slay the leader.

1 Like

Added as a question/suggestion. Last I heard, they plan on still developing the taming system, as well as the sorcery system. Maybe not for launch, but it could happen eventually.

1 Like

@TikaTheHungry and @Bodin - The healing and conversion meta of the monks on the battlefield in Age of Empires is something special. I would really love a thrall who could target-heal allies and convert enemy NPCs.

27_wololo

3 Likes

Good one! …

I was thinking about Agility too, when they first come with the perks I loved the old one…

" Agility

10 Points:
Doubles your jump height.
20 points:
Uppon taking damage from ranged attacks gain “Adrenaline Rush” doubleling your movement speed for 1.5 second, 30 second cooldown.
30 Points:
After using active dodge, gain “Momentum” which increases attack speed by 50% and all damage by 15%. 30 second cooldown
40 points:
Your climbing speed is doubled.
50 Points:
Learn ability “Ground roll” which is a modified version of active dodge, allowing you to roll back on your feet after a knockdown. "

Of course it doesnt need to be exactly like that, but I think the 2nd perk could be more than Cat Fall, something more like an increase in climbing speed, or even better yet, each point in agility could increase climbing speed by a bit.

2 Likes

In some cases having the purge spawn in and on bases is just lazy. I love the game but have to say it feels really rushed and last minute.

I’d like to see some kind of perk changed in Agility to reducing fall damage. That would couple nicely with the increased climbing speed. Not sure what would be fair for game balance (20% reduction, 50% reduction, ?) nor how many points it should cost in Agility (maybe even scale with points – 10% reduction at 10 points, 20% reduction at 20 points, 50% reduction at 50 points)?

1 Like

Doesn’t trick shot also make arrows bounce of the water instead of hitting the diving target?

I read all the messages and realized that we are playing a different game, you probably play on pv servers or them, but on pvp servers I did not see archers, I see only people with Mithra spears or just with spears, no one rocks accuracy and dexterity already has a standard of 40 strength and 40 stamina above the load capacity and the stamina. With the Mithra spear, any player in any armor will die from 2 to 3 strikes. They need to balance this, or else there will be a game about hoplites.

3 Likes

Blargh!!! Really? That really trolls the archer -_-

if you want to see some purge testing : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249746485

1. Will there be GM:s on official servers at launch?

2. Will there be a queue system to join servers that are full?

3. Is there already or will there be a system that automatically kicks people who are afk for too long?