Raid Finder vote kick feature getting abused already

So today I was in RF in new BRC. Someone started a vote to kick the main tank who was tanking (well standing in front of) Imp and then was holding full time aggro on Leviathus.

Please let us show who starts the kick votes like you do with the ones who iniaties a vote to retreat.

Not suprised this system would be abused and misused by trolls. All I want is to get rid of the AFK-leechers.

5 Likes

I really hope devs donā€™t pay too much attention to this topic.

Some of the names that are complaining here were standing at the entrance door of raidfinder just a few weeks ago. One of them wasnā€™t even afk but just liked to mock the players doing the work for him in raidchat.

May kickvote find you every time

5 Likes

Holding aggro on Levi is seriously hard job. Like really? :roll_eyes:

Iā€™ll tell you a secret, Levi is probably the easiest raid boss to tank in this game ever. Maintanking Levi is simply brainless job. What makes this fight difficult is timing of the one shot removal.

So unnessessary to argue about how hard it is to tank levi, that wasnt the point of his post, he still shouldnt have been kicked based on what xerzex wrote.

I bet there will always be negative aspects of any system put in against AFKers, but like yoelrey said, many people in this thread is peopel that have been afking before.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that. But guess we are talking about diffrent things.
Could have been Ehtram-Fal, Thoth-Amon or any RF-boss its the boss fight per se Im talking about.

For some reason people did at vote kick agaisnt the main tank (chat was broken so it was no trolling there and he was obviously not afk ). So if people wanna troll vote just to be annoying it would be nice to see who that troll is. Like we see who initiates the retreat voting.

2 Likes

He deserved to be kicked for being afk-not joining the fight at Imp (who is way harder boss to deal for tanks than Levi) Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying.

I see where you are coming from. Non working chat could probably be the only reason why not to kick him.

As the saying goes, ā€œyou have to crack some eggs to make an omeletteā€

Xerzex was making a joke about hard it is to tank Impā€¦that so long as you can survive it IS NOT hard ā€¦ getting into him fast with a couple of white hit to grab his attention so he doesnā€™t randomly one shot people in the raid ā€¦and then IF you do not need to have another tank take it from you because you are strong enough ā€¦you just stand and let him hate youā€¦
He didnā€™t say the guy was AFK and not participating ā€¦just that he was tough enough not to need someone to swop with him on the Imp whilst the rest killed Athyr-bast.
And no where was it claimed it was hard to tank Levi ā€¦but the point was a Vote-Kick was initiated DURING the fight against someone who was obviously doing their raid role as a tankā€¦so the vote-kick was not being used to try and remove someone who was causing disruption to the raid ā€¦but instead was trying to be used TO disrupt the raid by removing the aggro-holding tank.

I still do not agree that the name of the person initiating the vote should be shown.
Changing it so you can only initiate one or two vote-kick per raid would limit the troll-opportunities.
We just have to accept that some will be unsocial and initiate vote-kicks for their own amusement and trust the majority of the raid will think before clicking and select NO when they can see no justification for removing the player. And Iā€™ve seen this happen - a very disliked person had two or 3 vote-kicks initiated against them ā€¦and all the votes failed as he was participating in the fight and causing no disruption.

2 Likes

I see. I wasnā€™t in this W3 RF yet, so I have no idea how Athar Bastyr encounter was dumbed down. But I also pointed out the only reason to kick is afk-not joining the fight

oh iā€™m not talking about RF W3ā€¦iā€™m talking about the real Wing 3ā€¦in runs where people are bringing their stronger toons to get through in a speed run to knock out a craft for someone ā€¦ having one tank hold Imp with a healer whilst rest beat Athyr-bast as quick as they can with a focus on topping the parse and ripping it from the Athyr-bast tanks IF they can ā€¦and the Athyr-bast tanks laughing as dps fails to pull. ā€¦ the runs where more people die in mass trash pulls than they do in the boss fightsā€¦ah good timesā€¦

Yeah, Kwalya explains what I failed to relay. He was there and ā€œtankingā€ imp but its just to stand there and being hated. And both fights are really dumbed down and no bowl running needed in Leviathus (off course) for example. :slight_smile:

The new troll thing seems to be the doors at Levi. But that is for another thread I gues :slight_smile:

I still think the vote-kick-option is a good cahnge. This additions would improve it (mentioned a lot befor in this thread, just trowing this in for more weight):

To identify trolls who misuse the feature:

• Showing who initiated the vote
    (I diagree with @Kwalya, someone who has the balls to vote-kick someone should have the balls to deal with the ā€œconsequencesā€. Aside from PvP and the rf befor the change there is not much a troll can do - if someone is a decent and helpfull person and acting like that in AoC, it is almost impossible to destroy his/her reputation. Most people are smart enough to judge by actions, not by namecalling of a troll in global).
  • Giving a cd or number of some sort, so a character can not spam votes endlessly (one can only start one vote each minute, or only three in every raidā€¦something like this)

To help unexpierienced players, or give more deepth to the system:

• A window with multiple choice for the reason, or a free text possibility, that will pop up with the vote window (like the ā€œguild application free textā€ you can send to an inviter of a guild).
    This will not help with trolls, obviously.

Behind the curtain it would be really helpdfull to collect the data, how often someone is getting kicked.

4 Likes

Show who initiated the vote kick is a silly idea.

So if I want to vote kick some AFKer, itā€™ll say ā€œEvito initiated a vote kick on ā– ā– ā– ā€ , so that guys pissed off now and next raid finder, that guy is probably gonna initiate a vote kick against me, and thereā€™s enough sheep that will just go along with a kick that it might work.

So, no thatā€™s not an answer to anything.

Like I said before, just limit the vote kicks to 2 per person if itā€™s so much of a problem. That way youā€™d need a co-ordinated group of trolls to cause problems with it.

Trolls arenā€™t as much of a problem as the idiots that donā€™t know anything, for example in the rf I was in ,someone started a vote kick on a ranger and campaigning others to vote him out on Ethram Fal because ā€˜he was afk at the doorā€™ when he was actually spawning bombs at range and dpsing (he was somewhere mid parse). Iā€™m pretty sure there no solution to idiocy, so flaws gonna be flaws, but better than nothing.

ps; where is the mini game vote kick feature?..

2 Likes

Ok hereā€™s one thing that is stupid with the vote kick. You donā€™t have to give the reason youā€™re wanting someone kickedā€¦ if you start a kick on someone you should have to type in a reason so the raid can see why it was started. Thatā€™d help people make a decision or cull the trolls from being successfulā€¦

4 Likes

Yes, there should be a reason for vote kick. Just implement a drop down menu of probably only 5 reasons actually needed and should be fine.

I agree. Right now, any time I see a vote start, I assume they might be afk, and immediately look to find the person, then check the parse to see if the vote is legitimate.

It would be really nice to see a reason for every kick request so I would know what to look for.

Personally I havenā€™t seen any real abuse of this feature. One improvement I would suggest is to make it impossible to start a kick vote while the current boss is active. This would prevent a lot of the trolling described above. Plus, I would rather the people actually involved in the raid actually be paying attention to the encounter rather than worrying about possible leechers. Lastly, it would prevent that pop-up box from distracting me in the middle of the fight.

Apologies for repeating this if anyone else has mentioned this idea. I didnā€™t see it, but may not have read all of the posts.

Just wait till we get to T3 lower, then vote kicking will be extensive. People better learn how to do miasma and blood draw really quickā€¦

2 Likes