Raid relic conversions

I am starting to believe that even if funcom cared at some point about investing in AoC and do something nothing would happen due to the community itself having a difficult time agreeing to what we want. :stuck_out_tongue:
I wouldnā€™t nerf any Raids though thats for sure, just decrease time and amount requirements of stuff due to the low population.
Rest is all about fixing or expand abandoned and unfinished content and mechanics such as blocking and step dodge eliminate some stuff that break balance fix class balance and combat tradeoffs and make things in such a way where doing content makes you progress and unlocks access to further content.
Slacking AFKing or be RF and WB Zombie not getting you anywhere and thatā€™s it.

I would also fix Connection and Payment System.

I wouldnā€™t mind if every zone was Epic Mode actually requiring people to team up to survive provided enemies arenā€™t damage sponges of course but thatā€™s just me. I am too old school.

One interesting addition was the latest, adding the dungeon finder. With the low level dungeons in it. Imagine if they added all dungeons to it, or atleast a selection of 80 dungeons. And gave a couple of shards / khitai relics etc etc as reward. And for the lowlevel dungeons, give increased experience gain, so that you can level to 80 trough dungeons (if you want). I cant even figure out what the point was doing the effort of creating the infrastructure of that dungeonfinder, when just a little bit more work could do such a massive diffrence for the game.

2 Likes

Not sure if youā€™ve played the low level dungeons via the finder, but they totally half assed it and it sucks. Most of those dungeons donā€™t have a Rez pad so if you wipe you have to reform the group and enter the instance all the way at the start. If you enter some of the dungeons as a full 6 party they spawn people into the wall.
Imo only changes that would nice are to remove RF, OS, WB, pet arena and add t7 but that will never happen lol

5 Likes

Or, at the very least, add shards to the K6 dungeons.

Has been suggested a thousand times, and has pretty much reached a consensus in the community. At this point we should absolutely stop bothering ourselves with these discussions, itā€™s all wishful thinking. But I guess weā€™ve been parroting that phrase now for a long time.

Best one can do to enjoy the game is to find some friends and do the now obscure group content, not for any reward such as legendary rings and gems, but simply for the gameplay itself, which shows us AoC at its peak before they screwed it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying it for over a decade; the game needs an offline mode. Solo play through original content up until you beat TA; Switch on and offline with limitations, and be prepared with your blue-geared limited crud (an example of a limitation) to get wiped in anything on.

At least this way you can experience the whole gameā€™s story. This could even include Khitai, with severaly reduced farming requirements. Merely completing a quest advances you through factions, not some stupid point score + tokens system. a la EVERY other RPG out there.

Idk about thatā€¦ I mean, itā€™s an MMO. Sure, itā€™s a dead one, but itā€™s still intended and designed as a multiplayer game. The best content has always been multiplayer content. The solo dungeons (isle, DMH, refuge, forgotten city, Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some) are good but nothing exceptional.

Making solo offline versions of raids would not only be a f*ck ton of work (so it will never happen), the resulting gameplay would also be mediocre at best.

2 Likes

I cannot disagree with this !

1 Like