Refund for "Authentication Failed" error

I would like a refund, I cant play the game as it says “Authentication Failed” I believe this is based on the fact that I have a ban on my Steam account from years ago. Not getting into the actual ban, but the fact that Funcom now decided to remove my access to play the game ad-hoc, I would like a full refund and I suggest everyone else that has this issue do the same, as there are legal and moral obligations here.

The thing is that if it’s not Funcom related then it’s not relevant to them nor their problem. Nonetheless they’re not like an Esports game that would go to those lengths. It may just be coincidence. The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with the change that they made with Familty Sharing.

Eventhough, I never shared this game with my familty since both my wife and son have their own copies of this game. But it’s most likely deriving from that since that affects who can and cannot log in.

Also, straight from Steam:

"Cheating in one of the following Source games or a Source mod will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list below:

• Counter-Strike: Source
  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Team Fortress 2

Similarly, cheating in one of the following Gold Source games will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list below:

• Counter-Strike
  • Condition Zero
  • Ricochet
  • Day of Defeat
  • Team Fortress Classic
  • Half-Life: Deathmatch
  • Deathmatch Classic

None of those games are from our friends at Funcom.

FYI, if you try joining a server with no VAC you get the same result. So it unrelated but sort of related…weird asf. But for sure it has to with the whole family sharing deal. With so many issues and bugs you’d think they wouldn’t tackle so something so complicated.

you are mistaken, if the steam is disabled on the server, you can easily connect to him.
test machine DirectConnect 188.124.36.153:9999

screen

You are mistaken, we are talking about official servers.

rly?

sry for my bad english

1 Like

To get a refund you must
Contact the retailer that you bounced it from and work it out with them funcom can’t help you

Yup

I dont even care

ill just add FUN COM to my do not buy ever again list

Please continue the conversation in this other thread: