Remove Event Log and Player List

Solo players and small clans does not dare to attack larger clans in fear of retribution because of Event Log. There is no room for thrilling rogue raids. I’m apart of a medium sized clan who sort of sits on the top of our server, and nobody wants to attack us because of Event Log. It should be as it was before, its too easy to just check event log every 5 min to see if a small base on the other side of the map is under attack, and who is attacking. Its a game without modern technology, so it dosent really make sense to have Event Log.

And Player List aswell. Shouldnt be possible to see whos in certain clans. It used to be that you would have to “gather intelligence” to find out who is playing with whom. Now its just a press of a button, and you know who is in which clan and if that clan is on or not. Ruins the thrill of uncertainty.

5 Likes

Bumping for justice

A) This dramatically reduces faulty bug reports. (“My furnace disappeared!”)

B) People are/were tracking players through Battlemetrics, Steam, and other meta-game sites

C) There are many instances where this creates PvP

D) There are many ways to work around logs if you really want to remain anonymous – get creative

Agree whole hearted with it, the events log was a tool for early access, now its a meta game tool.
Player list is not so bad but I think it is still a meta game tool.
As an alternative it could be turned into an admin only command and show log from each player.

1 Like

I agree as well. The event log can also be “abused”, raiders only raiding buildings when owners are offline

1 Like

That is called meta game, using a rule or tool outside of normal gameplay to abuse the game.
In this case in no way the game chracters would have access to a event log or player list that discloses clan members and level.

As previously mentioned it is fairly easy to circumvent the Event Log if you are creative. Also given that the tools are available inside the environment and prescribed rule set of the game they are not instances of Meta gaming.

I do think that Game play would be a bit more interesting without the Event Log or Player List but without server chat it might be difficult to make a server feel cohesive without them.

I play on console. ps4. how can you circumvent the Event Log (and Player List if you have any ideas). I have deliberately used certain placeables at each of my workshops to determine which were attacked by players/purges as a way to avoid patroling except to reset the decay timer. However, I would be totally excited to not have the event log and the player list at all.

They just announced they’re improving the event log to be more detailed, so I guess you’re sh*t out of luck.

Besides, if you’re afraid of being found out for the destruction you cause, you’re a crappy barbarian.

LOL! man

but anyway, i dont like player list or event log
1 list ruin the thrill of unexpected meetings other players
2 event log kills the idea to gather info from other people (buy info who raided from you neighbors and etc)
3 but i see the point why people think LOG is usefull, i just like roleplay situation without it

1 Like

Removing the event log would make it easier to stab people.in the back than it already is. If your afraid of retaliation for attacking someone’s base, don’t attack their base. Or stop acting like a like a little girl.

I think the event log needs improvements. Currently, it just says a foundation was destroyed, and you don’t know who’s foundation it was. Also would like to differentiate between ruin and players, but it would be totally fine to make the event log so that players names aren’t specified.

1 Like

They announced in their stream that they are making the event log more in depth. What was destroyed, where, when, by who or what. As well as a separate section for dead thralls.

The only thing they plan on implementing that I think is excessive and unnecessary is that they plan on having a log section for items stolen from a chest or workstation, detailing what and how many of it was taken per station, by who, what time

Mind you, I’m on the side that doesn’t get attacked because smaller clans are afraid of retaliation.

It simply does not make sense that we should know who attacks us - it actually breaks immersion if anytihng. If this was game set in the modern era, then you could argue that we had some AI that told us based on visual recordings, dna evidence, ect, that this or that group are the likely suspects of attack.

1 Like

There is a solution for this,but FC will never do it because you know, requires a bit work to implement, and they like to do things “cheap and simple” enough.

The event log should show who damaged your base while you were offline, if online it won’t show, but you hear a sign that one of your bases are being attacked, like a horn as the Purge,or explosion representing Jars.

The player list indeed should only shows Character and Steam names, no clans because that is a thing that must be known thro exploration.

As a lot of features in this game, the event log could be better done, but oh well, its FC, lets just enjoy the good ideas and hit by the boredom when it comes.

1 Like

this is DUMB AF

1 Like

I do not dare to attack alpha clan on my server because of event log. Not alone, and that is forcing me to try to gather allys. Yes I could stab them without event log but I can be stabed too. Like a player from other side of the map I will never know who is he or she. This is fine, I’m ok with that. But when this is happening when I am offline the major of fun I could get from defending is not existing in that form of gameplay. I agree to removing even log but only when I can be destroyed when I am online.

1 Like

Remove the event log!! OMG why you want to destroy all the fun? I left the game because of that. Decide what you want to do with your game. Is it a survival/building game or a rpgmmo (with 40 players lol) ? This feature destroy the fun from the game. There are many many ways to implement it correctly. What i mean?

1. You can add thralls that scout your base. if someone damage your building or your thralls they will inform you. (So hostile players will gonna see that you have scouts and will not harm you from that side, they will try to find a way without your scout see them)
  2. Add guild roles in the game and password protected doors/chests. I want to add random players in my guild and i am afraid if someone destroy my building or steal my stuff. You can’t control the players!
  3. Add a banker thrall, he will record everything about your stuff. What is the total quantity of each of your items in your chests and then he will tell you which guild member pick the item.
  4. Add player trader thralls. Right now you see a big player made town with nothing to do in there (pve, pve-c servers). Add some trader thralls that can sell a list of items.
  5. Add cross server (PVE, PVE-C, PVP) instance arena fights. No lag, no rubber banding. Go out of an arena (jungle, desert, forest, snow) and queue for a fight. Maybe solo / duo / squad fights? With a feature like that, pvp players in pve-c servers will gonna have some fun and will not gonna try to kill everyone. And now you will tell me that ‘if you are a pvp player, join in a pvp server’. I will answer NO! I hate raiding bases but i love PvP.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.