Remove the Orochi Tower

Ah, we’ll see. I’m sure there’s a way to run those missions naked :smiley:
Here we’d come back to point sinks that don’t further increase power, but rather let us spend them on stuff. Let’s see what the future brings. I’m still positive.

1 Like

I can see that as a sort of issue in itself - after all, some missions would lose their luster if… the supposed powerful foe(s), went down with a single press of a button. :confused: I gotta say, that I am curios about these so called changes that they presented for us - hoping that it, would give us something to toy with for a while.

As far as speculation goes (from my end) … I dare to admit, that I hope these missions will be re-playable… y’know, either for the sake in itself… or heck, in case some bugs causes the cutsceens or the entire mission to crumble down like a house of cards. Either way, I’m pleased to be looking forward to further implamentations,

i enjoyed the tower in SWL after doing it in TSW, felt much more rewarding and like an actual culmination of everything so far.
It did take me a few days to complete it, since i could only play a short time each day though.
I understand that some people think it’s long, probably those who don’t check on lore, don’t read the things, don’t listen to NPCs or any of the game fluff, because thats what made each floor interesting.

To me it’s much worse to have to grind the exact same dungeons for gear/exp than orochi tower ever was, that’s much more boring and feels the same since you’re doing the exact few dungeons each time and no one seems to complain about that.

3 Likes

Would that really be wise? Making manufactory an extra big pain in the ■■■, when most people don’t even care about story dungeons?

The note about it says that at higher difficulties you will be able to face now challenges for more rewards so… Sounds like you can replay it to me…

Well that’s simply grand! :smiley: This is good indeed.

Wisdom went out of the door long ago here. SWL is in the works for 2.5 years now and they managed to advance the oh so precious story by six main missions.
Therefore I consider a little more backtracking, heeding all the “AEGIS wasn’t that bad” calls, a totally feasible thing.

3 Likes

That’s a bit of a stretch, given a proper, meaningful story-oriented re-introduction of the mechanic would’ve needed to happen with the tower at the very latest.

1 Like

I keep looking at the Tower the same way I looked at the issues, a means to learn more about the story, the imminent danger that lies within or lurks in the shadiest of Roman baths. Here’s a run-down :wink:

Without it, I’d feel we would lose a valueable platform for further connection with the games overarching plot, the factions (Yes, I count ALL of them as factions, albait only three playable) … so with the tower gone, less sense in keeping the MF, Penthouse and MFB … well or rather re-introducing it that is.
After all, it did connect with the actual final fight with Lilith… so yeah. (Main topic)

This is my thoughts put down on paper, keep in mind, it’s fully subjective:
(Sub-topic)

I keep thinking about the Tyler freeborn mission line, alongside with the Spy setting for our transylvanian issue - both got me sold, for different reasons… and both got me some encounters I’d call tedious or ardious to deal with… YET, I loved the experience as a whole.

Each step giving us more to work with… sure I despised the Into The Dusty Dark, area and mission-wise … however for what it is worth - plenty of good gameplay (_not my suit, but not bad_at all, not in the slightest!), the lore is neat as well. For the once who wishes to fill in the sets of additional achievements… well there’s a small few to grab along the entire issue in itself! (which again, not my thing - but not a bad way to incentives others.).
NB!: (parts will be mentioned on further down, but not in its full entirety.)

My main focus point throught the second playthrough in TSW and all of the following to show after… as well as throughout SWL, were it’s characters… mythos and stories.

Let’s see here… ah, there we got a topic! :smiley:

The unknown amongst myth and reality shifting.

1. The Red Sargassum sea - It carries a dreamer of it’s own… many forget how intregral it is… as the story about these beings is overlooked by some… more than others. … and it gives the fog and every little aspect some more room for thinking and theorizing. Heck I can’t say it enough, it brought us more context to what had so very little to follow up… between each larger span. (if one overlooks KM’s main set and setting of course. with the Fog, and the pale men)
  • Due to the time between the final missions in each branch… being days, weeks even between, heck months for the very few … still.
    (BM, during the final mission during the Dawn of the Endless night. CotSG during the climatic end at the struggle within the black pyramid (I can’t consider this difficult, but from a story-only perspective… well the overpowering masses would be daunting without some assistance!) - Black sun, Red sand.
    Then we end up with yet another run in, during the conclusion of Mortal Sins.

“Dreamers” - PS, would’ve loved some small hints printed on a shirt with some quotes throughout the story and throughtout the few points of vocal interractions.

1. The Last Train To Cairo - with it’s conclusive mission… well I will admit, I still have no love for the train section… not in TSW nor in SWL.
  • That being said, due to it’s story involvement… and Saïds offering us the knowledge, regarding the first Zero-Pathogen explosive… helped explain some concepts that, if remmembered would give more, tone to the serious… situation we’ve been placed into. As we gather more, knowledge, eventually getting to know more about Fear Nothing, and the inner circles of the Mourning light (pri-SA). … As stated in a wiki (http://villains.wikia.com - give it a glance, at your own risk.), Aten is theorized to be amongst the Dreamers.

There’s more… but I won’t dive into that at this current hour. :slight_smile: let’s just say… that I’m glad that not everything is mandatory, then again I hoped things would be less streamlined… but with more enthasis of the whole pictures with the details and all - not just the frame it came with.

• just my 2 cents, worth of thoughts.

Sorry it’s taken so long to reply, I don’t usually come here.

You don’t. The floors are part of the story. They tell the background of what Orochi is doing, the kinds of things going wrong, etc… It ties in all the bits of why Orochi seems to be everywhere. If you want to skip to only the bits you like, well, sorry.

My appologies. I must have misunderstood.

But I will disagree that “skip content” is a good fit for their monetary policy. Time = Money. Pay to Progress. You’re right in that. But they force you to go through most content to GET to endgame. (MEZ, Elite Dungeons). No amount of money is going to get you to level 50 faster. You can max out your blues before you leave Solomon Island, but you still can’t run Endgame. You still can’t do every dungeon. Hell, you couldn’t even wear certain items until you hit the proper level, which can only be done with running missions. Plus anima shards.

If they added in an player XP booster? Yeah. Then you could get to 50 faster and run all the duneons. But so far, what it seems to me, is that their monitary policy is “pay to skip the grind after you’ve done all the story”.

https://youtu.be/CSQ4rElDxeY

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The tower isn’t the most thrilling content, but the floors are fast, and the Penthouse is a medicine that calms the rise of the tower.

There is a lot of content that I don’t like (oh god ! these undercover missions !! :transpiration:), but I know that it’s good for others and it’s only a few minutes to do some things much more fun after.

I prefer that Dev’s devote their time to new content, taking into account the negative views on the future and that they don’t lose to remodifying existing content for a long time.

2 Likes

I like the tower. Did it at least three times, and some easier floors even more, for dailies. It was quick, easy and fun the first time, and it is quick, easy and fun now, that I have 3 times more IP. I don’t get it how it is too hard for some. Then again, when I did the tower, I had all the lore and missions done in all previous zones, and all missions and most of the lore in Kaidan. Maybe revisit what you missed, do some dungeons, buy some better gear from market, tweak your build… you know, instead of asking for change, be the change.

3 Likes

It’s not hard, it’s dull. It’s 21 floors of office space with minor variations. There hasn’t been anything as repetitive as the current version of the tower since we left behind i8 and the NM AEGIS grind.

2 Likes

Well, there is grinding the same 5 dungeons for distillates to get to grinding slightly harder versions of the same 5 dungeons for even more distillates. The new, do all floors incarnation of the tower actually fits that SWL “make it as boringly repetitive as possible” design philosophy perfectly.

1 Like

And they had to plaster giant company logos all over the place just to remind you that you are, indeed, on a different floor. Only a handful of them truly stand out, IMO.

2 Likes

Yes, yes there is. There is ten entire tiers of the same five dungeons, from 100 IP to 1000 IP that makes the NM AEGIS grind look up and say, that’s what I want to be when I grow up.

The Orochi Tower isn’t even remotely that repetitive. For one, it only needs doing once.

3 Likes

Elite progression is entirely optional. The tower is mandatory if you want to progress through the story. I just did it for the fifth or sixth time since the relaunch because I don’t want my alts to stay stuck in Kaidan.

But we can agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair, NM AEGIS was entirely optional too.

1 Like

I would never want it removed. I enjoy it much better the way it is in SWL. Orochi tower is one of the sections of the game I always find it a pleasure to replay. I feel it’s unique and paints quite a picture of horror by itself.

The only thing I wish was any different is the stupid headlamp-required portion where you have to go back to your stash for no reason when it’s ridiculous that you can’t make your own light with your magic in the first place.

I never had to backtrack for batteries in that mission.

And I wouldn’t want the tower to be removed, just cut down to maybe 4-5 representative floors. One of each “type” (kill, stealth, traps, etc). Or 8, one for each company. There’s no way those 21 floors were ever designed to be run consecutively.