Reoccuring connection problem

This particular issue has happened to me several times over the past few months without rhyme or reason. I’ll begin with the original occurance, and list what I’ve attempted to resolve the situation.

First occurance:

1. Start CE and attempt to log into a private, modded server.
  2. Game does mod check, as usual, all is well. Game restarts, even if mod list is proper and there are no issues, but I’d come to expect that.
  3. Game starts and I get the splash screen for the DLC store… which is odd. So I get out of that and back to the main menu. However, instead of the game automatically logging me in to the chosen server, it sits there and does nothing.
  4. I attempt to log in manually once again, and I get the error: Could not connect to server. Unique ID not valid!

I did several things to resolve the situation. Unsubscribe from all mods, restart Steam, resub, and try again. Verify files in Steam. Reinstall the bloody game. Edit mod list manually in game, and copy all content of modlist.txt to the servermodlist.txt to avoid the game having a sudden braincramp, since they are both exactly the same now.

The only thing that FINALLY worked was to uninstall Steam and reinstall the ENTIRE thing. I did this the first time, and edited my modlists to be perfect mirrors of each other once more, and voila, I was able to log in.

For about four days. Then the issue repeated itself.

The second time I reinstalled Steam again, edited modlists, and yay! I could connect, and this time it worked for about a month and a half. Now, alas, I’m back at square one. Somehow, the game is having an error -after- checking the mods to make sure I have the same ones as the server, and restarting the game to log me in. I really do NOT want to have to reinstall Steam every couple of months, even with fast internet it is a huge pain in the ■■■ to reinstall every game I play just because the mod list checker for CE has an anurism. The first time this happened I searched and searched, but couldn’t find many mentions of this issue. I came here and searched, and found that this has occured even when a player tries to log into a server without mods, so I seriously doubt it’s a mod issue, particularly when the problem shows up after the game’s built in mod checker has been (hopefully) doing it’s job.

As a side note, this issue never cropped up prior to the admittedly cool and nice mod checker/downloader you folks came up with at the game’s release. It’s an awesome idea. But apparently it breaks. Help!

Hey @Siomir1969

We’ll relay this information to our team to see if there’s any issue with the mod loader. Just in case, could you check if any of the mods you’re subscribed to has any known issue that would explain this behavior?

Haven’t found any that have a known issue linked to this, and it appears to be a very rare issue. It’s happened with multiple modlists as well.

1 Like

This gives me the most reliable connection to a server. I now just make this my standard procedure.

That is what I typically do, with different mod lists for different servers, all saved in a separate folder. Pain in the butt, but the same thing we had to do prior to the game’s actual release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.