Returned to Game, CTDs every time I play now

I have played SWL off and on since its launch, and I have never before encountered this, but I cannot play for more than 20 minutes without getting a CTD. I am not terribly proficient with computers or debugging these sorts of things, but I found in the event log mention of Exception code: 0xc00000fd. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

I have my latest video driver update.

Thanks

Sounds like the nvidia ram leak striking again.

1 Like

Also finding a consistent memory crash in Kaidan.

I can teleport from anywhere in game to Kaidan, and it is fine. My first teleport within Kaidan has consistently each day caused a swift teleport to my desktop with the error message.

Not figured out how to resolve yet.

That’s easy: don’t teleport within Kaidan :v:

Sorry, just had to. You left yourself wide open for that one.

Husband also just suggested I run my sides elsewhere lol :smiley: happy I feel so backed up with my problems today hehehe

1 Like

Here I am back trying again, and the same thing is still happening. Funcom needs to improve the stability of their game!

Just to state to obvious; if you haven’t in the Options tab of the launcher make sure you’re running DirectX 9 Client (not DirectX 11).
I had a ton of disconnects until I switched that, and haven’t had a problem since.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

I see two .exe’s. I am not pointed at the one with DX11.

Well, I did some checking, and it seems I was running DX11. Not sure why they have two exe’s if they both do the same thing. I will try DX9 and see if the CTDs stop.