Ridiculus PvE XP reward for PvP players

We have asked for many years to be able to stop pve xp gain on our characters so we could keep them within purity dungeon levels…

The xp gain, as I’ve read it, can only be disabled for pvp kills. Which would mean you still cannot continue to play your char in the world outside of mini’s/pvp if you want to stay within purist range.

And yet lowbie minis are dead

The option should actually completely disable PvE XP gains entirely, not just PvE XP gains from PvP kills.

4 Likes

Pve xp for pvp kills, sounds strange to me. its two different kinds of in-game activity. Isnt it why we have pve AND pvp xp?
Im sure remember that ppl asked for option to swich off pve xp gain for purist inst. and its good that now we get this option.
What is the point to add pve xp to pvp kill? why pve players will not get pvp xp for pve kills?
I think will be fair for pve players, that if you add pve xp for pvp kills, than you should add pvp xp gain for killing bosses in solo instances like Forgotten city, Refuge, Iron statues…

I see it more as one additional and optional option to level up. PvP content and power is tied to PvE levels, but there is no PvE content that is tied to PvP progression or levels. So the only way to really progress in PvP is to do PvE, too. But you can perfectly fine progress to end content in PvE without ever touching PvP.
This change gives PvP players the option to solely (well, almost) progress in PvP with the needed PvE EXP via PvP. And the best part: It is totally optional. You can switch of PvEforPvPEXP in minis and festivals.
If you are PvE questing on Fury with PvE EXP on, and you get in a PvP situation, then you might get PvE EXP via PvP without wanting that. But in that situation you want to gather PvE EXP anyway, so I can not see why anyone would be mad to get even more EXP via PvP.

Damn, I almost certainly mixed up PvE and PvP somewhere in here, but I think you get the point.

(PS: And if you are really nitpicky there allready is an option to progress in PvP via PvE, so this just kinds of levels the ground :wink: )

1 Like

This is a great idea people have been asking for for years. Hopefully it will get low level minis and open world pvp going again. Maybe low level minis will encourage more players to dip their toe into pvp since at lower levels the playing field is more even.

As for OP how you could possibly imagine this affects you or global in anyway is beyond me.

1 Like

not sure what you talking about

only pvp xp I got for some years is one that you get for killing charmed player in some pve instances like Scorpion cave, raids etc so my pve chars are on about 10-15% on the way to pvp lvl1.
with this change you can get out of Tortage then doing only pvp, lvl up to 80. or Im missing something? Im not against pvp, if someone like it, I`m happy till it not turn to trash/spam in chat. if swiching off pve xp gain will lead to some low lvl pvp activity, maybe will try it too. But pve xp gain for pvp kills, this is out of square.

let`s talk about other thing) how much?) for big one (lvl80), pvp lvl matters? mobs at Paikang are around 1k pve xp, so how much for the living one?

He is talking about Bori. Go smash rocks to gain PvP xp.

I disagree. What I hear you saying is it is ok to level up a PVP players PVE levels while PVP’ing, but not ok to level up PVP while doing PVE. As a player that refuses to PVP, (personal preference) I would still like to max my achievements, but I have no real way to do it short of massive PVP, which, as I have alluded to, I abhor.
So I disagree that it is ok for PVP players to level PVE with PVP kills but not PVP from PVE kills. PVP players would never have to do PVE again to get to 80, yet to even reach level 1 PVP I must PVP. Where is the parity in that?

1 Like

From a fairness point of view I agree with you, from a gamestyle point of view I think it is healthier for the game if you do not force people to play a cetrain content if they don’t like it. And i do not think it takes anything away from you, if other people get the chance to progress like that, but you do not.

And there is actually kind of a way to progress in PvP doing PvE content…well, not exactly, but you do not REALLY have to PvP if you do not want to - as @Piankhi sais, I am talking about Bori. That is farming ressource nodes, putting rare materials on an altar, and getting PvP EXP for that. The idea behind that is that ypu should fight over those nodes and altars and interrupt people who are gathering - but if you are alone on the zone, or only friendly people enter, then you can hit rocks in peace, leveling your PvP levels without every drawing a weapon.

the one thing you mention is not a solution to the problem. Bori, while you could, theoretically, level PVP this way, you would still be subject to PVP. So you have to wait until the zone is clear to do it. Someone sees you are in Bori and suddenly there is a group of PVP’rs looking for easy kills… and down you go.
But as a PVP player working for PVE exp, I never have to kill a mob, do a dungeon, PVE zones, PVE quests, but to get PVP points I must subject myself to PVP. Even in Bori, as you mentioned , I am subject to PVP.
Ok, so a solution would be in order.
How about a zone or dungeon that rewards PVP exclusively? (daily cool downs, etc…)
How about using PVE T1-T6 relics or dragon tears, rare relics, or other level 80 rewards to purchase PVP points.
Make it so only level 80 characters can earn or purchase PVP exp.

I don’t see how this would be a problem for the PVP players, since even a level 10 PVP who never plays PVP would be useless in PVP.
Just my opinion.

1 Like

I like that you put “lately” implying they’ve had oter bad ideas. You won the internet dude !
I agree, adding something like pvp xp so far ialong 10 years to be exact is a waste of resources and time.

You say you want to become pvp 10 because of the achievement. However you dont want to pvp. How about the other pvp related achievements? Minigame related achievements and kill related achievements? Fact is, if you dont want to have even a chance of pvp, you won’t get your achievements full.

On the other hand to put your proposal the other way around. It would be great if we could buy pve raid gear from tokens obtained in pvp :slight_smile:

Well on that, I believe that all level restrictions should be removed from current PvP gear, and increase the PvP levels to, who cares, you can make it 100 even.

Instead of rewarding the player with more power for PvP levels you’d get recolored armor with the same stats only available at x level and achievements. That way you have a form of progression that can be potentially be endless while not forcing any over-extensive grinding.

Yeah, I know it’s a dream but it’d make sense to me.

There’s also probably no reason why the T4 raid weapons couldn’t be placed in the armory for PvP tokens, wouldn’t support T5 being in there and T6 gear is supposed to useless in PvP anyway (yeah I know it’s not the case)

1 Like

I actually like these ideas. Would make pvp fun again if everything wasn’t so gear based. a Progression based on social rewards could be neat. Sadly it wont happen because the current dev team wouldn’t know where to begin to rewrite the gear code from the ground up like they did during the stat overhaul of 2011 (or whenever that was)