Roll dodging needs fixed

They need the first (heavy) spear poke to not stagger oponents as this messes up anny form of attack towards the spear user. this way poke and roll still exists but it wil be more of a danger.

1 Like

I do agree with this. If the stagger happens it should be on second poke or full combo.

I’m afraid it won’t. Or at least they need to remove the delay after the attack before you can dodge. No stagger + delay to dodge would mean that the spear wielder would always get hit back. Not only in PVP, but also in PVE. It would be the end of the spear + light armor style. The dodge delay already makes the spear a weak weapon against anything except a single opponent, because even if the target is staggered, the target’s buddies can stab and whack at you while you’re posturing with your spear and feeling smug about staggering your initial target.

As I’ve said, I used to use spear + light armor basically everywhere in PVE. Now I don’t because the spear has been vastly reduced in utility. It’s still good at poking single targets who can be staggered (which incidentally includes other players), less useful otherwise.

Not a very good idea, literally every single attack of any weapon staggers, why should this one be an exception? This would largely make the spear pointless as the whole point of the spear is reach and its ability to keep the enemy at bay.

If any further nerfs to spear are necessary, I would say it should be made a bit harder to hit with, narrowing down the area that gets hit with the stabs so that you have to use good timing and precision to hit and make it harder to hit multiple opponents with a stab (which would also somewhat justify using the light AoE attacks when fighting multiple opponents).

My two cents:
Heavy Armor and Agility aren’t that useful so spearroll is very common. If Heavy Armor actually offered protection against 40-50pt strength builds and Agility further made it so the tank archetype was a viable thing in PvP then spearroll wouldn’t be an issue - there would be an alternative.

i argee the heavy armor is to weak compared to medium and light. imo all armor reduction should be reduced of all armors making heavy have a reduction around 75% , Medium around50% (or less), light around (25% or less). i would also gugest making the base health higher so the armor can me a noticable factor while you still can absorb some damage with light armor. (cous base health)
.i mean heavy armor keeps thesame reduction but with more health they will get tankyer. while others have an increased healthpool but will also take more damage.

yeah im not a big fan that every attack gives stagger. i barly use light combos becous of this.

I think a slight decrease to light and slight increase to heavy would be better, it would give heavy the edge in protection and make even epic light less protective, which it should be, since it is virtually just clothes and the wearers should rely on mobility and not so much armor. Not sure you wanna reduce all armor, since then heavy just might be even more pointless and there also might be hardly any difference between the normal and epic versions. Or, alternatively, normal armor would provide very little protection and would therefore be almost pointless.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.