Seeking solutions for PvP issues

so you’re saying we can cap our fps at 30 and warp even more?

lol

I’m just saying the in-game “latency” is calculated in a strange way and you can manipulate it. Not talking about what other players see when you do that. I don’t think it makes much if any difference from their point of view (in some other games it would definitely). Although it’s harder to pull off sick movement with really ■■■■■■ fps.

From my experiences, the players I struggle hitting are not the low ping players that can play faster. They are the lagging players with 200-300 ping playing ranger/demo/necro and teleporting around.

There’s no benefit to playing faster if what you’re reacting to changes within your reaction time. If I try to drop a stun on someone in front of me, and they teleport 20m away, I don’t think it’s much of a benefit.

that was exactly the point… if you can induce higher ping, then you will be harder to hit :innocent:

as for low ping benefits they should be there… input lag is noticeable when you’re casting multiple instants.

also I’ve seen players on low ping hit people that they’re chasing (in a line) with combos more according to whats on the screen, as if the range of the weapon is more in order with what it is supposed to be. (maybe related to input lag as well?)

not saying which one is better btw.

Well you can give yourself an actual higher ping if you want to (with a faraway VPN or w/e). And I’m sure it can help in some ways here and there but overall the experience is far worse even on a caster.

I think you’re right. Sometimes it’s just speed modification, sometimes it’s warping, sometimes both and sometimes… can be everything. Hard to tell really. Some can use speedhacks in such a way that it isn’t much noticeable anyway. So there is no way to be sure.
Others also tend to modify ping in such a way so you can’t hit them. Happens in many MMOs.

What matters is, as long as someone starts warping or kiting at a 360 degree circle around me with sprint jumps and manages to also hit combos…

That haloween event ‘‘Blade of Sacrifice’’ looks very sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.