Serpent Man Weapons vs Dragonbone Weapons

Ok, Serpent Man recipes are harder to learn, requiring high heat-protection armor and a long journey right in the heart of a f***ed active volcano, but … jeez they are made of IRON for God’s sake !

They are made of Iron and they are stronger than STAR METAL and DRAGONBONE !

Let’s compare Dragonbone Arrows to Serpent-Man Arrows:
1 Iron Ingot makes 10 Serpent-Man Arrows.
1 Dragonbone makes 1 Dragonbone Arrow.

Yeah, the right answer is “WTF you got to be kidding”. They have similar stats (dragonbone ones are just a little bit better, with a 0,25% more Armor Penetration) and, other than being made in a much rarer material, their cost is 10 times higher.

My suggestion is:
1 - Make Serpent-Man stuff weaker (stronger than other Iron stuff, but weaker than Star-Metal/Dragonbone ones).
2 - Fix Dragonbone Arrows cost (1 Dragonbone = 10 Arrows) or make it worth it (30 Damage, 30% Armor Penetration - like the Legendary Dragon Bow).

Also it would be great if different materials have different properties. As for now, we have a lot of stuff with different materials but similar properties and this is sad.

For Example I would make:

• Star Metal stuff the ones with highest Armor Penetration
  • Dragonbone stuff the ones with highest Damage
  • Obsidian stuff the ones with highest durability (and I would add a great bonus against undead enemies - as GoT teached us ahahah).
1 Like

I always thought Serpentman weapons are a budget option for the late-game. Getting the recipes is not trivial, but once you do get it, you get access to low-maintenance end-game weapons.

Dragonbone, on the other hand, has a recipe that’s easy to get (you don’t need to kill the undead dragon - just run in, evade the skeletons and snakes, prod the recipe stone, and commence “getting the hell out of there” maneuvers. The weapons are good, but the materials require murdering some boss-level critters, and the weapons themselves are heavy.

There are advantages to both.

3 Likes

Yeah I do agree with you, both of them have their advantages but, for god’s sake, we’re talking about IRON weapons, not even Hardened Steel.

Murdering boss creatures, not gonna lie, is not that difficult with a good tanky thrall and a legendary weapon, but Iron Bars … that’s really TOO easy.

Also, Dragonbone Arrows really need to be fixed, regardless of everything else: 1 Dragonbone = 1 Arrow is really too much, instead they had a REAL advantage over other stuff (as I said, something like 30 damage 20% Armor Penetration) which would make them some super-end-game stuff that justifies their high cost.

No nerf please… We have enough nerfs.

But your suggestion looks nice.

PS.: If you kill Dragons daily, you have so many dragonbones that you dont even collect them anymore! So the bone isnt even an issue when crafting them, but the feathers. So changing the recipes would be great (make it 5-10 dragonbone and 3 feathers for 10 arrows or sth like that).

PPS.: Forget the huge amount of dmg or AP… As I said, when you play the game for some time you dont even pick up dragonbones anymore (the same with Ivory). Not even the Hollowbone arrows make that much dmg.

Yes feathers are a big deal indeed. Again Dragonbone Arrows should be fixed in cost.

As for the damage, we have Quivering Arrows that deals 40 damage (but they are a legendary item which is a rare loot from the Winged Death). However I don’t really like having different end-game materials performing all the same.

As I said they should have different properties:

• Star Metal: Armor Pen
  • Dragonbone: Damage
  • Obsidian: Durability + Damage vs Undead

That would be really great, giving all of them a different role:

• Star Metal for PVP
  • Dragonbone for PVE
  • Obsidian: for PVE vs Undead and for Tools

That would be awesome.

You also have theese: https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Hollowbone_Arrow

Rare drop from the Children of Jhils.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.