Single-player crashing while loading saved game!

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: Single-player/Co-op
Region: EU

I tried to load my Single-player save for the first time after the mounts update. Main menu–>Single-player/Co-op—>Continue. After a few minutes of loading the game crashed. I removed completely the only mod I was using called “Barbarism and armors”. But the game still crashes when trying to load saved game.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Edit: DakotaWindwalker is having the similar problem like I have.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/why-am-i-getting-this-error/99037

Доброе утро! Аналогичная проблема, игра вылетает .
При запуске игры все стандартно, идет загрузка. Перед самим входом в игру появляется ошибка Error от The UE4-ConanSandbox Game has crashed and will…далее появляется окно Funcome с описанием ошибки.
Все файлы Steam поверила, поврежденных нет. Использую, лицензионный дополнительный контент. Удалось 07.12. поиграть пол дня, но в рамках своего замка. Как только вышла в пустыню, снова вылет.
Как быть ?

You want us to post detailed accounts of the problem but screenshots and links to screens aren’t allowed by your forum… Really?

Yes, for a short time only, sorry. It’s designed to stop spam and other nefarious intents, certainly not to limit you.

If you post a link without the HTTP: in front of it, I will be glad to make it a proper link, once I have checked it out.

The most important information is preformatted at the top.

Regards

jim

If you post a link without the HTTP: in front of it, I will be glad to make it a proper link, once I have checked it out.

If the link above is not working then here you go.

I tested it yesterday. Started a new game. And it works with and without the mod I linked so it is not the mods fault. But my original save is still not want to load in.
Before I also checked the integrity of my game files. It found 1 file that couldn’t be checked and then it was re-downloaded by Steam. But the problem remained. Please Funcom HELP!

1 Like

Hey @Dragonman

By the looks of it this seems a common issue with this mod after the latest update. We’d suggest getting in touch with the mod author to prompt an update compliant with the new game version since it hasn’t been updated since October.

1 Like

Hello @Ignasis. I tested that mod with a new game and it is working with that and I could load the new save file. But loading my pre-update save is still crashing the game. So I don’t think it is the mod. I was able to load the old one before the update with no problem. Could it be that the PC version Single-player has crashing issues like the Xbox One version?

Kumiko I don’t get any error message like that. Only the Windows say that the sandbox.exe stopped working when I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Hi,
Also experiencing the same issue. Was playing right before the update, and couldn’t load without fatal error since the update. Deactiviting mods doesnot seem to work. I also don’t have this mod you mentioned.

After talking to some players experiencing the same issue, I think I see a pattern. That is we all have large amounts of huge buildings across the game map. Wonder if it is the case with you?
If so, maybe it have something to do with the new building mechanism mentioned somewhere in update log. Don’t know whether it is the case or how does it conflict. If only I can read codes.

Could it be that in your previous save you had features from the mod in the game? But since you didn’t build nor placed any in the new game it doesn’t coèflict (yet)?

I also just tried to load 2 different saved games and received a fatal error message both times. I do not have any mods in either of these saves. This is in a single player game.

Yes I have bases all over the map and some of them are big! This should be the problem! If anyone else has this problem please report it here and make Funcom know about it!

2 Likes

That sucks… I only play single player and I didn’t have any trouble since the update. Did you try to check the files on Steam?

Steam says my files are OK. I am able to start a new game with no issues. I am not sure what would be considered a lot of bases. I have 1 very small starter and 1 medium base in the desert and 1 medium sized base in the north. I also have 2 very small outposts.

Edit: I just reinstalled the game and I still cannot load my saved game I’ve had since beta. Last time I was on the game, Oct 14, 2019, it loaded no issues. Would hate to lose this save.

Yes I backuped my save and tried to do new game, servercleanup.bat. They would make this problem go away.
Then I run checkgamedb.bat on my save, it tells me all db files are ok. So the integrity of the save file should not be the problem.
Yet just can’t load the save, uot even uninstall-delete-reinstall.

For buildings I have 10+ sites about the size of that nordhrim village. Several smaller ones as well.

Все верно, у меня так же много баз и они очень большие,полноценные замки и куча солдат.
После обновления прошло несколько недель, ничего не поменялось.Зайти не могу все так же в игру

The mod I linked above got updated and the game still crashing while loading the old savefile. SO IT IS NOT THE MOD THAT IS CAUSING THE CRASH! Why?

One of my family member helped me with updating the savefile to the latest build. It does helped loading in my savefile only to make the game crash again when I tried to move with my character! :angry: This happened twice! I checked the game files integrity with steam, but it sad the my files are 100% OK!
After that I even updated my Nvidia driver, but now the game went back to crashing on the loading screen again. :frowning_face:
I worked on this save for more then two and a half year now! This game took away 2000+ hours from my file! Everything I built was 90-95% grinding! I even bought FOUR of your DLC-s and was planning to buy the new one, but for my old save! So I don’t want to loose it! Please HELP Funcom! :cry:

try to load game after your last update single player fatal error try to load new game no go after 90 hours of play why don’t you just ask for more money if you need it and do not take advantage of your customers

DakotaWindwalker is having a similar problem like I have.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/why-am-i-getting-this-error/99037

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.