Siptah price guess

So myself and my server have been discussing the much anticipated Siptah release and our biggest concern is the Price!

The fact that funcom have released the trailer with a release date finally but without a price is rather disheartening.

For myself and the players I’ve spoken with we all are wanting it to be priced around the £20 range the same as early access with many bearly willing to go higher than £25 and thats begrudgingly.

Honest we are torn as a player base between those who want/could afford it and those who cannot afford it.

Combine it with the release of gen 2 on ark many of my players are saying if its more than £20 they won’t buy and will go play ark or rust of the 100s other games releasing this month.

So my question to the ps4 community!

How much would you realistically pay for a single Map DLC Expansion???
£20 (the same as early access/PC)
£25 a little above early price but reasonable?
£30+ (basically a new game price?l

4 Likes

it will probably be between 30 euros … everything else would not be okay. since funcom titled it as DLC, so it is no longer worth it and I have already given the maximum price.
For example, a subnautica below zero costs just under 30 euros in the PSN shop (full game).

1 Like

I imagine it’ll be $30/€25/£22. (numbers rounded up)

2 Likes

Pre ordered game for $25 and bought all dlc up to this point, like many ppl. However, with updates always needing hotfixes, hotfixes needing hotfixes, both consoles being treated like low class citizens (deliberate or not)…I can’t 100% justify paying as much as I did the base game. Alot has been fixed but alot has not. I do love this game…but idk, maybe it’s just the yellow lotus potion talking.

3 Likes

I’m guessing anywhere between $30 to $40 Aud

1 Like

Pay? what you mean? :rofl:
Our PVE-C servers been broken for over an year now, loads of bugs, and no fixes.
Legit hope they have common sense and put it for free for the 1st week or something :laughing:

Imagine not fixing a fully broken game on console and then release a DLC and tell us to buy it with all the unfixed problems still there, they are not crazy, or are they? :rofl:

3 Likes

Judging by most of price points going up… 40$ at lowest.

2 Likes

Hmm, good question. For an expansion to a game that has so many game breaking bugs? If it’s free for PS+, I will pay that much. So that’s my answer. I will pay no more than $0.00. I’m still waiting for boss fights to be fixed, PVE-C severs to be fixed, the in-game economy to be fixed…

3 Likes

my thoughts, would be £20-25 and i could accept it on release, anything more, and funcom can “jog on” till the price comes down in a sale. I love Conan exiles, player since day Zero, but I don’t always rush out and buy the latest thing as 70% of all dlc’s are just re-skin jobs with no real added content. and they cost from £5-15, and most new ark maps are of a similar price, at launch. asking more from a game that has had no real updates, even just to do bug fixes for over 18 months is “extracting the Michael” or just taking the piss for players that supported the game.

1 Like

Yh well, $40 would be shameful and faith/trust shattering (but unsurprising). With the state of things and knowing that there will be bugs/glitches (which may or may not be addressed in a timely manner) I just can’t see paying above $20-25 tops. Anything above…cue B2M “Hard to Say Goodbye”.

4 Likes

You get a “heart” for reminding me Boyz II Men exists.

1 Like

Just an FYI, but I’m not paying for jack until they fix the mess they created with the last patch.

2 Likes

Let’s see…
Two Building sets.
Two Gear sets.
That’s two DLC packs.

Significant map expansion and numerous dungeons.
Map expansions and dungeons, up to this point, have been included as the “work in progress” that is the base game. The devs are still working through all of the features that were advertised before launch. Until those are all implemented (which some finally were, such as mounts)
I do expect content to come in that is included as part of the work in progress. However, I understand that this is designated otherwise.
Based on the size of Siptah including it’s dungeons… Two more DLCs?

There was an early access discount for PC.
Console, instead, got neither early access nor timely bug fixes during the span of that early access. On the one hand, PC users got to help troubleshoot the new expansion. On the other, console players were locked out of the new content and were denied even regular base game updates. We contributed by not being a usage of resources at all for months, even when our comrades on XBox were completely locked out for weeks upon weeks. That drives my acceptable range for cost down a bit.

Honestly, I’d consider the price of a Season Pass of DLCs to be reasonable.

3 Likes

Agree with you. I just dunno how to really feel. This is the only game I’ve played consistently for a few years. I’m rather hesitant because of so many things but I do love what I’ve seen (map, reworks, ect.). 2 building and 2 Armor sets, yh, I gotcha (Agreed), honest pay for honest work. Maybe I’m a little butt-hurt from Funcom’s parental neglect towards consoles, maybe I’ve seen too much (repetitive armor/weapons), maybe I’m worried about getting burnt again. Maybe it doesn’t matter and I’m a Jacka**…

1 Like

Wish I’d never mentioned it, song is stuck in my head since post.

1 Like

All I can really say in contribution is that I’m very, very curious what the price point will be and that I’m definitely going to hold off on buying it until we get 2.4 and I see what the reception to Siptah on consoles is like.

3 Likes

The most honest and reasonable thing I’ve heard.

1 Like

My guess is between $30 and $40. If I had to guess an actual number I’d say $37.95. We’ll see how that guess goes…

I think it will cost us almost the same us pc , I see no reason to be different :woman_shrugging:t3: . Still of it’s not over 40 Euro it’s ok by me

1 Like

steam
This is rhe current price for siptah on PC I really hope they keep the price similar for console and don’t overcharge otherwise i may not buy it :sweat_smile: I really don’t want to be paying more than £20 on it.

3 Likes