Small overall questions about in game daily things/suggestions

So I recently started playing this game all tho I had it since early access but went to play ark but arks bugs completely killed my patience and it seems they do not improve over time. And Conan so far seems to be in pretty good state. Runs well, I can solo everything (playing single player), got purged twice both worked tho the second one came really fast almost instantly after the first.

Anyhow here are my questions can’t say they are suggestions since I don’t know if they are actually already in game and I just don’t know how to use em.

1. Can I build from inventory instead of putting a building piece in my quick bar. Can I select an item from inventory click a key bind and be prompted to building phase with item being displayed on the ground.
  2. Is there a hotkey that allows me to drop an item that is selected from the inventory instead of dragging it out or clicking drop.
  3. Is it possible to replace a lower quality per say wall with a better quality just by putting it on it. Since know I think I had to break the wall in order to add a door frame and that made the wall above fall. Is there an option to switch the wall with a door frame or higher level wall without breaking the above walls but destroying the initial wall.
  4. Can I clip into the terrain?
  5. Is there a hotkey to instantly check my pets/thralls inventory?
  6. Is there a hotkey to transfer items fast like select a stack and click button=transferred instead of dragging double clicking or clicking the in game button.
  7. Can I see floating combat text?

Can’t remember anymore atm.

Any how overall the game runs great had only a few bugs like enemies going really fast up and down cliffs/stairs or sometimes getting a bit stuck in a bigger beast. And the snake boss attacking when I’m behind him. Really glad to see this game getting polished so much from early access

some of the formulation isn’t completely clear, but I’ll try to answer some things for you :slight_smile:

1. No, this has to do with inventory management (expand for Details)

Games don’t want you to constantly go in and out your inventory to select an item. It is simply to make an inventory system make sense.
If you have this restriction, you will do things step by step and consider what is important to take with you in your hotbar… and I think there is more positive sides to it. I think there might also be a bit of a downside/difficulty to making it automatic like that, but I can’t think of it right away.

1. Yes, there are controls to Move Items.

2. No, currently not. This would be an ‘Upgrade’ feature that you could suggest (see 6), but I don’t know if everyone supports an alike build style, it does not completely fit the style of Conan (not a ‘building’ game, being exile is rough xd).
    Do note that replacing it with a completely different thing is not going to happen

3. Depends why you are asking imo. Though,
    Yes, Admins may use the Ghost admin command.
    Yes and no, for building you are able to level building parts with the terrain using Auto Align to Terrain, but somehow putting them completely under the terrain means you have either encountered a bug or are using a prohibited exploit/cheat/hack to build under the mesh.
    If you do find a way to exploit any game mechanic, please do not use it or ask/tell how to use it, but report it using the exploit form!

4. If you check a Feeding Box in range it will display food information, but if you want to check your pet’s inventories you really need to go to the Animal Pen or Pet in question.

5. Yes and no, if a stack is in an inventory slot, just Move Item (see 2), but otherwise no, I’m not sure why, but you could suggest it as a QoL improvement for building

6. No, but there is likely a mod for seeing floating combat text.

Improving AI is one of the highest priotized upcoming features.
Getting stuck in bosses is still a problem, getting stuck in Rhinos and Camels is being fixed.

If you have any questions in the future, I recommend joining the fan-made discord.

1 Like

Thanks for the awnsers.

1. Can I build from inventory instead of putting a building piece in my quick bar. Can I select an item from inventory click a key bind and be prompted to building phase with item being displayed on the ground.

Not entirely sure if you mean “build” in terms of making the individual pieces, or building and placing those pieces into the map in one step.

The latter is (unfortunately) not possible, but the former is.

When you are in Inventory, you can click on building pieces in the list and click a button to create 1x 10x or as many of a particular building piece as you have materials for. You do not actually have to drag the blue-colored recipe tile onto the quickbar. In fact, if you DO create building objects from the quick bar, you may not get any XP for doing so. Therefore, I’d only take that approach once you’ve hit level 60.

1. Is it possible to replace a lower quality per say wall with a better quality just by putting it on it. Since know I think I had to break the wall in order to add a door frame and that made the wall above fall. Is there an option to switch the wall with a door frame or higher level wall without breaking the above walls but destroying the initial wall.

You can upgrade an exist item to a higher tier, but it has to be the exact same component, i.e. T1 Wall => T2 Wall, T1 Foundation => T3 Foundation, T1 Doorframe => T3 Doorframe. You cannot change a wall to a doorframe or the like though.

Now, if you have an instance where you have a wall above a section where you need to break it out, the best way to do this is to place a temporary ceiling tile at the bottom of the upper wall, and then place another piece to support the temporary ceiling tile. In this way, when you break the lower wall section for your doorway, the upper portion of the wall will be supported by the ceiling piece.

Additionally, there are instance in which a wall piece can persist with no wall or doorframe below it if it is adjoined by another wall section and has a ceiling above it. My advice would be to test this out with sandstone pieces just to familiarize yourself with such quirks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.