So after raiding last night i have 2 issues

Went to go on a raid last night. Firstly after blowing a rather small base that i though was empty, i see light coming through foundations. i think its a hidden cavern. NOPE. This clan has a base inside a mountain. Blew away everthing around the mountain and there is light coming from inside the rock. We have been trying to find their stash for what seems like forever. Now i know y we couldn’t. What do i do about this?

Secondly, dont give up on ur legacy thralls already. I had a new fully leveled fleshtearer who went up against a legacy spinas. I know its a legacy because these ppl Have not been on the server since before the update. They only get on to refresh. Anyways my kithis was in legion with a sorrow. Their Legacy spinas was in godbreaker with a flawless starmetal greatsword. That spinas about whooped my thralls butt. If my thrall didnt have 9k hp it most likely would have died. He was down to 1500 hp when the spinas went down. So much for me thinkin the legacy thralls are complete trash. Im alot more comfortable now leavin the ones i still got gaurding while i level up the new ones. BTW they legacy volcano thralls still have 4000+k hp. I dont remember exactly what their health is as im not currently on the game.

1 Like

Oh really?
Well, I have a level 20 kisthis with 9.7k health and 75% damage bonus, I think about 1450 armor.

And yesterday I was going through a base and it deteriorated right in front of me.
Several legacy warriors there, Relic Hunters, and votaries skelos.

They had heavy armor of strength, and dragon bone sword with the new damage kit.

My kisthis (Name him Azog the Defiler) killed them all with extreme ease and speed. and lost not even 20% of his life.

Note, I always leave food in his inventory, so it heals automatically.

Edit, fix google translator errors

There’s your 1st problem, Silent Legion armor is garbage, especially if you’re using it just for the armor value vs thralls with the Godbreaker armor value. Not to mention you’re missing out on bonus stats like Strength or Vitality that an Epic Flawless set of Pictish or Cimmerian Steel would provide.

And there’s your 2nd problem. I love Telith’s Sorrow for my personal use, when I run a 2-Handed sword, because I can swing all day without completely draining my stamina. For a thrall, especially one fighting other thralls in PvP and ESPECIALLY going up against a thrall in Godbreaker, you want something with much more armor pen, or possibly bonus critical damage.

Give Kisthis a World Breaker, Sword of Crom, or Doomhammer and set him up with the Godbreaker helmet (can’t get a better sandstorm mask for a thrall) and some Epic Flawless Strength or Vitality armor and watch him go to town.

I think you’re looking for this:

Give them server ( possibly official but give coordinates anyway so they can patch the map ) and exact coordinates, so they can try to find out how they got in and patch the map.

3 Likes

Need to check ur stats bud, sorrow armor pen is comparable to doom and beats sword of crom. its basically the best craftable sword u can do for a thrall. Worldbreaker is a hammer so ofcourse it has superior armor pen. And i dont have the dlc for pictish.

Silent Legion can’t be considered garbage: it’s a standard armor (non-Flawless) that grants the wearer 10 total attribute points, two per piece. Epic Flawless only grants 9 total points. Silent Legion looks pretty good too.

For 10 total points in STR, I’d suggest:
Helm of The Brute | Guardian for all other pieces
Helm of the Brute | Pictish Warchief all other pieces
or mix and match.

Personally, I find I often prefer a mix of STR and VIT for my followers.

1 Like

Silent Legion is total garbage, both for players and thralls alike, but I’ll stick to the thrall case…

With a full set of SL you get:

• +2 Accuracy (useless on a Fighter such as Kisthis)

• +2 Strength

• +2 Vitality

• +2 Grit (useless on any thrall, since they don’t have it)

• +2 Encumbrance (useless on any thrall, since they don’t have it)

• 1005 armor (Assuming you put bulk plating on all pieces)

Now in PvP, you should always have a sandstorm mask on your thralls, and the best durability and armor you can get on a sandstorm mask is the Godbreaker helm.

So with the set I described, you get:

• +7 Strength or +7 Vitality or some mix of the two if you want

• Protection from poison arrows

• 1104 armor (assuming bulk plating)

So by going with full Silent Legion, you have -3 stat boost and 99 less armor, plus your thrall is vulnerable to poison gas arrows.

Please reread what I wrote, as in the part after the words “armor pen” and starting with the word “or”.

In defense of silent legion; it can be mass produced with easy resources while you’re off doing other things. Just cause something isn’t “the best” doesn’t make something else garbage. Getting the arena armor resources has opportunity cost.

1 Like

I’m guessing you play PVE? Not saying that as an insult, but in PvP if you don’t have “the best” equipment on your thrall then they’re not in good shape.

1 Like

I love this response. Again, you don’t need the best to do… what? You can kill and steal in the crumiest of armors. Just because Silent Legion isnt Godbreaker, doesnt mean its the same a Darfari skin.

If your a perfectionist then yeah. But legion is still good for just slappin skmething on a thrall. Also if yiur thrall has good survival, poison aint doing jack. Learned that yesterday on another server i just started.

1 Like

I also realized with Enhanced Gruel thrall (humans) or skeletons legion warriors, are immune to toxic gases now.

3 Likes

For the player, SL isn’t total garbage. For the follower, it’s simply heavy armor in a pinch with a few buffs that looks cool.

On a PvP server, during off-raid hours the gas mask is unnecessary. Strategically it’s always best to give the follower the best attributes, and since Grit isn’t used, Godbreaker would be my last choice for a follower’s off-raid roaming helmet. 130 armor points amounts to very little in Damage Reduction, but during raid, all that durability gives them a fighting chance vs acid attacks. Good call.

And the Godbreaker is just freaking ugly as sin.

3 Likes

An easier repeatable without drops is add Pride of Aesir Gauntlets.
When doing builds i put them into 3 categories

1. Highest repeatable (all craftable and no drops needed once you have recipe)
  2. Highest with drops (Brute,sobak, etc.)
  3. Could care less if i lose it (flawless only for the +9 stats, but no perfected wasted). this is my farming and scouting gear.

for perks from weapons, i never count on them. I only count on the 5 fish diet, and elixir for enc and surv if i am being greedy.

1 Like

Going to have to test that myself, I had hoped for this but all the stat page says is that it reduces the time for the debuff.

The undead have always been immune to poison gas.

Really don’t want to start this debate, so much to say contrary but I’ll just agree to disagree.

Well if we look at what the question was originally, it was about a guy with his leveled thrall in silent legion getting his *** handed to him by some thralls in Godbreaker, so I would say to do… that. And for the record I wasn’t advocating wearing full Godbreaker any more, I was saying to put his thrall in some armor with buffs they can actually use instead of jacking up their grit and encumbrance with useless silent legion.

If you’re crafting the armor anyway, let’s say you even only have a T3 armorer, and don’t want to use the Godbreaker helm, then Exceptional flawless strength or vitality armor is still going to give you like a +6 or +7 with a full set, minus the +4 strength/vitality combo you get from silent legion.

We used to stick SL on the thralls when new people joined, back when armor was the only thing that mattered, and told them to farm their own Godbreaker when they were ready, but since thralls are getting stats why would you craft them a set of armor where only 2 of the stats matter?

Yeah I think Meshing is one of the few exploitative behaviors that Funcom actually will act upon, Report it to them with server name and coords, screenshots will help. Then wait for them to get back to you and investigate it. Hopefully ban will be incoming and you can feast upon the pile of salt that the meshers will leave behind, use their salt to spice your meals for the festive season :slight_smile:

If you want the best, then I’d go with Executioners Hood (when gas doesn’t matter and tbh if it’s not a guard it rarely does), Redeemed Silent Legion chest, Godbreaker Gauntlets and some epic flawless str or vit gear for rest (I’d probably go str, since it’s easy to get a thrall with pretty high hp anyway).

Then add a weapon with buffs (fx Maelstrom for +5 str and vit) and were talking serious business :slight_smile: (although 2h hammer probably wouldn’t be my first choice for thralls, depends on what weapons you have access to).

Edit: this would be for a thrall killer / pve nuker. I don’t think you need more than 40 str on something like a Berserker to one-bomb most players.

Guess again, turned in many videos of some trolls on my server meshing and nothing was done. They were using many other exploits as well, but the others were harder to get video proof.

To be fair, the mounts patch fixed a lot of the exploits they were using, but it was a dicey week leading up to that patch. We wouldn’t have survived had it not been for the sheer number of thralls we had.

I don’t know if I totally agree with that statement, as I’ve had plenty of occasions both while raiding and defending that my thrall would have been toast sans gas mask, but I will say that you’ve given me food for thought about running around with the Godbreaker helmet full time for PVE-ish activities like farming and thralling and such.

That’s fine, I don’t really like that sort of agreement though, so if you’ll indulge me one last point we can go on with our business. Just please understand it’s very hard to approve of your honest and pertinent statements when they’re founded on a sentiment that is potentially hurtful to the dev team and to players who really enjoy Silent Legion. You made a very earnest, cogent reply to @darthphysicist right under the portion I quoted. You deserve credit for that. :slight_smile: