Speedrunning Conan Exiles

Hey guys, techee here. Head moderator for the Conan Exiles speedrunning community. We’re new with not a whole lot of active runners at the moment. Currently only running the Exiled Lands map and have leaderboards for all four difficulties and yes, I did include Custom as a difficulty (it’s also beginner friendly I got to say). I’m gonna put feelers out there to see who’s interested within the larger coommunity. It’s a lot of fun and a real challenge. I’m sure a lot of people are probably looking for the step up in their Conan Exiles playthroughs.

I’ll post videos of runs from myself personally from time to time and gather more interest on here.

The link to our community can be found here: Conan Exiles - speedrun.com

8 Likes

This sounds like a lot of fun. ^-^

4 Likes

It really is! I could gush on how fun and also challenging this is.

3 Likes

Here’s my last run using the custom settings for the game:

It’s at a 1:22 but I plan on decreasing it down to a 1:10 this week.

3 Likes

@techee I’ll watch the whole thing when I have some down time, exciting.

I really wanna see @stelagel do this. I think he’d do amazing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Cool beans! The more people that can get in, the better. :smiley:

3 Likes

Comical how you request my kindness towards you.
Tho demonstrate the behavior of a hypocritical sow.

2 Likes

Eh, I’ll bite on this one.

Speedrunning is an art form. It takes minmax to a whole other level, breaking the game down into mechanical segments and piecing together the most efficient means of getting to the end as possible. It’s certainly not for everyone, but it takes an immense amount of skill to pull off a clean run. Huge props to speedrunners, they know the game better than most as they explore every possible avenue to speed up a run.

2 Likes

Speedrunning is an additional challenge. The game’s already hard as it is and running the main content on Civilized difficulty is fully challenging. There’s always a niche of people who want something harder and this provides people that particular challenge.

3 Likes

Love it.

————-

I was just talking to someone about this topic. We were discussing that in all our time playing we’ve never actually taken the time to just finish the main story. We started watching some content last night and discussing a game-plan for a co-run. With the terms being that even tho it’s not a solo run, we’d have each other for help. That we would double everything. I’d personally like to do a run with no altercation of settings. Tho the run I watched last night, they had no loot dropped on death. Basically allowing them to teleport to bed/bedroll without penalty of death.

3 Likes

Honest question: do people really consider CE to be challenging?

I mean, I don’t really see it… unless you’re actively trying to make the game harder for yourself, such as this speedrun, it’s not particularly difficult imo.

Edit: OP, tried running to Sepermeru first and do a quick run of the chests? Might get you a steel weapon instead of a stone hammer.

1 Like

I’d love to see a stock settings run. Would absolutely bump up the time. For extra challenge I’ve thrown around the idea of a no-crafting run. Not sure how I’d implement it, but basically a run where you can’t craft anything, save for maybe a bedroll

2 Likes

Yes. I need to do more research. But 100% what I wanna goal for. Double run, stock settings, under a solo player run time. That would feel like an accomplishment.

I’d love to see that. I think you could pull it off. Chests offer many advantages for someone not wishing to craft.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Would be a largely rng based run as all your gear would come from chests and drops. Adds a degree of unpredictability to it

2 Likes

I can absolutely adding the challenge runs under the miscellaneous categories. But I don’t think I’ve ever heard of stock settings. Is that like the standard settings people play under?

2 Likes

Stock would refer to default settings only. 1x on all rates, no keeping inventory on death, all default. Same as an official server essentially

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Sounds hard for sure.

2 Likes

I’ll post up the Discord server link if anyone’s wanting to join: Conan Exiles Speedrunners

1 Like

I want to ask everyone this question. Would you guys rather start at level one or start at level sixty? With level sixty, you get better weapons and armor from a regular playthrough from the get go.

1 Like

Personally I think it should be fresh outta character creation. Dry lips on a random beachhead.
Heels in the sand.
Ready, set, GO!

I personally don’t really see the point of starting from a regular game at level 60 to do a run. But that’s just my personal preference, it wouldn’t feel like an accomplishment on my end.

This one had no point. I just found it funny.

3 Likes