Stability bug 0 stability

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: building
When building large or tall structures sometimes the game will pull stability not from the best attached piece. For example, if you have 2 foundation pieces with 4 spaces in between and place 4 ceiling tiles between them, the stability should go 100, 80, 60, 60, 80, 100. But instead, the game will occasionally do 100, 80, 60, 40, 20, 100. This bug oddly seems to leave ceiling tiles placed above that 20 stability piece to be at a stability of 0. So it will look fine, but on reload of the game it will get instantly destroyed even when it is attached to a foundation that has 100 stability.

Sometimes I am able to fix it by demolishing all nearby pieces and replacing them but most of the time there is nothing I can do and have to destroy the entire structure.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Hi @Steel-axe, welcome to the forums!

We’ll be sure to relay this information to our team, could you also please share a screenshot of a building piece whose stability is off as well as the exact layout?

I have a similar experience in my base. The building pieces die out during the server restart in the AM. Attached is the event log showing it and I took screen shots showing the stability of the foundation, the wall piece that I put on one side that looses stability and the other side has the fence with correct stability.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this data with us @erjoh, does destroying and rebuilding both the foundation and the wall result in the wall stability remaining at 0?

Which specific building pieces are getting destroyed on restart other than the wall, and do they also have 0 stability?

I did some experimenting and added some columns (even though they shouldn’t have mattered) and only had one piece registering 0 stability. This AM’s restart destroyed that. I then dismantled the ceiling foundation piece and rebuilt that (100%). Then added the opposite fence piece (100%) and the right leaning piece (0%). I then dismantled the ceiling piece next to the right leaning piece to see if that is what is causing the issue. I couldn’t construct that ceiling piece back. The game won’t let me, even though it was right next to a 100% foundation on one side, 2 spaces from another 100% foundation.

1 Like

I will add screenshots soon when I am able to. To answer your last question, I I destroyed 5 stacked up foundation pieces and re-built them, and the ceiling tile still showed at 0 stability… the strange thing is, one ceiling tile would be at 0 stability, while the other 3 that are attached to the same foundation would have 80 stability, so it’s not an issue with the foundation piece. It also seems to be an issue with very large and tall builds and not small buildings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.