Startup Crash after 1.7.18.0 Update on PC (Xbox Game Pass)

I reinstalled the game and the xbox app it made no difference, game still refuses to launch

I tried it too, can confirm it does NOT work. Though I tested some of my other games come with Xbox game pass. Wolfenstein 2 is crash on startup as well. I guess Microsoft was rushing for the Gears 5 release and mess up everything.

Some eta to give us yet? Having a large user base not being able to launch the game isn’t great.

I do appreciate you giving us some details but the devs should really make an official statement not leave you getting all the questions

1 Like

I guess it is not entirely Funcom’s fault, at least Steam users are not experience this. It’s only the Xbox game pass subscribers that have this problem. Still, the game is completely broken for nearly 5 days. If this was on steam, the users review will immediately tank to zero. Guess I will not renew my game pass from Microsoft anymore. 3 games downloaded and 2 of them are unplayable, what a joke.

1 Like

Same problem here. I am hoping a fix comes soon! I have never been able to play this game before and got Xbox pass almost exclusively for this.

The build has already been submitted by the developers, so it should only be a matter of a few days until it is approved and goes live!

2 Likes

Do we have any update on when the new build will be available to download? Has it already been sent to Microsoft\Windows Store?

One week has passed, still not sorted. Should we blame the developer or Microsoft? This is my opinion, but I will never touch anything in Microsoft Store ever again. While waiting for the game to be fixed, I downloaded Gears 5, you know what? It is not playable just like the other 2 games. This is seriously a bad service. I only downloaded 4 games in total and 3 of them are not playable. If I want to pick up the game again in the future, I will just buy the steam version. Sorry for the rant.

There was an update to Mutant Year Zero today, I assume to fix this bug. However now instead of the game crashing at launch, my whole PC shuts down from a BSOD…

GG Funcom.

1 Like

Well the game launches for me now but still crashes after syncing saves.

Faulting application name: ZoneUE4-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d7624d4
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0xf24fc044
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process ID: 0x2414
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56db2d504e53c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\FuncomOsloAS.MutantYearZeroRoadtoEden_1.7.19.0_x64__pkaskhy6cdq4g\ZoneUE4\Binaries\Win64\ZoneUE4-Win64-Shipping.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: a8e5f214-f1d5-4c91-94b6-b26208fdff8f
Faulting package full name: 
FuncomOsloAS.MutantYearZeroRoadtoEden_1.7.19.0_x64__pkaskhy6cdq4g
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
1 Like

Some update, the game now runs fine. All saves data is still there. Thanks Funcom.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.