Stealth is dead

Was it recently added as a selectable setting value or was it always there and someone recently figured out how useful it was?

itā€™s a bad option

Added. Before HP bars popped up only on something you damaged, and went away after x amount of time without. My guess is it was part of the performance tweaks, making them pop up at a certain distance is??? less taxing than running to cooldown dmgd/not dmgd calculation in large camps.

Upgrade the engine.

Maybe, but I think the client can be configured so that they behave like they used to. If it was a performance enhancement I wouldnā€™t be able to change that behavior.

Canā€™t. UE4.xx they are using was modified to do things for the game to the point it is not "compatibleā€™ with newer versions, especially ue5.

So code will have to be rewritten is what you are saying whether you know it or not.

Yeah. And that would be one hell of a rewrite. So much it would be better just t9 do Conan Exiles 2

Depends, how much would CE 2 cost to make?

The cost wouldnā€™t be the MAIN concern. It is mov8ng the entire team to it, wh8ch means 2 to 3 years at best without anything new (sans modders) on CE. Bug fixes as well would become low priority. Once they move on, they move on.

Bug fixes would become low priority. Well, atleast this wouldnā€™t change.

3 Likes

I remember that one. I think it was in a fever dream.

In all honesty I think stealth would bring a lot more life to the game.

It did for me. When I switched to stealth, it was awesome. This current situation is where I totally disagree with FC in thisā€¦but I also think repair hammers shouldnā€™t show HP. There should be 100%, 99-1% and destroyed status that everyone can see.

At least in PVP it should be stealth, now youā€™re getting kill experience from being a thief or ambushing.

1 Like

I only play this game to pvp at this point but I would like to see the health bars go back to normal. I think this was a pointless addition.

2 Likes

Sounds so great that they are listening, until you realize nothing happened in 5 months.

No matter what plan they want to come up with they should just start by making it LoS or if thatā€™s too hard, just remove it until they figure out something better.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was one of the ones most ardently against the addition of HP bars. As a mostly solo/duo player and heavily favoring archery, the lack of stealth changed the way I can play the game in a lot of ways. Iā€™m thankful they addressed it, but I too would appreciate an update.

5 Likes

I think that the best way not to lose the north is to always keep in mind the essence of conan to survive, build and dominate

I donā€™t play on PvP servers, just PvE-C servers, but I do feel like a huge chunk of Conan lore is lost because of some silly mechanic choices. Player stealth should NEVER equate to turning invisible, BUT you should be able to hide inside foliage or whatever without having a giant red bar showing up like a beacon.

And you canā€™t claim those changes were because of PvE players because PvE players donā€™t play on PvP servers. I enjoy PvP myself, but I donā€™t care for base destruction, which is why PvE-C servers are perfect for me.

However, I will support better PvP mechanics since PvP is more focused on combat and tactics than PvE.

2 Likes

One issue is that there seems to be an idea on high that what is good for PvE will be good for PvP and vice versa.
There are numerous ā€œfeaturesā€ that belong in the admin panel and should have a very different default setting based on what type of server it is.

In this case, the display of health bars is a toggle. So why it remains on (at least for PvP servers) despite being acknowledged as damaging is beyound the pale to me.

6 Likes