Storm Lightning Strike too loud at night. Give "Night Sound" option. Plz

Game mode: Online
Type of issue: Sound
Server type: PVE
Region: America

Isle of Siptah - Big thunder/lightning strikes are too loud.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in.
  2. Look at the storm as it goes through it’s cycle.
  3. Lightning effect is accompanied by a extremely loud global sound.
  4. It’s too loud.

Let me be clear though. I love the intention here, and during the day this is fine. However, I live in an apartment, and use speakers so playing at night I need to be a little cautious with noise. My issue is that the difference between the regular SFX, and this new “super” SFX is extreme. For me to be able to comfortably, and modestly hear the “regular sounds” I then risk waking up my neighbors with 3 raging lightning strikes.

I have picky neighbors. I actually put the sub woofer on a blanket to muffle it, and turned down the bass as well.

Which is why I even have to make this comment. The sound is still HUGE. Please tell me if I am wrong here? There must be a massive difference in the decibels put out by the regular SFX, and the global world effect lightning strike sound.

Give me an option for “night mode”.

Again, I like the big, scary booms. It’s neat, but it’s unrealistic for me at night (and some other people as well.) If you can make it a thing so I can hear the rest of the game while I play at night, it would be great!

Hey @GodisGood

We’re aware of this annoyance as it’s been reported a few times during the past few days. Our team is looking into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.