Suggestions for PvP mini games

To make PvP minis viable, I offer the following suggestions for players for Crom (don’t know what Fury is like these days)

1. Welcome New pvpers with constructive advice. Who takes flag, support roles, etc. Insults do nothing and causes many to leave.
  2. Use vote kick only for obvious afking, cheaters, etc.
  3. Play as group and try to win as a group. Those that do usually fair better than the scatter approach. K/D will happen anyway.
  4. Lowbies know they will die alot, yes it’s part of the learning curve, so don’t be upset when you are killed. Let 10s battle each other but accept when you are an opportunity kill.
  5. Fight hard, play to win and die well.
  6. Don’t leave because you don’t like the group balance. It’s often not balanced anyway.
  7. Don’t rez pad camp, that goes with trying to win the mission at hand.

Let’s enjoy PvP again!

If the ragers affect you, the only you can do is ignore them. It’s always the same people anyway and there are few of them. Most wont speak or not be terribly offensive.

Outside of that, yes pad camping sucks, there are some k/d whores but it’s not the main issue. Usually there are 2-3 people on a team who won’t do it. The problem on Crom is usually with the retàrded flagbots Who bring the flag to the spawn. Given how broken and uninterruptible flag mechanics are, it’s very easy to get your whole team camped by being a flaggot.

1 Like

The worst are people who do not pick up the flag and give up. Bringing the flag to the camping area is a good idea for a non-soldier class, for example, as another solider will pick the flag up after your death.

I see nothing wrong with fighting at the resurrection-pad area, as it is part of the mechanics: if the other team does not want it, they can move to another location within 15 seconds (people have invulnerability).

As for the Jarafin’s rule. I like the first 6 suggestions.

Also, do not forget to report those who will force you into giving up or dropping the flag, as it is, in essence, assisting the enemy team.

1 Like

If you are getting farmed on respad and teams are unbalanced, I don`t see problem giving up on flag to finish game and start new one, only map worth getting farmed is LT ,since you can win there by lava accident

1 Like

I think we need one rp pvp pve server. And some pr )

Welcome new players? Lol, i got kicked because i have low gear but i fight all the time. Nice attitude and bote kick using.

1 Like

i would also kick you, it`s insane hearing all that q_q :smiley:

1 Like

You cant kick me because i dont play

I remember trying minis for the first time back on Rage. The flame and toxicity I experienced there as noob have never been paralleled. I can’t speak for how it is on Crom/Fury now but it sure as hell made me lose interest for a good while. I suppose you need a thick skin.

Great post and really is the only thing that has any chance of making pvp even semi-viable in this game. Vote kick alone has done way more harm than good as the pvp community has allowed it to become an avenue to kick players simply because they’re lower ranked or just trying to learn. That’s the fastest way to kill something. Much of the players who think they are so great at pvp are those raking up kills on easy marks, completely ignoring the actual tactics of the match, and then they vote kick someone who is level 2 pvp lol. The very same people voting these new players are terrible pvp players…it’s just a zerg. Get some class and realize if you enjoy PvP in AoC, it is on virtual life-support…do not kick someone if they are trying. All the changes the pvp community has asked for, has brought it to this point…now the community is so small that level 1’s are forced into matches with folks who’ve been pvping on the same toon sadly for a decade. And these same creeps forgo tactics to farm and complain about these new players who with some support, could make minis viable again. Completely moronic.

2 Likes

random signings brought us to this and that what was majority of cry-babies asking on forums back in 200X. pvp is about communication so let people play with friends who at least can listen to calls in voice chat… it makes no sence to play PvP without communication when 1ms can decide who wins

3 Likes